Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 66 of 66 1 2 64 65 66
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We are still protesting, no mandates have been lifted here in bc.
Country wide cross border mandate for truckers still on, and there is a truckers strike that the MSM is pretending not to notice.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dwayne, and my other friends from the north,
I love your manners and respect. How you are so
polite to those who don't deserve it.

I'm a rude American sometimes, but since this thread is yours,
we will compromise.

Jim!
GFY!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks ElkSlayer, I’ve been doing everything from my phone as I never imagined I would be doing anything like this and so never thought to prepare.

Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Fixing Nashville’s reply to 1OntarioJim, so people can see exactly what Nashville’s replies were. It didn’t come out correctly with his original reply above.

Originally Posted by Nashville
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
The comments by Nashville seem very biased to me.

Hard not to be when I lived in the middle of this for a month and saw most of it first hand. Hard to watch CBC/Global/CBC mainly only come out on monday or tuesday morning every week, point their cameras down an empty street and then report that “supporters are losing interest and leaving”. Why don’t they show up on the weekends and actually report unbiasedly?

Being retired I was able to watch hours of the activity in Ottawa over several days, as did members of my family.

I watched and listened to it 24/7.

As an example he says he spoke to people who are thinking of returning to their home countries due to what they saw. He then blames this on the government and the police. He fails to acknowledge that had the protestors not been there none of the conflicts would have occurred.

We very well could have all gone home and in doing so all of the corruption that is occurring nation wide would have been left covered up and no one would be the wiser. It is the corruption of the country coming to light that has made these immigrant friends want to leave, police breaking up a lawful (see judges remarks from both injunctions), peaceful protest is just an example. Maybe you’re right though, perhaps we should have left the country to believing that everything is going great here in Canada!

In my opinion if the protestors had spent two or three days and then left their message would have been heard and police activity would have been unnecessary.

The protestors stayed as clearly, the message was not heard.

No acknowledgment is made of the grief created for the residents living in the downtown area whose sleep was disturbed for weeks. Also the loss of business created by the truckers presence.

Their sleep was not disturbed for weeks, honking from protestors was normally finished by 11pm every night with the exception of friday and saturday nights. The noise injunction was put in place 10 days in to the protest and remained throughout. Many horns heard past midnight were counter protestors honking as they drove by and gave everyone the finger. There is an affidavit with 120+ signatures of residents in the directly (very small portion of the city) affected area that have said the noise was not bad and that they supported the protest. Every day I had locals coming to the trailer to thank us and beg us not to leave, many were government workers that would lose their jobs had they been caught there. As far as businesses being affected, only the ones that listened to city officials and closed up shop lost out on business. The protestors asked all businesses to open and those that did have had the best sales by far in over two years. One of those businesses has offered me free food for life because of their profits (over 100% profit over regular winter months) and to thank me for coming out from AB to help fight for all Canadians rights of choice.

Another interesting fact is the majorly reduced crime rates during the protest. Those stats are published for you to look up.

I won't try to use any other examples since this crowd will try to disavow my comments any way. You would not admit to the number of people out there who do not support what the protestors were doing and felt the local police chief was, at least, partly to blame for being so slow to take action to bring things under control.

There are many that don’t support, though I would also argue that many don’t understand as they have only listened to MSM reports on the matter. We have an ongoing problem in Canada that our majority is usually silent as opposed to a very loud minority.

There, now every one is free to continue with their distortions. Jim

There is a lot more coverage by those that actually participated on the hill than those that falsely reported on it.

There are many MPs and Senators that have reported on their experiences walking through and observing the protest. The only ones that kick and scream are those that never went down to look for themselves to make an informed opinion. Do remember that every person that worked in parliament over the past month had to pass through the protest every day to get to work. Clearly there was no threat to anyone as they were allowed to continue working in the building.

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Good evening to you my friend, good to hear from you once more.

You handled yourself well and articulated your position in a coherent and convincing manner. So says me anyways sir.

I'm still praying for you until you hit home turf again.

