Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Sell the ammo here. You will make more than replacement fee.

depends on how bad he needs stuff when he gets to Idaho. Might get more money but if you can't buy what you need then its moot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Pick up the ferry in Haines you will never touch Canada. I did the same move after selling my guiding Business. Idaho is a great state.
Littlejohn PM me if you have questions

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
It’s been 9 months and the OP is posting like he’s still in ER. I wonder if he’s still moving?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
aaron10 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
No we are still here we decided to stay one more year hope to get out by the end of summer. Still alot of work to do on house, kids wanted one more year with their friends. Have figured out how to get everything down using ferry out of whittier. They said everything but blackpowder which I sold is allowed to be in vehicles and trailer. Other vehicles will go down with tote and driven over to boise from seattle .After just getting my prop tax card I`m realizing the politicians here are out to screw everyone as it jumped 18,300 this year are they [bleep] nuts all I did was lay a new driveway last fall. And really sell my ammo I can replace it!!!! I don`t think not for the prices I paid for all this stuff since 1978 . Aaron

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just sell and move down to Kenai or just a tad North to the valley.. where abouts in Idaho?

Last edited by 79S; 01/23/22.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I didn't read the whole thing, did anyone mention Lynden Transport yet?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by aaron10
No we are still here we decided to stay one more year hope to get out by the end of summer. Still alot of work to do on house, kids wanted one more year with their friends. Have figured out how to get everything down using ferry out of whittier. They said everything but blackpowder which I sold is allowed to be in vehicles and trailer. Other vehicles will go down with tote and driven over to boise from seattle .After just getting my prop tax card I`m realizing the politicians here are out to screw everyone as it jumped 18,300 this year are they [bleep] nuts all I did was lay a new driveway last fall. And really sell my ammo I can replace it!!!! I don`t think not for the prices I paid for all this stuff since 1978 . Aaron

Ok,,,,, if you've still got some ammo left, let me what it is, and your asking price, and we can go from there.... Lj cool

-[USMC 1st Mar/Div 7th Engineers, VietNam 69-71, Semper-Fi]-
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by saskfox
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
The reason all compass point north is because Alaska sucks.

Apparently you haven't been there.

We have property in SE so I guess Alaska sucks hard enough to be sucking me up there….I wish it would suck even harder so I could get the hell out of this once beautiful state turned liberal chithole. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heavybullets
Pick up the ferry in Haines you will never touch Canada. I did the same move after selling my guiding Business. Idaho is a great state.

How exactly do you get to Haines without driving through Canada?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Heavybullets

How exactly do you get to Haines without driving through Canada?

Fly?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Have you looked at home prices in Idaho yet?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin

Exactly! We had plans of moving to Idaho when my wife retires. But lord the housing market is crazy, we were looking at eastern Idaho as well. Prices are still crazy..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

A
aaron10 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Negatory no ammo or reloading supplies are being sold its coming with I ain`t going to try to replace it at todays prices I got enough to keep me and the kids going till I`m dead except maybe primers. Yeah we have looked at house prices around boise thats the wifes deal we even looked at some places right inside the oregon border near boise they were a bit cheaper , they are pretty crazy on their prices for some of the old dumps people are trying to sell down there ,but neighbors houses here been selling for 375,000 in our hood so we should make some good money on our sale to get a place down there. Wife says we are going ,she is done with this state. She has family in boise and her mum and my stepson are there. And I`m so ready to get out 52 years is enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I lived in Mtn Home for 3 years, enjoyed it and the hunting was pretty damn good but it's been almost 22 years since I lived there so I'm sure things have changed and not for the better.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Good luck on the move. Your wife sounds like mine. I have heard through the grapevine that my job is going remote so I can go just about anywhere. The wife has a 5 year business commitment for her practice, then she plans on selling out and we leave AK. Both of my sons are wanting out as well. Five years gives the youngest time to finish college before we leave. At this point it’s either SC or FL. I am not a FL fan, but the SIL is there and is currently stage 4 of kidney failure.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Calvin

Exactly! We had plans of moving to Idaho when my wife retires. But lord the housing market is crazy, we were looking at eastern Idaho as well. Prices are still crazy..

Yeah we were looking for a winter home down there. Not the time to buy down there and not sure if it will get better.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alright kids gather around the fire I have a story to tell.. I came down assignment to leave Alaska in 2013. My report date was Jan 2014 to fort Carson Colorado. My wife and daughter were ecstatic, at this point we been here 5yrs. They couldn’t wait to leave, so get house packed up movers get everything we get house rented and off we go. We get to Carson nice area, it in El Paso County population 900,000 plus yes more people in El Paso County than Alaska. Anyhow we find a nice place to rent life is good. Until summer comes subtle hints how they both miss Alaska wife not really happy with her new job with Dept of Airforce. So she applied for her old job back here in Alaska. October 2014 guess who was driving wife and daughter back to Alaska with a uhual trailer in tow? You guessed it this guy..while everyone hoots and hollers how they hate Alaska and blow out of town. They get to new destination and realize it sucks. We are going to snowbird that’s the extent of us leaving.

Last edited by 79S; 01/24/22.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least Boise has a manageable population a lot like Anchorage. Anyone leaving Ak highly recommended finding something with a small population.

A
aaron10 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Colorado is nice too I lived there before here, My Dad was in the Airforce that`s how we got here. Time to go hunt some deer way more tastier then the moose and caribou here. Will miss the tasty salmon and ptarmigan though. But the older daughter can ship me some fish down.

Last edited by aaron10; 01/25/22.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
I’d snowbird here in a heartbeat. I’ve got a bud that just built a house in AZ, with a plan to snowbird for 5 years and then permanent in AZ after that. My plan is to just start leaving the state for 2 weeks every January and going someplace warmer. Once the youngest is out of high school, it won’t be an issue to do that. January is slow for me at work anyways, and a few days in Vegas or somewhere sounds nice!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,234
Posts18,466,711
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.