Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Quick shout out to Spikes for some pretty great service.

I have a couple of Spikes AR pistols - a 9MM and a 300BO. Both have been reliable and accurate since day 1.

The 300 has 3-400 rounds thought it and started failing to cycle 100%. I gave it a pretty thorough cleaning and lube - no change. Gas rings looked good, key screws solid and staked, gas system clean - all checked ok but finally failed to cycle at all.

Scratching my head I grabbed another Spikes BCG I was planning to use in another build and the 300 was running fine all over again. Tried the non-functioning BCG in a Wilson and Aero upper just for fun and no cycle again. Hmmm.

Reached out to Spikes asking if I could send them the non-running BCG so they could take a look at it.

Pretty happy that about an hour later they sent me a free advance replacement BCG (arrived last night) and a return label for the old one without a single question.

Sure appreciated the great response.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have had good experience with them as well

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd be happy with that response, too.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Sounds like they went above and beyond. That is great. I don't have or use any Spikes BCG's, but I do use their uppers and lowers. Never any problems with those.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I bought a Spikes complete lower at a gun show some years back and wanted a matching Spikes upper so I called Spikes and ordered one, about 2 months later I get a call that it's ready to be shipped and I asked if I could drive up and pick it up and they said yes ( I live about 60 miles from them) I got there and they asked if I had my lower with me and I said yes and the guy that I was talking to told me to bring it in and he gave it to one of the guys working and then asked if I would like to see their factory and gave me a tour When we finished he gave me my complete gun back and a bunch of decals, a hat and 2 -20mags for free and thanked me for buying Spikes......the gun has been fantastic so far

Last edited by 257 roberts; 01/23/22.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love their lowers.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 257 roberts
I bought a Spikes complete lower at a gun show some years back and wanted a matching Spikes upper so I called Spikes and ordered one, about 2 months later I get a call that it's ready to be shipped and I asked if I could drive up and pick it up and they said yes ( I live about 60 miles from them) I got there and they asked if I had my lower with me and I said yes and the guy that I was talking to told me to bring it in and he gave it to one of the guys working and then asked if I would like to see their factory and gave me a tour When we finished he gave me my complete gun back and a bunch of decals, a hat and 2 -20mags for free and thanked me for buying Spikes......the gun has been fantastic so far

Now, that is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 257 roberts

sounds much like my experience with Spikes. I bought an lower, and then later, an upper. Picked it up from their place in Apopka. They fitted them together for me, and even provided lunch.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a couple of Spikes uppers. One is a.22, one of the earliest rimfire uppers. The other is a 9mm, and I've put many thousands of rounds through it with no issues.

A
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Well, interesting follow up.

Thought I'd checked it well but it was the front carrier key screw broken.

Spikes sent me a note to explain - also that the BCG they had sent me was phosphate and my old one was nickel boron.

Even though I said we were square and I was up and running (and I should have found the screw issue) John sent me a nickel boron BGC and a return label for the replacement unit.

Dang fine customer service all around there men.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good service for sure!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I'm glad Spikes treats their customers well. I have a few and love them. Seems I like buying Spikes products like their buffers too. Most of my rifles use their ST-T2 buffers. They work perfectly in most of my set-ups. I also have matching spikes receivers and the fit is very good. My favorite rifle uses a Spikes lower..

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

453 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 55 invisible), 2,894 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,558
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.