Then we'll see about a coffee together sometime after that.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The lying scum media is doing its best to ignore protests around the Country regarding mandates, focusing on Ukraine.
Truth is, we have more than one problem.

We need another round of debates in the house of commons regarding these mandates, to see what the rats are hiding now, and expose more of the agenda of those behind the mandates.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Interesting opinion piece on problems in the Ottawa Police --- personally I think with the new chief, on the way he came across on going after people for months the problems have gotten worse.

https://westernstandardonline.com/2022/02/criminologist-says-convoy-cleaned-up-ottawa-police/

Criminologist says convoy cleaned up Ottawa police

Saskatchewan-born Carleton criminology professor Darryl Davies says his decade of complaints fell on deaf ears until the trucker convoy revealed Ottawa police dysfunction.

mmPublished 19 hours ago on February 27, 2022By Lee Harding

Carleton University Criminology Professor Darryl Davies says that he has spent ten years trying to expose corruption at the Ottawa police but only since the trucker convoy has anything changed.

In an interview with Western Standard, Davies described a dysfunctional police force that numbers 1,500 officers.

“We’ve had so many officers facing charges under the Police Services Act of Ontario, for everything from rape to excessive use of force to fraud,” said Davies.

“We have 20 police officers right now in Ottawa that are at home watching Netflix courtesy of the taxpayers because they get paid while they’re suspended and they’re facing criminal charges.”

Until recently, Deputy Police Chief Uday Jaswal was among those on paid leave, suspended in March 2020 after allegations of sexually harassing three employees. After 23 years on the force, he resigned February 24, days before the Ontario Civilian Police Commission (OCPC) was to hear evidence and testimony from his accusers.

“The last six years we’ve had over 60 Ottawa police officers charged. We’ve had morale issues. We’ve had horrific examples of bad decision-making towards women who have come forward with allegations of sexual assault. It was so bad the Fifth Estate actually did a program on it, and (former chief Peter) Sloly wouldn’t be interviewed for that,” said Davies.

Sloly himself had a disciplinary hearing against him while still with the Toronto Metropolitan Police. Davies wonders why Sloly was hired, given his controversial reputation and the fact the hearing was leaked and posted to YouTube. He was not a good choice to clean up the force, according to Davies.

“At one point, there were 14 women who indicated that they had been sexually harassed or whatever at work. And instead of having an outside police agency come in and investigate, he said he was going to deal with it as an internal matter,” Davies said of Sloly.

“There was chaos at the Ottawa police service. We’ve learned that when Sloly was calling for resources from the federal and provincial governments that he needed assistance, the reality is that many of the officers were calling in sick because they wouldn’t work for him.”

Sloly resigned during the weeks of the trucker convoy, and Ottawa police services board chief Diane Deans hired an interim chief without a competition. She was removed by the mayor from the board and three other members of the board also resigned.

“The only good thing that’s come out of the truckers protest is in a week, we got rid of the chief and four members of the Ottawa Police Services Board. But isn’t it sad that it took this kind of event to precipitate that,” Davies said.

The 74-year-old professor, who received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Saskatchewan, said he and the editor of Ottawa Life magazine have tried to bring attention to police problems for ears. He says their complaint to the OCPC two years ago was not dealt with. In 2020, Ontario Attorney General Doug Downey replied to a letter from Davies to say he would pass it on to the Solicitor General of Ontario, Sylvia Jones. Jones directed Davies to the OCPC, whom he had already complained to.

“I’ve been here for many years. And for the last 12, have been writing about policing issues in this city. And we’ve had major problems with policing in Ottawa. And I’m not the only one to say that,” said Davies.

“The mainstream media have presented a rosy picture of the Ottawa police and even its chief, and no one has gone behind the scenes and asked the tough questions. And I think that’s why the public probably in Ottawa, are really shocked by what they’re hearing.”

Davies says a public inquiry on the police response to the convoy is likely and also necessary. He believes most of the charges protesters received in Ottawa won’t stick.

