24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Mgw619
HoT water heater

[Linked Image]

Not showing enough pipe nipple to be considered "hot". 😊

BP-B2

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,090
F
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
F
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,090
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
“Shoveling sand against an incoming tide” reminds me of being assigned to moat dredging duty by my nieces, building sandcastles on a tropical beach . Great sport, but of course futile.

Great mental image on this January evening surrounded by so much snow here in Canada’s North

My punctuation peeve = .25-‘06 or .30-‘06 ‘06 is obviously a contraction of 1906,
Also , as a corrolary, why isn’t .270 Win known as .270-‘03, and similarly .280 Rem as .28-‘03 ??

Now that's getting deep right there.


Yup, Piled Higher and Deeper. ;-)

Rem 700 KS, 6.5-280 AI w/ 2-10 x 50 FFP Illum. What could be simpler ?
Confusion comes from parsing out the Zoom range ( 2x - 10x = 5x )

Cheers

Um, no - it's -8x



No, 338rules is right. 10 divided by 2 is 5, not 8. The base magnification is 2x and the zoom factor is 5X, which takes the base magnification of 2X to the max of 10X. An 8X zoom would take a 2X to 16X.

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,608
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8,608
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Mgw619
HoT water heater

[Linked Image]

Not showing enough pipe nipple to be considered "hot". 😊

[Linked Image from memegenerator.net]

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 15,299
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 15,299
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Mgw619
HoT water heater

[Linked Image]



I have a hot water heater.
Except for when it was new, the water in it is always hot.
It just makes the, mixed with cool water, hotter.



Some of these will get me,
But then I remember,
Being far from perfect, I make mistakes also.


So you heat hot water again?



The water runs around 140F.
When you run hot water, it's replaced by cool.
But the water mixes somewhat as it runs in, so it's still warm/hot.
The element brings it up to the 140 set point.

So, yeah.
I've got "hot" water, and it makes it hotter.

We are arguing semantics, so we can split the hair however it suits
our boat floats.😉


Where we cling to our God and Guns.

Between Pittsburgh and Philthy. The Alabama part of Pa!
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 38,266
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 38,266
4.5x30 scope for sale


I think he's wanting some attention..


Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.
P


BSA
IC-A B3

Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,375
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,375
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by auk1124
I just got me one of them Vortex Dime On Back 4/12+40 scopes offa the big brown truck today. I heard the Marine Core Rangers use them on their sniper guns. I'm sure it will keep em under a dime all day long.

"If you do your part ".😄


Marine Core Rangers - several lines were just crossed. 😜

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,281
3
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
3
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,281
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
“Shoveling sand against an incoming tide” reminds me of being assigned to moat dredging duty by my nieces, building sandcastles on a tropical beach . Great sport, but of course futile.

Great mental image on this January evening surrounded by so much snow here in Canada’s North

My punctuation peeve = .25-‘06 or .30-‘06 ‘06 is obviously a contraction of 1906,
Also , as a corrolary, why isn’t .270 Win known as .270-‘03, and similarly .280 Rem as .28-‘03 ??

Now that's getting deep right there.


Yup, Piled Higher and Deeper. ;-)

Rem 700 KS, 6.5-280 AI w/ 2-10 x 50 FFP Illum. What could be simpler ?
Confusion comes from parsing out the Zoom range ( 2x - 10x = 5x )

Cheers

Um, no - it's -8x



No, 338rules is right. 10 divided by 2 is 5, not 8. The base magnification is 2x and the zoom factor is 5X, which takes the base magnification of 2X to the max of 10X. An 8X zoom would take a 2X to 16X.


Corectomundo ! Easily confused though .

The hyphen in the Zoom ratio denotes a range of magnifications :
HiX / LoX = ZoomRatio

Interestingly,

Exit pupil diameter = Objective Lens Diameter / Selected Magnification

So from our example scope 2 - 10 X 50 , the Objective lens diameter is 50 mm, And

at 2X Exit Pupil. = 50 / 2 = 25 mm. ;
at 10 X Exit Pupil = 50 / 10 = 5 mm

Clear as Mud

Last edited by 338Rules; 01/22/22. Reason: Clarity

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by 338Rules
“Shoveling sand against an incoming tide” reminds me of being assigned to moat dredging duty by my nieces, building sandcastles on a tropical beach . Great sport, but of course futile.

Great mental image on this January evening surrounded by so much snow here in Canada’s North

My punctuation peeve = .25-‘06 or .30-‘06 ‘06 is obviously a contraction of 1906,
Also , as a corrolary, why isn’t .270 Win known as .270-‘03, and similarly .280 Rem as .28-‘03 ??

