Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Buzz wether you agree or not if not for the B.S wolf reintroduction the herds would have no doudt still been above the 12,000 mark. Hunting had been used for 20 years trying to keep the numbers down and still thet weren't your own graphs show that.
Now introduce the wolf into the pic different story and by your analogy it was mismanagement after the wolf, mine is no B.S wolf and there would still be 12,000 + elk to support atleast a great opportunity.
Sure it was a [bleep] show, but it was no different in what I encountered hunting unit 38 with rifle for elk this year in Wyoming

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Damn the arrogance in some people, my dad when I was growing up would have lit me on fire with tha arrogance Hell even as an adult.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Your real quick to point the finger at Montana FWP when your BHA supported all the previous Democrat administration that Schweizer and Bullock put in place as Game commissioners

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Buzz used to work for the anti hunting, anti gun billionaire Ted Turner. Screwing over sportsmen is Buzz's bread and butter. He would self himself out to anyone for a dime. All of his sham studies are funded by anti hunting left wing groups. Look how many state wild life biologists now are now anti hunting. He and lil bisssh caldum are paid to come on here and other hunting sites like Rok slide and that joke of a site run by Newberg and spread pro wolf BHA propaganda and blame sportsmen for declining herds.

Everyone on here knows what a joke he is. He was just recently mocking all of the combat vets, nurses, doctors, EMT's firemen, cops who were fired for not taking the jab. You know the people that actually showed up to work every day the past 2 years. Buzzy is in a cushy state job where he can work from home and hold zoom meeting double masked eating ice cream and wearing his elevator shoes lol

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'd love to see somebody mock my ex marine nephew to his face for not taking the jab key board commando is easy and I shouldn't say ex- marine once a marine always a marine.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/20/22.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by sherm_61
Your real quick to point the finger at Montana FWP when your BHA supported all the previous Democrat administration that Schweizer and Bullock put in place as Game commissioners

I think you need to get your dates right.

Schweitzer wasn't elected until 2005, BHA wasn't even founded until 2004 and Montana didn't even have a State chapter when Schweitzer was elected. Tawney wasn't hired until 2013, the year Schweitzer left office.

Not sure where you pull your "facts" from, but I would have to guess straight from your ass....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Buzz wether you agree or not if not for the B.S wolf reintroduction the herds would have no doudt still been above the 12,000 mark. Hunting had been used for 20 years trying to keep the numbers down and still thet weren't your own graphs show that.
Now introduce the wolf into the pic different story and by your analogy it was mismanagement after the wolf, mine is no B.S wolf and there would still be 12,000 + elk to support atleast a great opportunity.
Sure it was a [bleep] show, but it was no different in what I encountered hunting unit 38 with rifle for elk this year in Wyoming

Not true...have you ever read the EMP?

Familiar with Debby Barrett's bill? You know, the one that compels, by State Statute, that elk be held at or below the population objectives defined in the EMP?

If you did, you wouldn't make such unfounded claims as the herd would have been around 12,000. For starters, go look at the data from 1960-present. That herd has fluctuated a lot over the years. It wasn't until 1975 that the Northern herd hit 12K.

Even if wolves would never have been introduced, the MTFWP would be mandated by law to hold elk at or below the objective numbers, so you're just flat wrong that 12K elk would have been available to hunters.

Finally no, it wasn't mismanagement after the wolf, it was mismanagement all during wolf reintroduction. The mismanagement continued as the elk populations were declining and they were still issuing tags like they had 19K elk. Then when Barrett (R-Dillon) passed her legislation in 2003, compelling the FWP to wage war on elk to hold them at objective numbers...it was a foregone conclusion that elk would NEVER be allowed to reach 12K again.

That's still where we're at today, and wolf or not, the LAW will not allow that many elk to ever inhabit the Northern herd again.

Get your facts straight.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Your such an arrogant fugg Buzz i hope anybody who thinks about BHA sees just who the arrogant fugg you are.
FACT FOR SURE!!!

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/21/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i live in Minnesota with wolves and bears we have way too many wolves and for 100 years here in Northern Minnesota we shot wolves ,trap wolves and poisoned wolves all year long and we could never ever get rid of this dang killers and now we have to protect wolves WTF. wolves don`t always eat what wolves kill either, wolves just like to kill animals and wish these college educated people would get this figured out. we don`t need to have many or any wolves in the wild anymore. you nature loving people in the cities get over this crap ! why in the heck does anyone want too introduce more or new wolves in there home state or anyplace else. bet not too many people have ever seen a poor cow lipping around with her calf with her back legs ripped open and bleeding caused by wolves ,so my friends have to kill the cow and bottle feed the calf. don`t tell me the rancher gets all his money back from the Federal Government either that`s B.S. too ! you want wolves put them in the cities where you live they can eat your pets , kids and street people we have no use for wolves or want wolves in the country where WE PAY THE TAXES and live !!! out west elk and deer populations go down a lot because of where wolves have been introduced and now live that`s a true fact and wolves like slow elk called beef cows too.

Last edited by pete53; 01/21/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Your such an arrogant fugg Buzz i hope anybody who thinks about BHA sees just who the arrogant fugg you are.
FACT FOR SURE!!!