“This is not a good time for Canada. And I also predict that if you do a follow-up of the people that are charged that 85% of charges will be dismissed in court because they will be a violation of the individual’s charter rights and freedoms. The cops can go and do whatever they want. At the end of the day the courts will decide, not the police, and thank God, not the politicians.”

Lee Harding is a Western Standard contributor living in Saskatchewan.

Hugh
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just received notice that the Canadian government has been attempting to seize the givesendgo funds, similar to the gofundme injustice.
They will be refunding the money automatically, no action needed by freedom lovers.
The cash we donated found its mark, which is one of the reasons for Trudeau and the other globalists to go with a digital currency.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I’ve given an update. I’m finally home again and yesterday was my first day to just do nothing by myself.

After leaving Ottawa I went and met back up with a few friends along the way that I had made during the protests. A few were feeling lost and uneasy after returning home and trying to figure out how to go back to a normal life again. I wanted to hopefully give them a little encouragement before returning home myself as the list of things I needed to do was piling up. I pushed home fairly quick though I ended up stuck in Winnipeg for an evening due to a blizzard that shut down the highways. I spent a couple hours stuck in the middle of a road at one point as it was a complete whiteout.

Once the highways were open I drove the rest of the way home. Just before hitting the AB border I got a call from my grandfather letting me know he sold his home and needed help moving. I arrived home, unpacked the car, did a load of laundry and went to bed. After waking up in the morning I loaded up another duffle bag and hit the road again to go help my grandfather. We spent a few days together cleaning out his shop and loading all his tooling into a couple trailers. Once we were finished I hit the road again. My other grandfather had passed while I was in Ottawa and now his house would have to be cleaned out as well. I spent the past week or more at his place cleaning out the house.

I’m happy to be home though there is a lot to get caught up on again in my own life. As far as protests go, I haven’t kept up much with what’s happening across the country. I talked with a couple of guys about a week ago that had stayed in Ottawa to continue organizing. They were still going but things were pretty slow. I’m not sure how involved I can be right now until I get my own life back on track a bit.

Thank you to all those that supported us through our journey in Ottawa. I really can’t say enough to show my gratitude towards you guys. Take care.

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Morning sir, thanks for the update!

I was thinking about/praying for you the other day and hoped you'd drop by with an update.

The offer to drop in here if you're ever out this way is open as long as I've not shuffled off this mortal coil.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Thanks for the update. Amazing Trudeau is still enforcing mandates when he doesn't even follow his basic protocols.

Hey guys!

It’s been a while since I’ve given an update. I’m finally home again and yesterday was my first day to just do nothing by myself.

After leaving Ottawa I went and met back up with a few friends along the way that I had made during the protests. A few were feeling lost and uneasy after returning home and trying to figure out how to go back to a normal life again. I wanted to hopefully give them a little encouragement before returning home myself as the list of things I needed to do was piling up. I pushed home fairly quick though I ended up stuck in Winnipeg for an evening due to a blizzard that shut down the highways. I spent a couple hours stuck in the middle of a road at one point as it was a complete whiteout.

Once the highways were open I drove the rest of the way home. Just before hitting the AB border I got a call from my grandfather letting me know he sold his home and needed help moving. I arrived home, unpacked the car, did a load of laundry and went to bed. After waking up in the morning I loaded up another duffle bag and hit the road again to go help my grandfather. We spent a few days together cleaning out his shop and loading all his tooling into a couple trailers. Once we were finished I hit the road again. My other grandfather had passed while I was in Ottawa and now his house would have to be cleaned out as well. I spent the past week or more at his place cleaning out the house.

I’m happy to be home though there is a lot to get caught up on again in my own life. As far as protests go, I haven’t kept up much with what’s happening across the country. I talked with a couple of guys about a week ago that had stayed in Ottawa to continue organizing. They were still going but things were pretty slow. I’m not sure how involved I can be right now until I get my own life back on track a bit.

Thank you to all those that supported us through our journey in Ottawa. I really can’t say enough to show my gratitude towards you guys. Take care.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 66 of 66 1 2 64 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
360 members (280shooter, 204guy, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 45 invisible), 2,259 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,724
Posts18,400,599
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.