Will do Roy.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
He said he met you there. I am picking Ted up around 5:30 and heading out. See ya there!!

Would love to be a back seat passenger on that road trip! Tell ted hi for me Joe.

Yes indeed, a road trip with those two would be fun. But still, six hours.....there better be hookers and whiskey too. grin grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
He said he met you there. I am picking Ted up around 5:30 and heading out. See ya there!!

Would love to be a back seat passenger on that road trip! Tell ted hi for me Joe.

Yes indeed, a road trip with those two would be fun. But still, six hours.....there better be hookers and whiskey too. grin grin

What if the hooker isn't interested in Savages? What's she gunna do for the other 5 hours and 58 minutes?

LOL
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Looks like there will be a few of us there tomorrow. Safe travels everyone!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I just heard from Fug1899. He is just about there. Nan and I will be leaving sometime around 4 AM. The only others I know for sure are you and Ted. Marshfellow will be there set up. Yes see you there and safe travels to you as well.

Nan took the picture, but this is what to look for. laugh laugh laugh

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
2034?

Did you time travel 12 years ahead yesterday and buy that rifle and bring it back? grin

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Dave, Mike, Paul, and Bill should be there as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I have MUCH more foliage than 2 years ago.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Just got back from the Albany show . Didn't find anything I had to buy but picked up some 33cal winchester bullets at a really good price. 99's we're pricey and didn't fine any ruger #1's

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Had a GREAT time meeting triple deuce. David Sheldrick was there as well as Fug and poconojack. Saw no 99's worth a second glance. Reloading supplies were going at a price that made me proud I hoarded over the years. I have enough to keep me going for the next two lifetimes. Saw Marshfellow and as always he had wares that would make anyone drool. I think Ted picked up a nice Winchester Mod 70 in .257 Robts. All in all, a great day.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Had a great time at the show and Finally got to meet LBK and Fug!! It was a pleasure talking to you both. I didnt come home with anything but i really went to just meet up with the guys. Hopefully we can do it again in Syracuse or Baltimore!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jealous.. got a small local gun show here next weekend, but I have to wait for anything of decent size. Glad you guys had fun!

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Had a great time at the show and Finally got to meet LBK and Fug!! It was a pleasure talking to you both. I didnt come home with anything but i really went to just meet up with the guys. Hopefully we can do it again in Syracuse or Baltimore!!

The ONLY thing worth coming home with was the conversation we all had. It is pretty bad when you can go to a major size show, come home, open your own room and safes and have a FAR better show without all the clutter. Thanks guys, it was FANTASTIC.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

I think it was a good time for all nice to meet other Savage Nuts

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Glad you guys had a good time, To bad that the show didn't have a bunch of savage stuff you could get your hands on! I lucked out by staying home a friend showed up and gave me a 1896 krag rifle with attached bayonet with scabbard!!!! grin grin some days you never know ! laugh laugh

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Indeed. Such camaraderie is far more valuable than the acquisition of material objects. Envious of y'all.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Indeed. Such camaraderie is far more valuable than the acquisition of material objects. Envious of y'all.

Amen!!!! Some of my longtime friends (five) that I've hunted, fished, rode horses, camped, shot, and consumed certain liquids (back in the day) with over the last 55-60 years will get together before some of the guns shows we attend for breakfast before the show and/or for chow after. Usually stroll close at the shows commenting on this and that, meeting others we may know, always alot of fun BSing on this and that. Always makes for a good time. Makes for alot of good memories of shows, more than what ya see. Alot of the guns and such we've bought over the years are long gone, but the memories of certain stories and funny instances are still there. Makes upcoming shows where we get together more anticipating.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'll never look at gun shows quite the same after spending the weekend manning a table and ending up with the covid. Lost two months of my life to that schit! Had a gun dealer friend used to call gun show attendees booger pickers. I see why now.

No offense to present company.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I'll never look at gun shows quite the same after spending the weekend manning a table and ending up with the covid. Lost two months of my life to that schit! Had a gun dealer friend used to call gun show attendees booger pickers. I see why now.

No offense to present company.

I heard a seller at a show one time say that just about everyone who walked by wanted to stick their finger down the muzzles of his guns. Maybe that accounts for some of the "funny" muzzle wear we see on guns from time to time. They must be looking for "bore boogers"!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Yup it's good to be on the other side of the table once in a awhile, I know after 7-8 hrs maning a table at a show I wore out mentally. About a third are buyers, the rest well then there's the Rest!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.