Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Dogcatcher: I hate to say "I told you so" - but "I told you so"!
I warned the CampFirers in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico that the scourge that is the transplanted Canadian Wolves would soon be ruining things for them - unless they fought the re-introductions tooth and nail.
Sounds like "it" (the scourge) is starting in the southern Rocky Mountain states now.
Sad.
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

So what's the RMEF going to do when there are so few elk that the season is closed on them?

Same old rhetoric. MT has a 6 month season on elk and soon you will be able to kill 3. WY has a long season and you can kill multiple.

Not in favor of wolves but it’s not the doom and gloom guys try to make it out to be.

Guys that couldn’t kill elk before the wolf simply blame wolves for not being able to kill them after the wolf.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I'm surprised a rancher would just sit back and let his cows and dog be munched. SSS

When you've got one pair and everyone knows how many pups they had, seems like it'd be kind of hard to stay under the radar if you decided to thin the pack.
I can tell you from experience, if you kill an animal unobserved and walk off without touching it I don't care if it is in your front yard they will play hell convicting you. Just do NOT make any statements. Repeating, do NOT make any statements.

That may be true for some animals, but have you ever tried it with some of the first wolves to migrate into your state with this many eyes on them?
Almost everyone convicted of shooting a protected species either picked it up or handled it in some way or talked about it. Wolves do not generally hang around where there are lots of observers. Pick up your brass and walk off.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something bad happened to some Wolves in an area up here, didn't take long for the law to start snooping around asking whodunnit, nobody seemed to know anything.
I don't see the difference from Wolves and Rats, they are similar.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm surprised a rancher would just sit back and let his cows and dog be munched. SSS

When you've got one pair and everyone knows how many pups they had, seems like it'd be kind of hard to stay under the radar if you decided to thin the pack.
I can tell you from experience, if you kill an animal unobserved and walk off without touching it I don't care if it is in your front yard they will play hell convicting you. Just do NOT make any statements. Repeating, do NOT make any statements.

That may be true for some animals, but have you ever tried it with some of the first wolves to migrate into your state with this many eyes on them?
Almost everyone convicted of shooting a protected species either picked it up or handled it in some way or talked about it. Wolves do not generally hang around where there are lots of observers. Pick up your brass and walk off.

I've been in plenty of places where that would be feasible. Not sure it is on your own ranch with a bunch of people there guarding your cattle. And no doubt some there to make sure nothing happens to the wolves.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning again my friend, we're part way out the door so I'll be uncharacteristically brief.

Without going into details because why would I?

The folks in the ranching and farming community that I know - for the most part - have either a backhoe or a track hoe on the place.

While I've heard rumors of some predator removal taking place, I cannot substantiate it, nor would I attempt to do so, again because why would I?

I'd be shocked down to my Canadian made Icelandic wool socks if the farmers and ranchers on the other side of the medicine line were substantially different, but I could be wrong.

Have a good one sir, we're off to the city for a grocery run.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I warned the CampFirers in Colorado, Utah, Arizona and New Mexico that the scourge that is the transplanted Canadian Wolves would soon be ruining things for them - unless they fought the re-introductions tooth and nail.
Sounds like "it" (the scourge) is starting in the southern Rocky Mountain states now.
Sad.
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The RMEF can eat a dick after that stunt. On a side note...I know they used to sell RMEF golf balls (might still?) I reached out to them and said it was ironic they supported golf, when golf courses and surrounding neighborhoods being built on winter range is a major contributor to declining deer and elk numbers in the west. Not to mention water usage. They are a piece of schit organization.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 673
Something bad happened to some Wolves in an area up here, didn't take long for the law to start snooping around asking whodunnit, nobody seemed to know anything.

woof is just a big coyote in Utah.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by 673

woof is just a big coyote in Utah.......

LOL

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Shooting won't work boys, poison is your friend. Of course that's just what i've heard.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by callnum

Not in favor of wolves but it’s not the doom and gloom guys try to make it out to be.

Guys that couldn’t kill elk before the wolf simply blame wolves for not being able to kill them after the wolf.

I'd say the wuffs reducing the North Yellowstone elk herd from 20,000+ to 4400 head is substantial, but maybe not to a POS bunnyhugger.

