Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Totally agree with the OP.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

BP-B6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WhelenAway
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I can't hunt with wood stocked and blued rifles anymore.

I have several nice ones that have been beaten to hell. Scraped on trucks, tumbled down skree fields, scraped on blinds.

Those have been relegated to the back of the safe. It's synthetics for me. They are just meat collectors after all...

If they're already beat up, why not keep after it with them?

That's my thoughts too. That and I'm not going to live forever and I don't care how nice my firearms are for whoever ends up with them

I'm not surprised to see that others besides me don't understand your reluctance to hunt your wood stocked rifles.

Originally Posted by TimberRunner
They are just meat collectors after all...

But this puzzles me even more.

I view rifles very differently than this, and I believe many others that post regularly on this forum do too.

Given your level of interest in them, I can't help but wonder why you even view and post here?

You can like and be interested in a lot of guns without really wanting to or having to own them. Or seeing your own as more than tools.

But I'm a broken man on a Halifax pier,
The last of Barrett's Privateers
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Dukester
So, why would you guys buy a Howa vs a Weatherby Vanguard? Of the few I have seen, the Vanguard seemed to be the better rifle, even though the actions are by Howa. Better fit, finish, stock, etc.

I’ve never seen any difference in the metal. The stocks aren’t my cup of tea on either one. I’d bet a nickel the newer Howa carbon fiber stocks and when they used Banser were light years ahead of anything Wby put on their Vanguards. Just what I see from my grid square.

I agree about the metal, as it's pretty much the same. I think the Hogue Howa stocks are too heavy and chunky, and the LOP is too long for my liking, especially when wearing a lot of clothes. I've put Vanguard stocks on Howa rifles, and it was at best, only a slight improvement. IMO the Alpine with the Banser stock was Howas best offering. The carbon fiber stocks should be a huge leap forward.

As far as the Mini Action goes, it needs to be offered with bottom metal and a trimmer, lighter weight stock.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
UN-Mini 22PPC AFI. Hint..............

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
holy rusty bolt face.

whats velocity with 88's/90's?

swfa 5-20 are underrated. would love a 'tweener 4-16.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
22PPC AFI Mini/Maxi Tweener. Hint.

I MUCH prefer the 2-12x Gen2 Lit Bitch to the 3-9x,as do everyone else that's seen one. Hint.

Magnificent fhuqking chambering. Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
god has spoken enough said!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
poopoo,

The only thing you Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks "shoot",are your mouths and Imaginations...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now as Krunchentickers go,I'm a 22PPC AFI Slut there too,as opposed to it's .243" bore Kissin' Cousin,if only because I've multiples of each. Hint.

Self Shuckin' 88 Smoochess,is a right proper Mind Fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Smoochies!

Valentine's is right around the corna'

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Howa has a big order from me….

I’ll pass along the goodness as soon as I get some in.

I'm in for a carbon 6arc!

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K

Howa Carbon Stalker 6.5 Grendel would nice. Wouldn't mind a sporter or heavy barrel 7.62x39 either.

NRA lifetime member
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I ended up selling my TC Encore and a 45-70 barrel for $400. I gave the gun shop an extra $64 and I bought the Ruger RAR Compact with 18" barrel . I like the TC muzzle loader and I even liked the 45-70. The light 45 -70 barrel was so light it kicked like a horse so I rarely used it, and I dont use my inlines anymore cause I would rather shoot my TC Renegades and Hawkin. I put an old 34 yr old Leopold 4x12 on it . I thin it will be good.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D

I would be interested in a mini dipped in Yote in the 6m ARC.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
poopoo,

The only thing you Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks "shoot",are your mouths and Imaginations...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now as Krunchentickers go,I'm a 22PPC AFI Slut there too,as opposed to it's .243" bore Kissin' Cousin,if only because I've multiples of each. Hint.

Self Shuckin' 88 Smoochess,is a right proper Mind Fhuqk. Hint.

Just sayin'....................

Hi Karen

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The scope market is what absolutely ticks me off. Not alot of options out there at each levell that doesn't have the gawdy open turrets and/or the calculus and geometry exam for a freaking reticle.

I like illumination, but geez, it seems like a plain plex, or circle plex get fewer and far between.

Edit to add: maybe I'm not the majority, but in southern middle tennessee, it's tough to shoot over 200 yds if your hunting, and open turrets aint made for thickets.

Last edited by Rockhound; 01/25/22.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Dude270

I'm in for a carbon 6arc!

Same here

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Big Stick, is that a Helos BTR scope you are recommending? Recoil and bump roof so far?

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Rockhound
The scope market is what absolutely ticks me off. Not alot of options out there at each levell that doesn't have the gawdy open turrets and/or the calculus and geometry exam for a freaking reticle.

I like illumination, but geez, it seems like a plain plex, or circle plex get fewer and far between.

Edit to add: maybe I'm not the majority, but in southern middle tennessee, it's tough to shoot over 200 yds if your hunting, and open turrets aint made for thickets.

I think you may find this interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu57qPO7mDg

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Looking forward to this.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Rockhound

This. Between the used options and restocking, issues with blister pack, cheaply built, ugly rifles are easy enough to overcome. Given where prices have gone lately for well-built working man's durables such as Marlin 336s, Model 70s, Ruger 77s and Rem 700s or 7600s I'd say there's alot of guys who are either not interested in, or not trusting this new trend in rifles. Unfortunately the scope situation you refer is more difficult to overcome with the used market.

Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 3,000 guests, and 1,440 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.