Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Glad that your just house clearing a bit enjoy your photos and tales! Keep at it! Selling off stuff also, been tempted at some of your knives, ha been selling alot of mine! Still have a few itches to scratch yet, but don't need most of the stuff I have. Take care brother!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've always read your posts and admired the fact that you were still out there hunting and marveled at the cutlery that you have, and that you actually use it.
You have obtained many a knife, I only have one Ingram knife that I bought off of my friend EHG. EHG told me "getting your 1st Ingram knife is like your 1st piece of @$$, once you have one you will be ruined for life"....spoken like only he could tell it.

Keep the stories coming, it's a nice stroll down memory lane.

Also if you're willing to sell some of those knives in the big group that you posted, I'd be willing to purchase one or two.
In that big group in the middle row, I'd like to purchase the 4th knife from the bottom, and the one above it if possible.
Nothing like the feel of good custom knife.

Thanks GWB....

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by gonzaga

In that big group in the middle row, I'd like to purchase the 4th knife from the bottom, and the one above it if possible.
Nothing like the feel of good custom knife.

Thanks GWB....

Thank you sir for the kind sentiment and your interest in those Menefee's.

Up until recently I had let go of only a couple Menefees. Let me check my stash to make sure that both of those two are available.

I'll PM you in a bit. May be a couple hours from now.

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds good sir, no pressure on my part.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
God damn Gee Dub!! Hate to see ya sell em but they’re goin to good homes!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Got any nice boners for sale ?

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I’m really enjoying the thread, keep it going. Some beautiful knives and stories. Pm sent about a Rocky and a Menfee if you are willing to part with a few of those beauties.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I would be interested in the 3rd one up from the bottom if available. Please let me know.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Middle row. Sorry.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by brassman
Middle row. Sorry.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Is this the one?

on the left in this photo?

That would be a Menefee Three-Finger.

Ya!

GWB

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by K22

Damn GWB, I was thinking of buying one of your famous knives even though I don't need anymore, but then you had to mention the birthday thing along with the age thing as a reason for selling and I thought sob, we have the same birthday and are the same age! So now I'm thinking, do I need to start selling off stuff too?
Do I get depressed or look forward to the filthy lucre? shocked

Yowsir, could one have fun with this, and how philosophical should one get in a forum such as this.

So, a soliloquy on a Sunny Saturday morning.

AFAIK, I’m in good health, not currently financially embarrassed, kids are grown and out of the house, and have managed to stay married to the same woman for 43 years.

I was on a ride a while back, and was bunking with a guy I’d known for over 30 years. We went to church together, our kids were the same ages. I had two sons and a daughter, he had two daughters and a son. He made a statement that was more prescient than either of us knew at the time. He said, G-dub, “I used to think that when you got older, your kids got out of the house and school and on their own, and you retired, life would get easier, But it don’t.
It just gets harder and harder till it kills ya”!

If you knew you were going to die, how would you choose to spend the remainder of your days.

To put it crudely we all suffer from a sexually transmitted disease that is ultimately fatal, its called life.

Well, news flash, sooner or later I’m gonna die. I tell folks I wanna’ arrive at my coffin 30 minutes late, my parts all used up, an adult beverage in one hand, a cigar in the other, exclaiming “Woohoo, what a ride”.

I see it as a matter of perception and personal choice whether to be depressed or look forward to the vicissitudes of life.

IIRC it was John Barrymore that postulated “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams". I like to think that I still have dreams.

I started collecting firearms in the early 90’s, and knives later. I have had a ball acquiring them, enjoying their use, (a big part of which is the photography aspect) making memories and entertainment while posting pictures of them along with stories on forums such as this.

I find that as I age, my circle of personal acquaintances gets smaller and smaller with the passage of time. However, via forums such as 24hour, these items have, and will continue to allow me to make friends and meet folk from many walks of life that I would never have had the opportunity on any other basis. I like that.

In the last two days I’ve had several individuals who have seen that I’m selling numerous Items from my collection contact me either by voice, text or PM’s to inquire “what condition my condition is in. I am humbled, and grateful by and for that.

In addition, thanks to the good folk here, I’ve sold enough “stuff” to pay for an upcoming quail hunt in Alabama (where I will get to play with guns and knives, and cameras) with one of my siblings and a life-long friend, and for the upcoming 24hr Campfire Hog Hunt in March.

As a serendipity, I did not endure one minute of the boob tube nor talk radio, while doing so.

In closing,

A wise man once said……
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace….Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
For me these knives have served their purpose. I had the thrill of acquisition, use, and the entertainment derived from that use.

Now it is time to enjoy letting them follow others to different destinations.

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

I am not often at a loss for words but your thoughts through reflection and reference to a wise man was quite possibly the most outstanding post I've read here on the fire since joining. Thank you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nice collection!! How’s about the sixth one down in the left hand lane, the stag handled one?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nice work GWB!

