Print Thread
Hop To
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
45* (above) 35 MPH breeze, occasional showers for the next five days.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
BP-B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
What a mess

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Have to agree up here its going to be a skating rink on the roads .

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Had a friend drive from Fairbanks to Wasilla last night said 25 mph was way too fast. I got to go to my shop in Birchwood this morning might be fun coming off the hillside. Be careful out there.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wasyphilis & Palmersa are wet today !

Must be that pesky Chlamydia Change or Gerbil Squirmin acting up again and squirtin pus

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Snowblower (POCCPS from HD) wouldn't move that heavy wet snowing the driveway yesterday. Plan C was to wait until today and pack it with the snow machine....

Even the neighbor's good Honda blower was largely ineffective - doing as much pushing as blowing. The augers just couldn't catch that wet crap and pushed it ahead. Managed to get a minimal drive/path in from the main access road. (She isn't home)

Plan B (plow truck) came available and he was able to clear mine with some difficulty. Should make a good scatting rink now when it cools off again. I think I still have some skates, tho those dog turds might cause stumbles.

Last edited by las; 01/22/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gonna have Big Lake Rent All drop off a D4 sized Case dozer to plow my shooting range driveway and lanes, after that snow dump and this stuff It will be hard to get back in there and I got a bunch of ammo to burn

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

My own private, personal slice of shooting paradise !
200 yards straight out and everything in between to 1100 yards to the left and out to 500 yards to the right ...

Gonna set up 200 yard increments of steel all the way out when the real Spring arrives .......... in Late May early June, lmao !

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by las
Snowblower (POCCPS from HD) wouldn't move that heavy wet snowing the driveway yesterday. Plan C was to wait until today and pack it with the snow machine....

Even the neighbor's good Honda blower was largely ineffective - doing as much pushing as blowing. The augers just couldn't catch that wet crap and pushed it ahead. Managed to get a minimal drive/path in from the main access road. (She isn't home)

Plan B (plow truck) came available and he was able to clear mine with some difficulty. Should make a good scatting rink now when it cools off again. I think I still have some skates, tho those dog turds might cause stumbles.

I decided to plow yesterday , figuring it it gets really slickery, I can hit it with the ratchet rake.

Guess what?
lol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Only 20F here but hoping for a bit of thaw tomorrow to slide some snow off my boat shed.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Swamplord

200 yards straight out and everything in between to 1100 yards to the left and out to 500 yards to the right ...

Gonna set up 200 yard increments of steel all the way out when the real Spring arrives .......... in Late May early June, lmao !

That is pretty damn cool.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's fugkin awesome! Congrats!!!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
A
AGL4now Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM AKST MONDAY FOR TURNAGAIN ARM AND HIGHER ELEVATIONS... * WHAT...East winds 35 to 45 mph with gusts up to 80 mph expected. * WHERE...Anchorage Hillside and Turnagain Arm. * WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 10 AM AKST Monday.

ALASKA is a "HARD COUNTRY for OLDMEN". (But if you live it wide'ass open, balls'to the wall, the pedal floored, full throttle, it is a delightful place, to finally just sit-back and savor those memories while sipping Tequila).
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
DON'T SLAM THE DOOR! smile

The entry to the lower garage level is under this. Good thing I have an extra remote in the house that I can use to get in thru the bay doors.

I could have designed this garage better.... there are at least a half dozen things I'd do differently. frown

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Ain't big enough, of course.

Last edited by las; 01/23/22.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Now that's neat

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
DODGE!

5 seconds later

Last edited by las; 01/23/22.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Sweet!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
126 members (32_20fan, 338reddog, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,893
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.