4 Super Bowls
13 total Championships
Only true 3-peat (twice)
Packers Seasons Tickets sold out since 1960

GB2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Packer fan here since the 1960's. Though I pretty much boycott professional sports these days, I do admit to sneaking a look at Rodgers and the Pack every now and then.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Jamesjr I boycotted the nfl for as long as I could. I cannot resist watching the Pack

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Back before interest in the NFL was banned by those who set the 'fire's standards, this point was belabored quite adequately.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was a Pack fan going back to '65. In '97 I was gifted a share of stock; had it framed and prominently displayed. Last year after the club president and head coach came out in support of BLM and the rioters in Kenosha, I sent my share of stock back to them with "Null and Void" written across it. In relinquishing my share I could have been compensated .5 cent (which is all it's really worth) but they never sent the check for me to frame. I didn't watch any games last year. This year I have watched parts of a few games but I no longer wear or buy any more of their merch and I'm only marginally interested as to whether they win or lose. I will admit that they were a great franchise but Lambeau, Lombardi, Starr, Nitschke, are all dead and gone and their likes never to be seen again.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Packer fan here , my main reason is Packers are owned by the public not some rich owners ,i even have a couple of Green Bay Packer stocks and i live in Minnesota . its GO PACK GO TIME !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Packers are a corporation, one where their stockholders own nothing of value. It's just a way for them to get money from the fans. I used to tell people that having a share of stock allowed me to use the word "we" when talking about the Pack. Since I no longer talk about them, that stock was more than worthless to me. It pained me to look at it. A couple times I sent in the suggestion that they should randomly select stockholders to sit in the owners' box during games along with the club president. I got no reply. Why won't they do that? Because you really aren't an owner, just another revenue source. You give them several hundred $ and they give you a literally worthless piece of paper. Congrats!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You know folks, life is short, and when you reach my age, 71, you begin to see it a lot differently than you once did. I have become to despise many things that I either once liked, or didn't care about one way or another to begin with, because of the way everything has become so political. I'm of the opinion that BLM and it's supporters need to be rounded up and shot, and that doing so would go a long way to getting the country back on track. They're not the least bit interested in racial harmony, instead they're interested in bringing about racial discord because that gives them credibility in their mind. The NFL was quick to jump on the BLM bandwagon, partly because of all the Blacks playing in the league, but also because of political correctness.

With that being said, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to let the NFL, BLM, the Democrats, the Colin Kaeperniks, and the rest of the rotten azzed bunch ruin life for me. While I haven't set and watched a complete Packer game in a number of years now, I am beginning to catch pieces of games that I want to keep up with, purely for entertainment purposes only. I do not buy, and have never bought anything whatsoever with a professional sports logo on it, and never will. I have grandkids that play high school sports, and I will wear caps and teeshirts with their logo, and that's all. I figure that life's too short to worry about a lot of crap that I can't control anyhow.

Last edited by JamesJr; 12/28/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
You know folks, life is short, and when you reach my age, 71, you begin to see it a lot differently than you once did. I have become to despise many things that I either once liked, or didn't care about one way or another to begin with, because of the way everything has become so political. I'm of the opinion that BLM and it's supporters need to be rounded up and shot, and that doing so would go a long way to getting the country back on track. They're not the least bit interested in racial harmony, instead they're interested in bringing about racial discord because that gives them credibility in their mind. The NFL was quick to jump on the BLM bandwagon, partly because of all the Backs playing in the league, but also because of political correctness.

With that being said, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not going to let the NFL, BLM, the Democrats, the Colin Kaeperniks, and the rest of the rotten azzed bunch ruin life for me. While I haven't set and watched a complete Packer game in a number of years now, I am beginning to catch pieces of games that I want to keep up with, purely for entertainment purposes only. I do not buy, and have never bought anything whatsoever with a professional sports logo on it, and never will. I have grandkids that play high school sports, and I will wear caps and teeshirts with their logo, and that's all. I figure that life's too short to worry about a lot of crap that I can't control anyhow.

Very well said!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Axelrod59
Go pack Go
4 Super Bowls
13 total Championships
Only true 3-peat (twice)
Packers Seasons Tickets sold out since 1960

OKOK moved to Wisconsin and became a Packers Fan 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That’s about time! Now for get the Cowpies!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whelenman
That’s about time! Now for get the Cowpies!

LOL. Haven’t pulled for the Cowgirls since the dumbass JJones fired Jimmy Johnson.

Was a KC Fan until all the BLM and Woke Niqqer & Gay Bullschitt ruined the NFL for me for good.

And I liked the Pack back when Brett Favre was QB 1

Sharon Rogers is a whiny little bitch just like Tom Brady.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Rodgers can sure as heck sling that football though................just like Brady..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Rodgers can sure as heck sling that football though................just like Brady..

Not denying that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I been a Packers fan since 1962!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I starting following them a couple of years before the first Super Bowl. In those years, I was a Packer fan first, then a Raiders fan because of George Blanda. The George Blanda story is one of footballs best.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

The Lions beating them on Thanksgiving Day. Roger Brown destroying the GB offense.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That’s probably the only victory the Lions have had since!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 12/28/21.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That’s probably the only victory the Lions have had since!!!

Ha lol no kidding

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
..."Change my mind" Forty-niners 4, Packers 0

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
812 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 12308300, 80 invisible), 3,203 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,714
Posts18,400,344
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.