Eliminated the popular late cow hunts that helped families put good meat in their freezers.

That's pretty much doom and gloom to a lot of elk hunters.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by guy57
Shooting won't work boys, poison is your friend. Of course that's just what i've heard.

I have been led to believe there is a method of reducing their numbers in a humane way, via baiting with a "poison" that simply sterilizes them. I like the idea although you aren't going to hear much about it.

Last edited by 673; 01/22/22.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by kennyd
Wolves only kill lame old animals and just enough to subsist.

I hope that is satire

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

I'd say the wuffs reducing the North Yellowstone elk herd from 20,000+ to 4400 head is substantial, but maybe not to a POS bunnyhugger.

Eliminated the popular late cow hunts that helped families put good meat in their freezers.

That's pretty much doom and gloom to a lot of elk hunters.

The late season cow hunts eliminated the late season cow hunts.

An aging herd and liberal seasons were not sustainable. Anyone with just 2 firing brain cells saw it coming. Biology 101

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another thing, do not photograph. If you can help it do not get close enough to photograph. It has been surprising to me since I retired 11 years ago how many people put illegal stuff on Fakebook. Lots of cases made off of Fakebook admissions and cell phone videos and pictures.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I hope that is satire
I had a guy on face book ,who claimed to be a biologist ,and studied wolves . who claimed the very same thing .He told me wolves did not kill livestock or healthy wild game only the weak animals .I tried to tell him what y'all who live with wolves said ,he denied all of it ,so yes there are people that believe this

Last edited by rem shooter; 01/22/22.

NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Practice the three S's. Shoot, shovel, and shut up. Wolves hunt in packs. They will rotate chasing a healthy animal until the animal can't run anymore, then the whole pack attacks the animal to kill and eat it. Doesn't matter how healthy the animal is. Wolves and bears were killed for two reasons. They were killing livestock and people might need the fur from either animal or the bear grease for cooking if they didn't have hogs. Most of the time they were killing livestock.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by saddlesore

I hope that is satire

His last for 4 words are a good clue.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And voters are forcing more of them to be introduced by next year...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wolf-experts-colorado-officials-urgently-120036031.html

It was a number of years ago, but I knew a “rancher” that had a small outfit near Red Lodge. Wolves had been introduced and all was ok until the livestock losses started mounting up. Cowboys just started to shoot the wolves…. Some had sport targeting collared wolves then roping deer and putting the dead wolf collars on the deer. Wolves were almost eradicated in that area.

The powers that became to town to negotiate a truce. As related to me, the big beef was that filing a livestock loss claim was an administrative hassle and the poindexters reviewing the loss claims were denying or delaying many of them. So, the powers fixed it.

Suddenly, the livestock loss claims were processed promptly and paid. Last I heard most everybody ….except a few cows…..were ok with the arrangement.

The powers that be had to realize that it was part of their responsibility to come up with the money and prompt claim administration.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hastings;

Almost everyone convicted of shooting a protected species either picked it up or handled it in some way or talked about it. Wolves do not generally hang around where there are lots of observers. Pick up your brass and walk off. [/quote]
------------------------------------------------------^^

Words to live by, by a man who knows.

Use a bullet that will exit.

Last edited by ol_mike; 01/22/22.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Congrats to BHA clowns like cal dumbed buzzh for getting wolves into the world's largest elk herd in Colorado. Since wolves have been introduced into Washington elk tags and seasons have been reduced over 50 per cent. .Oregon has hjsut gone to draw only non res archery tags because of the wolves. Used to be OTC tags over 50 yers

I never understand anti hunting, pro wolf trolls like you even bother posting on here.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Sad.
Thanks for nothing rmWf!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

So what's the RMEF going to do when there are so few elk that the season is closed on them?

Same old rhetoric. MT has a 6 month season on elk and soon you will be able to kill 3. WY has a long season and you can kill multiple.

Last edited by ribka; 01/22/22.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (808outdoors, 338reddog, AB2506, 19rabbit52, 338Rules, 5spd, 12 invisible), 1,570 guests, and 1,045 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,115
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.