Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Toddly
Pretty much just a mild flu with fever for a few days. The worse part is my eyes. Very sore. I’m betting that the eyes are a major inlet for the virus. Oh well, off to split more wood.

Eye pain is also a common symptom of flu. Did you get a test? Keep in mind that a positive test has about a 50% chance of being a false positive.

BULLSHIT.

Right! It's probably closer to 90% false positives. The new improved PCR test (per the FDA) will even give a positive test result for a bacterial infection.

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by victoro
Pretty much just a mild flu with fever for a few days. The worse part is my eyes. Very sore. I’m betting that the eyes are a major inlet for the virus. Oh well, off to split more wood.

Eye pain is also a common symptom of flu. Did you get a test? Keep in mind that a positive test has about a 50% chance of being a false positive.

BULLSHIT.

Right! It's probably closer to 90% false positives. The new improved PCR test (per the FDA) will even give a positive test result for a bacterial infection.

You have no [bleep] clue how it works, do you? Did you read that bullshit on the internet? Do you even know how tests work?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Vax?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

BULLSHIT.

You have no [bleep] clue how it works, do you? Did you read that bullshit on the internet? Do you even know how tests work?

Are you on the side of the tests actually working? If so youre retarded. Wife was sick as hell with covid. I can gauge us having the infection by losing taste and smell for well over 2 months now. Wife tested positive. Daughter and i came down with fevers in 3 days and became very sick. Between the 2 of us, we had 4 tests all negative. Eventually tested positive but there is you super accurate tests for ya. Complete garbage. Have friends who have had the same exprience

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
It seems goalie is referring to Biden, Fauci, and all the other big government azzholes.
If you thought about it for a minute or two you might come to the same conclusion

I'm thinking about the man who made the original post, and the well-wishes for his recovery.

Not everything is about Biden, Fauci, and big government assh*les. Frankly, I'm tired of hearing and reading about them non-stop, including here.

Then don’t

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine lasted exactly seven days almost to the hour of when it first started. Mostly mild to moderate flu like symptoms. A moderate fever and chills and a foggy feeling were by far the worst of it but kept pretty tolerable with a fever reducer/pain killer. I had some other mild symptoms that would come and go such as scratchy throat, headache and runny nose but those only a few days. I never got the tired feeling the way a lot of others have and only lost my sense of smell and taste for one day. On day 7 (yesterday) the fever broke, the foggy feeling and chills went away and I felt pretty close to full strength.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"You have no [bleep] clue how it works, do you? Did you read that bullshit on the internet? Do you even know how tests work?"

Why don't you enlighten us? I did read about the tests on the internet. Were you aware that the FDA has a website? I don't believe much of what the FDA or CDC says but when the FDA admits that the covid tests are bogus I tend to believe them.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
"You have no [bleep] clue how it works, do you? Did you read that bullshit on the internet? Do you even know how tests work?"

Why don't you enlighten us? I did read about the tests on the internet. Were you aware that the FDA has a website? I don't believe much of what the FDA or CDC says but when the FDA admits that the covid tests are bogus I tend to believe them.

Please, send me a link in which the FDA says *the* tests are bogus.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Why don't you enlighten us? I did read about the tests on the internet. Were you aware that the FDA has a website? I don't believe much of what the FDA or CDC says but when the FDA admits that I tend to believe them.

Where does the FDA say that "the covid tests are bogus"?

Put up or shut up—cite the FDA not a secondary source.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by gunchamp

BULLSHIT.

Are you on the side of the tests actually working? If so youre retarded. Wife was sick as hell with covid. I can gauge us having the infection by losing taste and smell for well over 2 months now. Wife tested positive. Daughter and i came down with fevers in 3 days and became very sick. Between the 2 of us, we had 4 tests all negative. Eventually tested positive but there is you super accurate tests for ya. Complete garbage. Have friends who have had the same exprience

I see....you've got it all figured out.

What does the test test? Do you know that?

The tests test for viral DNA in the nares or in sinus cavity. The DNA begins to show up there when a person is shedding virus. Early in the disease process, one doesn't shed virus. That is why on the first few days, people tend to test negative then a few days later, they test positive.

Presence of viral DNA is >85% detectable using PCR.

Failure of the test to detect early COVID isn't a failure of the test, it is a characteristic of the disease process---and is well known, which is why the literature doesn't support testing until three days after exposure, and again at five days after exposure.

Currently, I see around twenty COVID cases a day and everybody with clinical presentation of COVID tends to test positive for COVID. This is a CLUE.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing about this virus that seems different, is the multiple times people are catching it.

