LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'll go first 12 ga. 3.5" 2 oz load of Winchester Longbeard #4's 25 yards

Same load of Winchester Longbeard #4's at 50 yards....I have to shoot it again and lower my scope some.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I'll post some after I shoot them. No one's questioning the validity of a 12ga with lead shot, especially a 3-1/2" shell with 2-1/4oz of shot, I used one for a long while. Only saying that the smaller TSS shot makes the sub gauges a truly viable option. I poopooed TSS shot for a while, how could #9 shot perform like people are saying?! Then I tried it and it works and performs just like people say. Would a 12ga 3-1/2" with 2-1/4oz of #5's have killed the 2 toms I killed with the 20ga using #9 TSS? Of course it would have! But the 20 with the TSS shells put a smack on the toms, they dropped and never flopped, not even once! Even my turkey hunting partners commented on that. Now, if you want to argue just for arguments sake... haha!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
3 1/2" Longbeard #4 at 60 yards.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
3" 20 ga Federal Heavy 7's at 40 yards

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Guess that's the only two paper pics I have at the current time. I prefer to be sitting behind feathers in my pattern pics.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I’ll try to remember to take a picture at the farm tomorrow but I’ve got a target with 368 in the 10” at a lasered 40. 20ga tss 9s

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Impressive! What choke(s)??

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
I'll post some after I shoot them. No one's questioning the validity of a 12ga with lead shot, especially a 3-1/2" shell with 2-1/4oz of shot, I used one for a long while. Only saying that the smaller TSS shot makes the sub gauges a truly viable option. I poopooed TSS shot for a while, how could #9 shot perform like people are saying?! Then I tried it and it works and performs just like people say. Would a 12ga 3-1/2" with 2-1/4oz of #5's have killed the 2 toms I killed with the 20ga using #9 TSS? Of course it would have! But the 20 with the TSS shells put a smack on the toms, they dropped and never flopped, not even once! Even my turkey hunting partners commented on that. Now, if you want to argue just for arguments sake... haha!

That is a 2 oz load....not a 2 & 1/4 oz load.

You want to talk could'a I likely could have killed a few of the gobblers I killed last year with a 1oz dove load.

Shot from a 24" Mobil choked SBE with a Pattern Master Code Black Turkey choke.....I've since bought an extra 24" Crio choked barrel and a Crio CBT tube just haven't got around to shooting it yet. (Both targets were shot at an NRA certified range)

Ps....don't be scared off by the Pattern Master choke tube prices they cost more than inferior choke designs but are well worth the extra money.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Yoder looks to me like you're comparing a fAiry dust shot swarm shot at 40 yards to a manly sized lead #4 shot at 60 yards....

What's with the dancing circles....I hope your aim isn't as far off as your drawing is.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan
I’ll try to remember to take a picture at the farm tomorrow but I’ve got a target with 368 in the 10” at a lasered 40. 20ga tss 9s

How many of those tee tiny #9 sized pellets you figure it takes to kill turkey ?

IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by ShortMagFan

How many of those tee tiny #9 sized pellets you.figure it takes to kill turkey ?

Only 1, and they sure up the odds...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I like my odds....

A single #4 lead can kill a big gobbler I wouldn't put my money on one fAiry dust size #9 pellet killing a big gobbler.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
That's your OPINION. And not saying it won't, because it definitely will. And this is what's great about all this, you use what you like, others will use what they like. You just want to argue, so be it. Hope you have a great, safe, spring in the turkey woods.

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Nothing personal...

Thanks I always have a great spring in the turkey woods.

Get a #4 lead and a TSS #9 pellet put them side by side and post a picture for these guys

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
No way I'm cutting 1 of the TSS shells open to get a pellet out! Lol!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
And I know it's nothing personal. I had 40 years in the trades, it'll take a whole lot more than this. Now disparage my dog and see what happens! Haha!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sure am looking forward to getting my new 20 guage. Should be at my FFL on Thursday. My TSS and XR shells should be here today. But my Carlsons TSS choke isn't supposed to be delievered until monday. Won't be able to pattern it until next weekend. I'll see if I can pattern 3" #9 TSS next to 3" #5 XR out of the same choke tube.

I was limited to 2 boxes of TSS so I won't be shooting more than I need to. That stuff is more than $10 a round.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Yoder looks to me like you're comparing a fAiry dust shot swarm shot at 40 yards to a manly sized lead #4 shot at 60 yards....

What's with the dancing circles....I hope your aim isn't as far off as your drawing is.

Not really comparing anything, I reckon. Just a couple of pattern pics.

The 3" black circle is what I aim at. The 10" circle goes over the center of pattern density. Sight-in patterns are just that. I'll generally shoot 3 sight-in patterns and find the 3" core of density inside the 10".......average them and sights/optics get adjusted accordingly to bring POI to POA and we're good to go.

As far as manly lead and fairy dust go................ I'm only a proponent of shooting paper at 60 yards........or 50 yards. But, I'm pretty sure Federal Heavy 7's will give exit wounds beyond where a lead 4 would. I've seen Heavy 7's do some pretty manly stuff to turkeys.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Fairy pixie dust 9s.....