Turned 70 today myself. Anything I should watch out for? 😜

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by K22

Damn GWB, I was thinking of buying one of your famous knives even though I don't need anymore, but then you had to mention the birthday thing along with the age thing as a reason for selling and I thought sob, we have the same birthday and are the same age! So now I'm thinking, do I need to start selling off stuff too?

Yowsir, could one have fun with this, and how philosophical should one get in a forum such as this.

AFAIK, I’m in good health, not currently financially embarrassed, kids are grown and out of the house, and have managed to stay married to the same woman for 43 years.

I was on a ride a while back, and was bunking with a guy I’d known for over 30 years. We went to church together, our kids were the same ages. I had two sons and a daughter, he had two daughters and a son. He made a statement that was more prescient than either of us knew at the time. He said, G-dub, “I used to think that when you got older, your kids got out of the house and school and on their own, and you retired, life would get easier, But it don’t.

If you knew you were going to die, how would you choose to spend the remainder of your days.

To put it crudely we all suffer from a sexually transmitted disease that is ultimately fatal, its called life.

Well, news flash, sooner or later I’m gonna die. I tell folks I wanna’ arrive at my coffin 30 minutes late, my parts all used up, an adult beverage in one hand, a cigar in the other, exclaiming “Woohoo, what a ride”.

I see it as a matter of perception and personal choice whether to be depressed or look forward to the vicissitudes of life.

IIRC it was John Barrymore that postulated “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams". I like to think that I still have dreams.

I started collecting firearms in the early 90’s, and knives later. I have had a ball acquiring them, enjoying their use, (a big part of which is the photography aspect) making memories and entertainment while posting pictures of them along with stories on forums such as this.

I find that as I age, my circle of personal acquaintances gets smaller and smaller with the passage of time. However, via forums such as 24hour, these items have, and will continue to allow me to make friends and meet folk from many walks of life that I would never have had the opportunity on any other basis. I like that.

In the last two days I’ve had several individuals who have seen that I’m selling numerous Items from my collection contact me either by voice, text or PM’s to inquire “what condition my condition is in. I am humbled, and grateful by and for that.

In addition, thanks to the good folk here, I’ve sold enough “stuff” to pay for an upcoming quail hunt in Alabama (where I will get to play with guns and knives, and cameras) with one of my siblings and a life-long friend, and for the upcoming 24hr Campfire Hog Hunt in March.

As a serendipity, I did not endure one minute of the boob tube nor talk radio, while doing so.

In closing,

A wise man once said……
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace….Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
For me these knives have served their purpose. I had the thrill of acquisition, use, and the entertainment derived from that use.

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

I am not often at a loss for words but your thoughts through reflection and reference to a wise man was quite possibly the most outstanding post I've read here on the fire since joining. Thank you.

Yep words of wisdom from a damn fine man, Gee Dub is a dandy, that’s for sure. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
One of the good guys for sure.

Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by K22

In closing,

A wise man once said……

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

Yep words of wisdom from a damn fine man, Gee Dub is a dandy, that’s for sure. 👍

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22

In closing,

A wise man once said……

The photos I’ll keep.

Best,

GWB

Well said GWB. You have a great way with words.
I do hope you understood that I wrote that with tongue in cheek as they say. Sarcastic humor is what I would call it.
I cannot think of a time in my entire life where I could honestly say I was depressed. As for slowing down, a little I suppose, but recently started rebarreling a 223 to 204 for Coyote hunting,(even though I have a 204 already), then I bought a stock that needs finished out which I will do and install it on another rifle. And the list goes on and on.
Just today I drove up into the mountains, walked back a trail about 2 miles, most of which was uphill, and set up to call some Coyotes. This was by myself as I usually prefer, and never gave it a thought of what if........ Lot of snow and ice up there, but I drove the 2 wheel drive this time anyway.
I will admit to recently thinking I should maybe start selling some of the rifles I don't use, but then again..............

Like you, my circle of friends is getting smaller as they pass on, but I have new ones I've met on here that fill those gaps.
As others have said, I love reading your stories and always look forward to your posts.

And since we were born on the same day and the same year, I will end with a favorite Ecclesiastes of mine........Ecclesiastes 1:9-10
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

K22

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thanks all.

I owe several folks PM's but will get that done tomorrow.

I'm tuckered and gonna call it a night!

ya!

GWB

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Yes sir, that’s the one!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am interested in this Menefee set or if you have other 16 bore or nessmuk blades that you are going to let go…

Semper Fi

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GW,

This is an awesome thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories.

I have had the absolute pleasure of you owning a couple of my knives. It makes me very proud that you came back after the first and I appreciate you more than I can ever express. If you decide to sell your TCK's, please let me know as I'll find a way to purchase them back.

Todd

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

439 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.