Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I as in the market for a blind and was about to pull the trigger on one of the ones that’s plastic on some sort and a person bolts the two halves together, or bolts several pieces together.
I had a chance to see some on display. They were $800-1000, depending on which one. They were quite flimsy and had very cheap windows and hinges. I doubt they would last very long at all. So I passed.

NRA Patron
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by jc189
I like to hunt out of a nice box blind. But I don't care for some of the cheaper plastic ones. A wood blind with a piece carpet on the deck is much more quiet. He!! for the price of a good one I could buy a real nice rifle. I just finished this one today. Already had some leftover plywood and 2x4's at the house. I needed to buy a few things. I got $167 into it. I got some Plexiglas for the windows just needs paint. I'll put it up on 6' 4x4's[Linked Image]

Looks good, I think wood is the way to go

A good thing about building one from wood is you can repair it. Mine was under a good size pine tree after a tornado this past summer and I was able to fix it back up as good as new with a few hours work. The commercial ones would not be that easy to repair, if at all.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Built my lifetime blind in 2003. Separate panels that create a 5’ x 7’ aluminum framed individual panels. The 24” door is fiberglass in an aluminum frame. The blind is currently on a 5’ platform. It will be permanently mounted to a 5’x8’ utility trailer this Spring. The aluminum framework adds infinite take off points for shelf brackets, clothing hooks, hangers, etc.. It has a solid aluminum roof.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I built the platform today. I also built the box in four sections for transporting. Its easily put together at the feeder. Oh yea, added a little something to help break up the outline of the box. All four sides look pretty much the same. [Linked Image]

Attached Images
Side.jpg (61.35 KB, 151 downloads)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Platform. [Linked Image]

Attached Images
BX.jpg (20.09 KB, 142 downloads)
IC B2

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I’ve built a couple like this that are insulated and have vented heaters. They are very nice and seem to help with sent and noise but with the cost/time associated, I will not be building anymore. I’m thinking of a 360 blind or Redneck for this year. Good luck.

Attached Images
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by ejo
I’ve built a couple like this that are insulated and have vented heaters. They are very nice and seem to help with sent and noise but with the cost/time associated, I will not be building anymore. I’m thinking of a 360 blind or Redneck for this year. Good luck.

Looks nice! We send a lot of time on deer hunting stuff. I like building blinds etc

Last edited by hanco; 01/23/22.
E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by ejo

Looks nice! We send a lot of time on deer hunting stuff. I like building blinds etc

I enjoyed building these a lot but material costs and limited time make is harder to build more. I find all my free time is in food plots and timber stand improvement. Wish I lived closer to my hunting property. The Nu Way stoves are awesome when the kids are with me.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We've got a redneck blind on our property, very well built and though out . Only down side is they ain't cheap. But the are built to last.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I made my own over 10 years ago. It measures 4ft.x 6ft. and is somewhat small for 2 people but a 6'6" person can easily stand up in it. 4x8 would have been allot better. The windows fold out and can be made to stay open. I also made some windows out of plexiglass that slide up and down and they are made so I can keep them open too and the larger frame closed. In cold weather that's how I use it. Just keeping the wind off yourself is a big help, let alone heat. I have a Buddy heater in it but rarely use it. As you can see it's mounted on a trailer and the floor is about 4 ft. off the ground. I hunt on my friend's farm and like to bring it home after the season is over so it's not in his way for haying. If I were to make another I'd make it 6ft.x8ft. and likely will as I have some grandsons taking up hunting.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Why the huge windows? I"ve never seen a blind with windows that big

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got any Amish by you ?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (444Matt, 450yukon, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 21 invisible), 2,025 guests, and 874 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.