Last edited by GuideGun; 01/25/22.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by GuideGun
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Fairy pixie dust 9s.....

at 40 yards dead turkey, TSS works, hard to get lead to pattern like that

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
If I ever start hunting Hummingbirds I might try it.....should work great on bumble bees too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
If I ever start hunting Hummingbirds I might try it.....should work great on bumble bees too.

I think.........maybe......... I see where you're coming from. To me, the HTL shot pellets are totally silly in 10 and 12 gauges unless you're into turkey sniping instead of turkey hunting. 40 yards has been the age-old threshold between having called a turkey in and beaten him or not. At 40 yards, any 12 or 10 that'll accept screw-in tubes can be made into a killer with #6 lead shot. It's when you choose to go sub-gauge that the heavier pellets aren't so silly. Aside from the Longbeard XR (which I have not patterned and don't know) which MAY carry enough pattern density in a 20 gauge to make it a reliable 40 yard gun.......lead offerings for 20's limit them back into the 30's of yards. It gets even less with the 28 and .410 until you throw some Heavy 7's or TSS 8's or 9's into the mix. The lethality of the fairy dusts is not even an argument anymore. The stuff patterns, penetrates and kills with authority. Kills the wallet, too. But in the grand scheme of things, a $7 or $9 shell is a pittance along side what is paid for guns, optics, license, trip expenses, etc.

Besides.........hummingbirds are really small. The added pattern density of the fairy dust pellets would really up your chances of not having them little boogers fly through a hole in your pattern.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
The lethality of TSS at long ranges will always be in question....

I started turkey hunting with #4 shot because to me it made the most sense and was the biggest shot legal in my state.

I guess I read some article by some idiot outdoor writer that might have killed less turkeys than me and went to shooting some #6 shot. For a time I toted both in my vest. I ran into some penetration issues with #6 shot on a few turkeys and stopped shooting #6 shot years ago....I've dabbled with #5 shot and for a few years I got tricked into shooting Nitro ammo 4x5x7 Hevi shot (I was getting them for free) then went back to #4s.

I've killed a few turkeys with a really nice 1973 W.C.Scott 12ga.hammer gun with 20 ga. Full length Briley tubes in it....It patterned best with imp. mod chokes and Federal 2&3/4 lead #4 shot....I considered it a sure kill 35 yard gun.

My first shotgun was a 20ga....I dreamed of the day I was man enough to shoot a 12 ga.

I laugh when I see the old man riding a Harley....guess he never rode one when he was young.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't understand why you are having problems with #6 shot. Are you taking body shots at long ranges?

I don't use any optic on my shotguns, except a slug gun. I have TruGlo adjustable sights on the rib of my Winchester SX4. I just stick with the stock fiber optic on my A5. Same on my Ithaca. 40 yards is about as far as I would, or even could, shoot a turkey. Even at 40 yards that head looks awfully small. I know some folks hunt open land where a longer shot might be practical. In the bottomlands I hunt, I usually can't even see an approaching bird until it's inside 40 yards. Beyond that, he's usually out somewhere hidden by greenbrier brambles. There's some exceptions, but not many for me. At those ranges, and with decent shot placement, I have never had a problem with lethality of #4, #5 or #6 lead shot, whether it was coming from a 3 1/2" shell or a 2 3/4" shell. I have no doubt #9 TSS is just as lethal given proper placement and reasonable range.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/27/22.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I never shot #4 lead but did try #6 lead and it did the job for me but my gun patterned better with #5 lead so that is what I used when I shot 12 ga. I went from lead to Hevi #6 after seeing how much better the pattern was in my gun. I tried HW7 and it did ok in my 12 ga. but did not shine till I hand loaded it as opposed to shooting factory stuff. I think it was the wad that my gun/choke did not like with the factory stuff. After my first shoulder surgery and recovery, I tried the 12 ga at the pattern board and I could not take the recoil. My arm fell limp and stayed that way for over an hour. I thought I was screwed for life but after about an hour I could start to move it again. I was not sure what I was going to do about turkey hunting after that. A buddy sent me some 20 ga 1 7/16 TSS shells and told me to try them (they had been on my shelf in my reloading room for a few years as I could not see how they would work better than what I had) I remembered them and got one of my 20 gauges out and tried one shot on paper at 40 yards. The pattern was good and the recoil was no where near what I was getting form the 12 ga. so I was able to turkey hunt that spring. I have only killed 2 turkeys with a 12 ga since that time. Both were in TX after my red dot sight went down on my 20 ga. I could hardly move my arm afterword's. Fast forward 16 more years and had to have a second surgery on the same shoulder. I sold all my big mag. rifles, except a 257 WBY but the rest are gone.
During all this, I found that you do not have to be beat to death in order to hunt. The "Manly Gun" thing is BS, use good hunting skills, get the game in close, put the shot or bullet where it should be and you will bring the game home.
Once again shoot what you want and hunt the way you want and if at the end of the day you are happy, all is good.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I have never intentionally shot a turkey in the body at any range.

The problem I saw with #6 lead was at 40 yards they lacked penetration. Two gobblers came in 'one was doing all the gobbling'....boom he got up and ran off. I paced off the distance several times 40 long steps sat back down and scratched my head.

