Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Toddly
I’ve bought into crypto a little at a time for the last 14 months. If it goes into the lower 30s I’m going in big.

At one time, a single tulip bulb was equal in price to a mansion on the Amsterdam Grand Canal. The difference between a tulip bulb and a Bitcoin, however, is that you can actually put a tulip bulb in some soil and get a tulip to grow from it, i.e., it actually has some intrinsic value.

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I’ve bought into crypto a little at a time for the last 14 months. If it goes into the lower 30s I’m going in big.

At one time, a single tulip bulb was equal in price to a mansion on the Amsterdam Grand Canal. The difference between a tulip bulb and a Bitcoin, however, is that you can actually put a tulip bulb in some soil and get a tulip to grow from it, i.e., it actually has some intrinsic value.

With bitcoin, it's possible to be your own bank. Can't do that with a tulip.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I'm still buying Bitcoin and Ethereum. Guessing there's still a few on here taking advantage of what we all hope is an opportunity?
Any suggestions on others to be considering?

I sincerely wish you good fortune.

Not for me.
Ditto.... Just a massive ponzi scheme, IYAM... I'll pass..

So is our Bolshevik controlled fiat currency. No dollars, just Federal Reserve notes.

Are they FDIC insured like real Dollars are? Just wondering. whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/23/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone really think we’ll be transacting with paper currency and coins 10 years from now?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone really think we’ll be transacting with paper currency and coins 10 years from now?

This is one reason I think I should at least learn how to get started buying/trading crypto.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rubes Rubes Hicks and Rubes... Heard it from the lips of the thieves that rule us... Stole our Gold with the Dollar Goin Round... And Laid Their Bitcoin Down... [i think Cher would hate this... but Sonny might've Dug it]

Last edited by 7mm_Loco; 01/23/22.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Jerryv
I’m buying Bitcoin now.

Did you do it like this Queer?

Looked like he stuck a $20 in a shredder to me.

Jerry

Crypto/Bitcoin has never become what it was touted to be. In fact it’s hardly used in everyday transactions. Everyone buying Bitcoin is getting into it not as an alternative currency but to “become rich”. Getting into crypto in the middle of it, at a time when the federal government is looking to regulate it, is hilarious. By all means ride it as far as you can but you are investing in a purely speculative asset that will be soon regulated up the wazoo is not confidence well spent in terms of 10s of thousands of dollars. Ya have time but probably not a lot. BTW the fed/federal government will never allow an alternative currency to take hold.

I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
I think cash will be used. About 75% of transaction in the world are in cash. As for crypto, I never bought any. My sis bought some Doge-coin for 8 cents , about $900 worth. It goes to 36 and she calls and asks what to do. I said sell half and make a bunch of money and if it goes to 0 you still made tremendous returns . If it goes to 2 bucks, sell another half and keep the other 2000 coins in case it goes to 100 bucks a piece. She sold some but now she is barely ahead.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Without hijacking the thread we already have a long term renter in mind.

They currently rent a 2 bedroom from my parents but want a 3 bedroom house.

Good deal if renters are a known commodity and are long term renters.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C

IMHO that is a linear thought process (no offense intended)...

The number of moving parts in the US and Global economy is far from linear.

The number of ticks sucking the life out of this hound dog is far beyond unsustainable... been that way for quite a while.

The fundamental difference between "want" and "need" has ceased to be differ.

When Laquish "wants" free healthcare, free housing and free education... and you "need" a new backhoe to grow your business... Laquish will get what she "wants" and you will not get what you "need" even if you can pay for it. (i.e. you availability to have the cash to buy the backhoe will be taxed away to take care of Laquish's "wants").

Capitalism is a dead man walking... that is just a fact.

----------------------------------------------------------

In my estimation... .GOV will cause a great hack of all money.

There will be a great gnashing of teeth...

Everybody will get $1m equally (or a monthly stipend).

And 90% of the population will becomes slaves.

----------------------------------------------------------

Some feel Bitcoin will duck this...

Personally, I do not...

But again I sincerely wish every man good fortune in his decisions.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

E
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
E
For me, I prefer to stay off the crypto market, for now, because anything can still happen in the crypto market. We can still experience more DIP in the crypto market.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by elephantrider
For me, I prefer to stay off the crypto market, for now, because anything can still happen in the crypto market. We can still experience more DIP in the crypto market.

Or the stock market, or silver and gold, or land…….DIVERSIFY and have cash, booze, food, ammunition stocked!

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I am. I don't recommend it to anyone, most people freak out if their investment drops .5%, crypto would kill them dead. Its hugely volatile for sure, and most people don't want that in their investments. They prefer stability and making returns that might modestly outpace inflation but require very little research or work on the part of the investor
Crypto is hard to keep pace with and stay somewhat up to date on whats happening, and thereby figure out where to best put your money. But, the returns that can be had here are pretty hard to find anywhere else, so its where I choose to play. I don't rely on it for my income, I don't invest money I can't afford to loose, but I did take a second job strictly for money to invest in crypto.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Way things are going we might be using cigarettes and antibiotics as currency.

Carpe' Scrotum
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
As goes QE so goes the fortunes of crypto. In a tightening Fed environment the long side of anything crypto is not for me.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a close relative who got into Bitcoin literally at cents on the dollar several year ago, and kept telling me to do the same. Of course I ignored him. He sold almost all of the 200 coins he had when it went to $100/coin, thinking he hit it big. Then it hit $70k a coin this last fall. He lost out on $14m. As has already been mentioned in this thread, bitcoin has made some billionaires.

The story isn’t just about crypto. When many of the big-money investors are investing millions, if not billions, on up-coming meta-verse projects, it makes one wonder. Virtual real estate is selling for millions. Facebook has invested some $30 billion in virtual initiatives. Why? It may not be tangible, but it IS a new market. Up-and-coming virtual tech is where the movement is. Do some research.

It’s a choice whether to invest or not. However, I tend to agree with Erik and XX.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Who's going all in on A$$ Coin?
https://www.coinbase.com/price/australian-safe-shepherd

Or maybe POO Coin?
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/poocoin/

There's almost 10,000 crypto currencies now.
The cryptos look a lot like tulips to me....or maybe NFTs?

Quando omni flunkus moritati
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F

Every drug deal will still be cash on the barrelhead.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Or maybe POO Coin?

Like I said, its a pretty crazy place right now and its definitely not for the faint of heart. Lots of pump and dumps and meme coins like those you posted. Even so, go look at the charts on those two, and you can see some people made big bucks on them.
There's money to be made, but it's not always "easy money" like many beleive.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by Whiptail

Or maybe POO Coin?

Like I said, its a pretty crazy place right now and its definitely not for the faint of heart. Lots of pump and dumps and meme coins like those you posted. Even so, go look at the charts on those two, and you can see some people made big bucks on them.
There's money to be made, but it's not always "easy money" like many beleive.

True.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
573 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.