It’s like a repeat offender that will come back for another bite of crime.

I’ve never in my life caught the flu twice in a single year.

🤷🏽‍♀️🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

BULLSHIT.

The tests test for viral DNA in the nares or in sinus cavity. The DNA begins to show up there when a person is shedding virus. Early in the disease process, one doesn't shed virus. That is why on the first few days, people tend to test negative then a few days later, they test positive.

Failure of the test to detect early COVID isn't a failure of the test, it is a characteristic of the disease process---and is well known, which is why the literature doesn't support testing until three days after exposure, and again at five days after exposure.

Currently, I see around twenty COVID cases a day and everybody with clinical presentation of COVID tends to test positive for COVID. This is a CLUE.

My daughter and i were sick with symptoms for 3 days when we first got tested. Then again at day 5 because the local jackoff health system wouldnt give me monoclonal treatment until i produced a positive test. Finally when i got one, it was too late to get the treatment. Tests are bullchit at best. Inaccurate. Sorry you have bought into a [bleep]

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/23/22.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

BULLSHIT.

My daughter and i were sick with symptoms for 3 days when we first got tested. Then again at day 5 because the local jackoff health system wouldnt give me monoclonal treatment until i produced a positive test. Finally when i got one, it was too late to get the treatment. Tests are bullchit at best. Inaccurate. Sorry you have bought into a [bleep]

Read what I wrote. PCR tests detects sheds of viral DNA in the cavity which is being tested. If you haven't shed virus, it is not that the test didn't work, its that there wasn't viral DNA present. Again, in practice, we can tell who is positive by assessing them, and around 90% of the time, PCR test will pop positive for those we suspect. We often use cephid tests which include flu a & b, RSV, and COVID-19. At times we will test with a Biofire, which includes results for nearly all known respiratory viruses.

Funny, you are calling the health system "jackoff" because they wouldn't take your word for it that you were positive. Those treatments are expensive and in short supply; do you expect them to give them to any fool that walks up and says "I have COVID"? Any idea what that leads to?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter

I expect the health care that i pay ridiculous rates for to actually fuggin treat me when i need it. My wife was positive at home and just got the monoclonal treatment. I have all the symptoms and am having trouble breathing. Would be nice if america was the best health care system in the world like it used to be. Treat people who need it. I also have history with lung damage from a past pneumonia infection. All that info wasnt enough to sway them. Our health care here is currently chit

Last edited by gunchamp; 01/23/22.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
And further more, not only did my doctor tell me to stay clear of the vaccine for now, the doctor i saw when i was sick with covid told me these test arent accurate at all when i questioned how it was possible to test negative multiple times even after having symptoms for a week

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Everyone giving their corona common cold update now? OK.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Corona has been way over hyped in the media. Anyone believing that a cheap paper or cloth mask is going to stop the spread is foolish. I’m not vaxed and see Covid as the biggest tool for government overreach in my lifetime. Having said all that and that I hate hearing it referred to as a pandemic. It is more than just a cold for most people. For most it’s at least closer to a flu and for a small percentage it’s deadly or very near deadly. Continuing to pretend that it’s literally not one bit different from a typical common cold isn’t being honest.

My wife’s 41 years old and in great health, she’s a health and fitness freak that will never admit to being sick. She spent about four days living and sleeping on the couch almost 24/7 with severe muscle aches only getting up to use the bathroom with Covid. Her best friends husband is in his mid 40’s and in good health spent two weeks in the hospital on oxygen with Covid. My best childhood buddies 50 year old wife whom was overweight but had no other health problems that I’m aware of died in her sleep from Covid. For me it was very comparable to the flu for a week.

I believe it isn’t going away, it generally has an extremely high survival rate and we should all go about living our lives. On the other hand pretending that it’s literally a common cold, it may be for a small percentage but for most it’s varying degrees of worse than that. People that want to overplay it or downplay it for an agenda both do a disservice.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie
Well, I would prefer to not have to resort to violence to stop .gov from injecting my son with something that's potentially dangerous and that he doesn't need.

You'll have to excuse me for finding that more compelling than worrying about the elderly with co-morbidities, who are free to take as many mRNA therapy shots as they need to feel safe......

The common flu and pneumonia was never a killer of the elderly before the covid. lol

Kids never freaked out about the flu which is much more deadly to children than the covid

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
It ain't the plane you have to worry about. It's the terminal.

When we went to Africa in Nov, I considered the two most dangerous places to be JFK and Amsterdam International.

100% on what Lemming said.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

304 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 28 invisible), 1,646 guests, and 935 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,508
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.