You're.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Elk and deer numbers decline.

I know crazy right?

Ya so much so you can now kill more than 1 elk in MT and WY and lots of deer.

Hey dumbass just because they will sell a tag doesn't mean you can kill more than one elk.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I know crazy right?

Hmmm what happened to the 2,000.cow permits and 100 either sex permits around Gardner that used to be given out in the early to mid 90's when the elk herd was pushing 20,000

Read the regs, up to 3 elk and better that a 6 month season. They are killing elk over there right now.

I did theres 2 - 30 permits for cows Dec.11-19 and a 50 either set in the 313 Gardner unit when there used to be 2,000 cow permits and 100 either set in 313

Wrong

Make an effort to apply for an elk tag sometime retard.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I know for a fact there was 2,000 permits in the early 90's Buzzy you were probably in grade school then so how do you know. I worked and knew several people who put in for them and went, if I remember correctly they were in 3 day blocks in Jan
I've never said there hasn't been mismanagement of the elk herds Hell I've been critical of the MD for along time.

You seem to correlate the numbers of tags with the number of elk that can be taken with said tags. I hunted western Wyoming from 1989 to 2014. I saw a lot of tags sold that only had one value, the money WFG pocketed. I watched the wolf population grow and the elk population decline.

Last edited by rickt300; 01/22/22.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Let's just be honest the only reason wolves were re- introduced was to reduce hunting opportunities. We now have wolves in Oregon. I have never heard or met a single liberal spending money to go see a wolves. All these little towns in EO really depend on hunters spending money during the season. As wolves increase and game decrease so will the economy in these towns.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rickt300

I know crazy right?

Hmmm what happened to the 2,000.cow permits and 100 either sex permits around Gardner that used to be given out in the early to mid 90's when the elk herd was pushing 20,000

Read the regs, up to 3 elk and better that a 6 month season. They are killing elk over there right now.

I did theres 2 - 30 permits for cows Dec.11-19 and a 50 either set in the 313 Gardner unit when there used to be 2,000 cow permits and 100 either set in 313

Wrong

Make an effort to apply for an elk tag sometime retard.

Texan pretending to know something about elk and wolves. LOL

Stick to high fence corn fingers and hogs.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ehunter
Let's just be honest the only reason wolves were re- introduced was to reduce hunting opportunities. We now have wolves in Oregon. I have never heard or met a single liberal spending money to go see a wolves. All these little towns in EO really depend on hunters spending money during the season. As wolves increase and game decrease so will the economy in these towns.

I know for a fact there was 2,000 permits in the early 90's Buzzy you were probably in grade school then so how do you know. I worked and knew several people who put in for them and went, if I remember correctly they were in 3 day blocks in Jan
I've never said there hasn't been mismanagement of the elk herds Hell I've been critical of the MD for along time.

You seem to correlate the numbers of tags with the number of elk that can be taken with said tags. I hunted western Wyoming from 1989 to 2014. I saw a lot of tags sold that only had one value, the money WFG pocketed. I watched the wolf population grow and the elk population decline.

LOL

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I'm not sure what you mean, my point is you can definitely look at the Yellowstone elk herd numbers from mid 70's to mid 90's and they used hunting to try and ketankingep the numbers down which really wasn't working issueing 1500-2000 cow tags a year. Then start looking at the numbers drop after wolves were stuffed in the park. Not rocket science that wolves made a huge impact to the numbers.
Of course some believe hunters should have less opportunity so wolves can eat more.

Last edited by sherm_61; 01/23/22.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by BuzzH

Not true...have you ever read the EMP?

Familiar with Debby Barrett's bill? You know, the one that compels, by State Statute, that elk be held at or below the population objectives defined in the EMP?

If you did, you wouldn't make such unfounded claims as the herd would have been around 12,000. For starters, go look at the data from 1960-present. That herd has fluctuated a lot over the years. It wasn't until 1975 that the Northern herd hit 12K.

Even if wolves would never have been introduced, the MTFWP would be mandated by law to hold elk at or below the objective numbers, so you're just flat wrong that 12K elk would have been available to hunters.

Finally no, it wasn't mismanagement after the wolf, it was mismanagement all during wolf reintroduction. The mismanagement continued as the elk populations were declining and they were still issuing tags like they had 19K elk. Then when Barrett (R-Dillon) passed her legislation in 2003, compelling the FWP to wage war on elk to hold them at objective numbers...it was a foregone conclusion that elk would NEVER be allowed to reach 12K again.

That's still where we're at today, and wolf or not, the LAW will not allow that many elk to ever inhabit the Northern herd again.

Get your facts straight.

Read and understand this sherm.

Then when Barrett (R-Dillon) passed her legislation in 2003, compelling the FWP to wage war on elk to hold them at objective numbers...it was a foregone conclusion that elk would NEVER be allowed to reach 12K again

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And what does that have to do with the Elk numbers being below 10,000 by 2003 from 1995.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It’s been explained to you numerous times sherm.

No one can help you understand, that’s up to you.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

146 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,474 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.