Lost for words.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm just about 67. Starting to have more friends passing away due to age related stuff . Tough to lose a friend.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The older you get, the more your friends drop by the wayside. Sad truth. Sorry for your loss.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=. this getting old is not for puzzys !.[/quote]

That's a fact watching my parents go through everything they have was enough for me. Mom made it to 85 Dad is 90 and still doing a little better than getting by. He harvested a spike in November pretty amazing to see.

I've always been encouraged by some of the last documented words King David said to Solomon in 1 Kings 2-2 "I go the way of all the earth; be strong therefore and prove yourself a man"

You're right it's not for puzzys and I would tip one too.

Enjoy the day y'all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jar
Saturday will be the 4th old ( life long ) friend I have helped bury this week. When you start burying your life long friends it is a real eye opener and gets all kinds of memories and emotions running thru your head. this getting old is not for puzzys ! I think I"ll get out the bottle and tip one for each of them , and take a walk down memory lane.

You lost four this week - or did I misread.

My condolences but I am wondering what from ?

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jar: Sorry to hear about your losses of recent!
I abhor losing my good friends.
It is a fact of life though - YOU only live once and life is NOT infinite!
Enjoy the memories of your deceased friends - as do I.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
yea, we all have a beginning and we all have an end.. the only control we have, is what we do with the time in between those two points of our lives...

Celebrate their lives and existence and be greatful for their impacts and friendships in your life, instead of dwelling on their passing and your loss..

There is a heaven, and you will meet them there again...

if that idea is wrong... when you pass, it won't matter anyway then...

but I have a belief in God and the hereafter...

May peace be with you as you try and deal with the passing of your friends...

and condolences on your losses,....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The brutal fact of the matter is that you come into the world with everything, pursue what you mistakenly think is important your whole life, and then ultately lose everything on the way out the door. Maybe this is why some say "it's not about the destination, it's about the journey."

At least in my case - It's been one helluva ride! Wouldn't have missed any of it.
At least, so far! smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
Too sad jar. May your friends soul rest in peace.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
My condolences, jar; I'm there.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

jar Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by jar
Saturday will be the 4th old ( life long ) friend I have helped bury this week. When you start burying your life long friends it is a real eye opener and gets all kinds of memories and emotions running thru your head. this getting old is not for puzzys ! I think I"ll get out the bottle and tip one for each of them , and take a walk down memory lane.

Yes sir I have lost 4 this week. they range from ages 59 to 79 years old. 1 to covid , 1 to cancer and 1 to heart attack, and 1 to old age. we just got home from the service . my friend had a 72 chevy truck him and is 2 sons refurbished 2 years ago that he was so very proud of. today we put his casket in the back of that truck and he took his last ride in it with about 15 of us in our old chevy trucks fallowing in parade to the cemetery . I think his boys did him proud. he was truly a good man ! rip Dennis Brown.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Winter is tough on people. I can't imagine that many in such a short time frame.

I lost my 2 best friends by the time I was 25 and every living, blood relative (grandparents/parents, aunts/uncles, cousins and siblings) by the time I was 36. I tend to keep people at arms length anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jar
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by jar

Yes sir I have lost 4 this week. they range from ages 59 to 79 years old. 1 to covid , 1 to cancer and 1 to heart attack, and 1 to old age. we just got home from the service . my friend had a 72 chevy truck him and is 2 sons refurbished 2 years ago that he was so very proud of. today we put his casket in the back of that truck and he took his last ride in it with about 15 of us in our old chevy trucks fallowing in parade to the cemetery . I think his boys did him proud. he was truly a good man ! rip Dennis Brown.

Jar- hope you are feeling support from us here. So very sorry for your losses and week. That send off in the truck is pricelss. I can only hope other think of me in sucha fitting tribute.

How is your health? I hope you are taking good care.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
jar Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I am very grateful for all the good words of understanding , and kindness. it is nice to know that there is still people that can care . I personally am very fortunate to be in good health and have good wife, thoughtful kids and a healthy relationship with god to get thru these times. I have been self employed for more than 35 yrs and have a strong sence of confidence. but in these kind of times it is hard when your reminded about our mortality and just how fragile life truly is. It can get to a guy real fast. I do want to say a big thank you for all the support here on the fire. This is good place to hang and visit.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
274 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,783 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.