Now that's getting deep right there.


Yup, Piled Higher and Deeper. ;-)

Rem 700 KS, 6.5-280 AI w/ 2-10 x 50 FFP Illum. What could be simpler ?
Confusion comes from parsing out the Zoom range ( 2x - 10x = 5x )

Cheers

Um, no - it's -8x



No, 338rules is right. 10 divided by 2 is 5, not 8. The base magnification is 2x and the zoom factor is 5X, which takes the base magnification of 2X to the max of 10X. An 8X zoom would take a 2X to 16X.

We were doing Algebra, dude. 2x minus 10x is negative 8x.
You were too busy trying to prove me wrong that you failed to see the Alebra class taking place. Pay attention! 😉

Last edited by Triggernosis; 01/22/22.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
4.5x30 scope for sale


I think he's wanting some attention..

I fixt it for him. 😄

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,141
Campfire Ranger
Offline
Campfire Ranger
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,141
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Mgw619
HoT water heater

[Linked Image]



I have a hot water heater.
Except for when it was new, the water in it is always hot.
It just makes the, mixed with cool water, hotter.



Some of these will get me,
But then I remember,
Being far from perfect, I make mistakes also.


So you heat hot water again?



The water runs around 140F.
When you run hot water, it's replaced by cool.
But the water mixes somewhat as it runs in, so it's still warm/hot.
The element brings it up to the 140 set point.

So, yeah.
I've got "hot" water, and it makes it hotter.

We are arguing semantics, so we can split the hair however it suits
our boat floats.😉


I have two teenage daughters. So our water heater doesn’t do any is that fancy mixing. It just pulls cold water into a completely empty friggin tank and heats it!


Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29
IC-B B4

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,281
3
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
3
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,281
With two teenage daughters, I’d invest in an inline on-demand heater on the warm/hot water outlet line of the hot water tank.

Run the tank a little cooler for economy, and charge the girls by the minute of hot water consumption !

Let me know how it works out, I have 2 teen boys . ;-)


History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,768
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,768
Originally Posted by Fireball2
3 to 9. 3-9. 3x9. Who cares, everyone knows what you're talking about.


This ^ Sounds like the OP is a lowlife spell Nazi crybaby.....

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 01/24/22.

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
M
New Member
Offline
New Member
M
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I can see I hit a nerve with some of y'all. The truth sometimes burns strong, doesn't it.


Here is an unfortunate truth. Those on this site that attempt to emulate the resident bag of dicks, but don’t even do a very good job of it, are sad and unfortunate people. There are far better examples in life than the ones they are following.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 19,199
V
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
V
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 19,199
triggernosis: I think the sounds of your own wheels has made you crazy!
In deference to you, or in spite of you, I will continue to express scope descriptions as I have for more than half a century now (as do most knowledgeable gun types I know) thusly = Leupold 6.5x20, 3x9, 2x7, 4x12 etc etc etc!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 17,715
R
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 17,715
I prefer to state the eye piece Diameter, the tube the low power, the number of turrets the high end the the objective.....
My favorite is a 28mm/1"2.5(2)-8X36.


TRUMP SCOTT 2024
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
triggernosis: I think the sounds of your own wheels has made you crazy!
In deference to you, or in spite of you, I will continue to express scope descriptions as I have for more than half a century now (as do most knowledgeable gun types I know) thusly = Leupold 6.5x20, 3x9, 2x7, 4x12 etc etc etc!
Sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Spite me if you wish, kind sir - but do manufacturers list their scopes as 3x9 or 2x7, etc? Nope, they don't. So you go right ahead with your spiteful ignorance. 😉

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Campfire Guide
OP Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,694
Originally Posted by ringworm
I prefer to state the eye piece Diameter, the tube the low power, the number of turrets the high end the the objective.....
My favorite is a 28mm/1"2.5(2)-8X36.

Damn - now we're moving from algebra to calculus. 😊

Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 320
P
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 320
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
....

But objecting to any of this is like shoveling sand against an incoming tide.


Oh heck yah, ....even thou u wern't from round hear I new u where a fan.....Role Tied!!!

The way I heard it was "shoveling [bleep] into the tide"

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,354
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,354
I have honestly enjoyed reading this.

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,354
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,354
Now lets get to something important....30-06 or 270?

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

Link Copied to Clipboard
CTV-TRX
Who's Online Now
604 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3-22

UDG-IP









Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2022 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.058s Queries: 15 (0.004s) Memory: 0.9566 MB (Peak: 1.1281 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2022-05-17 17:11:57 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS