Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.12news.com/article/news.../75-f0733b2d-7b53-4aef-b8f7-4b4479b6f5a0

PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. — A murder mystery is unfolding five years after an Arizona woman ended up dead on a hunting trip with her husband. He told authorities she accidentally shot herself. Now, he's been arrested and charged, accused of murder.

According to a federal indictment, Larry Rudolph and his wife, Bianca, lived in Pennsylvania. He was a dentist and the two were avid hunters.

In 2012, the couple moved to Arizona. Records show he would travel back and forth from Arizona to Pennsylvania to run his practice.

In 2016, Larry and Bianca embarked on a hunting trip to Africa, a place they had visited several times. On this trip, they went to Zambia with the goal of killing a leopard. They brought two guns with them - a Remington .375 Rifle and a Browning 12-gauge shotgun.

At the end of their trip, tragedy struck. Bianca was shot in the chest and died.

Larry told African officials she had accidentally shot herself while trying to pack the shotgun into its case.

Her death was ruled an accident by African officials. But red flags were raised by some right away.

According to federal records, the consular chief who interacted with Larry following Bianca's death said Larry was "livid" they had taken photographs of Bianca's body.

Larry insisted on cremating her in Africa before returning home and paid cash to rush the process.

A friend of Bianca's notified the FBI that Larry had been having an affair at the time of her death.

Once Larry returned home, he immediately began claiming her life insurance policy and cashed out close to $5 million.

Since then, county property records show Larry Rudolph has been living in a multi-million dollar mansion in Paradise Valley.

But in December, five years after Bianca's death, authorities arrested him and charged him with murder and mail fraud.

Records show a former employee of Rudolph's dental practice told federal investigators she knew Rudolph's girlfriend who claimed to have dated him for 15-20 years while he was married to Bianca. She alleges the girlfriend stated she gave Rudolph an ultimatum of one year to sell his dental office and leave Bianca.

The federal case is being handled in Colorado where Bianca's insurance company is based. A medical examiner there used photographs taken of Bianca's body and reports filed in Africa to determine the cause and manner of her death.

He concluded it would have been nearly impossible for her to have reached the trigger of the shotgun herself. It was noted that the shot came from at least 2-3.5 feet away.

In a statement to the New York Times, Rudolph's attorney denied all allegations saying, “Now, more than five years later, the government is seeking to manufacture a case against this well-respected and law-abiding dentist. Dr. Rudolph looks forward to his trial where he will demonstrate his innocence.”

Rudolph is being detained in Colorado but his attorneys have filed a motion to get him moved to Arizona closer to his home.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
BP-B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I don't know if Larry Rudolph is guilty of killing his wife or not. I do know that he's a major shady bullshitting fugger.

I was on a phone call with him when he wanted me to measure some antlers that a local taxidermist had for sale. The local taxidermist knew he had some trophy antlers to sell, but Larry wanted the largest scoring ones. The taxidermist had me come over and got me on the phone with Larry. After a few questions, it became apparent to me that Larry was a fugger and it became apparent to Larry that I would be a liability for him. In short, I refrained from measuring for him and he supplied me with an email address that he never responded to.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Francis MaComber gets his revenge.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Most dangerous game.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah, pretty hard to shoot yourself with a shotgun from 2.5 - 3 feet away.

Should be one 3/4 inch hole and some burns.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm confused about the law. If you murder someone in Zambia, why aren't you extradited to Zambia for trial instead of being tried in the USA?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Larry 'may' be a murderer, and he 'may' have murdered his wife, IDK!

He 'may' be guilty of mail and insurance fraud! And maybe Conspiracy to commit murder.

If the death has been ruled an accident by the local African officials where the alleged crime was committed, do the FEDs really have authority for an indictment!?

Just curious. I wasn't aware that if I committed a crime in a foreign country it was also a crime here!

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
He took her far away from home, so he can execute his plan. He is just an [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
He’s probably guilty as sin but this seems like another example of US prosecutors making their own rules. It seems like the homicide should fall under the African countries jurisdiction and that if the pictures were as cut and dried as they claim it wouldn’t have taken five years.

It used to be that some guilty occasionally got away rather than unjustly convicting the innocent or applying rogue tactics. Today if they want you convicted they’ll convict you one way or another.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People who wrote the laws saw this one coming long ago, they must have been married as well. It's specifically against the law to murder an American in America or somewhere else.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Seems as though the insurance company is instigating the actions, "The federal case is being handled in Colorado where Bianca's insurance company is based". Appears the insurance company wants the money back.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
From the article all they have are photographs from Africa. That other stuff is hearsay. Even the Africa stuff is hearsay unless they are going to bring the people from Africa who took the pictures to testify in court.

He may have cremated the body over there because he killed her, but then again it is a major pain in the ass to ship a body across international borders and very expensive.

Last edited by JoeBob; 01/23/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The fraud case probably has more of a chance...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by org_Rogue_Hunter
Seems as though the insurance company is instigating the actions, "The federal case is being handled in Colorado where Bianca's insurance company is based". Appears the insurance company wants the money back.

From the tiny little bit of information posted it seems more like a disgruntled former employee is the instigator.

If the former employee knew this personal information why did she wait five years to come forward with it?

Could be a completely fabricated tale.

The Doctor is probably better financially situated to defend himself than the prosecution is to prosecute.

Seems weak to me, a belated story and a few photos to run with.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What’s up with them dentists? Wasn’t that a dentist that went to Africa a few years ago and got in trouble for shooting some lion named Cecil if recall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
From the article all they have are photographs from Africa. That other stuff is hearsay. Even the Africa stuff is hearsay unless they are going to bring the people from Africa who took the pictures to testify in court.

He may have cremated the body over there because he killed her, but then again it is a major pain in the ass to ship a body across international borders and very expensive.

I'll take you for my jury, It's nice to know that someone believes in "innocent UNTIL proven guilty".

These guys here are brutal, one little news blip and they are ready to string ya up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What's going to convict him is his girlfriend admitting to the ultimatum.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Now he gets to own Her insurance company and she can't compete with him for trophies. Seems pretty democrat to me. People have been murdered for a lot less.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Francis MaComber gets his revenge.

LOL exactly my thoughts! Dudes been reading too much Papa!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Gotta love the Gestapo…I mean FBI. I read the probable cause affidavit and they throw in there that since he regularly sent back trophies from Africa and dealt with all that paperwork, expense, and difficulty with those mounts, that his excuse of not wanting to purchase purchase a lead lined coffin and go through all the other rigamarole is bunk.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
716 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 89 invisible), 2,692 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.