A couple hours later I got back to my truck hit my call one last time....a gobbler cut me off.

I reloaded with a #4 shell I suited back up and started towards him....it was very dry and noisy to walk so as I went up the hill I was scratching the leaves with one foot every few steps trying to sound like a turkey....he was gobbling like hell every step I took. I sat down just below the crest he gobbled just over the hill out of sight.....when he did I immediately called on top of his gobble with a diaphragm call he went nuts....no way I was going to screw this up.
There was two gobblers and 'one was doing all the gobbling'.

As they approached he was coming through some grape vines I figured they would go past the vines one dipped his head and came under the grape vines the shot was about 10 or 15 yards at most. I hit him at the base of the neck....tore the top of his breast and his beard up pretty good. Luck has it I shot the one that was doing all the gobbling.

When I cleaned him I found some #6 pellets in his breast that didn't penetrate to the vitals....from the earlier 40 yard shot.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Pullit if I physically had to shoot a 20 ga. I suspect would....

I hunted one spring with a fractured femur head I couldn't put my boots on by myself and had to walk on crutches in terrible pain (imagine a Bowie knife sticking in your hip joint) I figured I wouldn't kill a turkey that year but I went most every day and I killed 7 long beards that year.

Hopefully I won't ever reach the day I can't tote or shoot a 12 ga. if I do I suspect I'll tote a 20 ga. or just set on the porch.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was hunting on a friends place and was going out a ridge calling, had one gobble back and I knew he was in a big food plot on out to my left. As I got to the finger that went to that food plot, I knew I could go no further as he would see me. I sat down and purred a little on my mouth call. I was on a little rise and thought he was going to walk straight out the logging road that lead to the food plot. Instead he was on the low side of the logging road and I could barely see his head as he stepped out onto the main ridge road. He looked up and down the ridge road and could not find "the hen" as was starting back the way he came when I shot him. I was so focused on him that I did not see some saplings between him and me. I walked over and picked him up and laid him on the finger road and went back the 25 or so yards to get my vest and cushion. That is when I noticed the back side of those 3/4" or so inch saplings. The TSS went clean thru to green saplings and sheared them up. I took pictures of the bird and the saplings and sent them to my buddy that I got the TSS from.
I am not saying that the same exact pellets that went thru the saplings were the same ones that killed the bird but there was no question TSS will penetrate after seeing what it did to those saplings. I have changed phones since then and no longer have those pictures or I would post them here.

Don't care who are, you hunt long enough and you will see some crazy things both good and bad when hunting.

Last edited by pullit; 01/27/22.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I've shot some down with lead and killed turkeys too....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
TN use to have a limit of 4 birds until this last year. One year I killed 8 in that year. I limited in TN and went to TX which also had a 4 bird limit. A guy that we know use to let us come hunt for free there in TX. He would tell us, "you know where the land is and where the property lines are, help yourself". In Tx you can kill all 4 birds at one time (if it works out) unlike TN where you can only kill one bird per day.
I killed 4 birds in a day and a half in TX 3 of the 4 were double beards. We did that for several years until he figured out he could lease out the turkey hunting rights.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
The lethality of TSS at long ranges will always be in question.....

Trust me. I was in the same school of thought until about 4 years ago. A comedy (it wasn't that funny) of errors and equipment failure on a Nebraska Merriam's hunt sidelined my SX3 (3 1/2" Longbeard XR #6's) and I was using my backup gun. It was a NEF Pardner 20 gauge that was tricked out by SumToy Customs. I was shooting 3" Federal Heavy 7's.

Called a beautiful snow tip down a mountain road over the course of an hour or better. Watched him coming for a couple hundred yards and had picked a spot at 35 yards where I was going to go hammertime. The rotten turd came about 600 yards down the road and decided to scale the mountainside just before he got to where I planned to shoot. As he started up the bank, I (call it a rookie mistake) still had him figured to be in range. I put the dot on the base of his neck and lit one off. The bird just fell over backwards and rolled down on to the road. Didn't even flop. When I got to him, his head was tore up. Exit wounds. I could have shown it to anyone and said "25 yards" and they'd have believed me. Truth of the matter is, not being used to hunting the wide open spaces, it was my worst case of range misestimation EVER. After the fact.........like a dumbass.........I lasered back to the tree I was sitting against when I shot. 53 yards. I was disappointed and ashamed of myself at the same time. My lifetime average across every turkey I've ever shot is a 28 1/2 yard shot. So this is a confession, not a brag in ANY WAY. But the fact of the matter is that the Heavy 7 pellets did (with authority) at 53 yards what no 20 gauge lead load would do short of having a rabbit's foot in your pocket and a horseshoe up your arse.

Having only shot TSS at paper from my .410, I have no experience to comment. Only opinion. But TSS is more dense than the original Federal Heavyweight shot. I would think you could get very similar results from TSS pellets 1 size smaller, at least.

Last edited by Yoder409; 01/27/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a lot of birds. Va is a 3 bird yearly limit with no more than 2 in either the fall or the spring. And we have a lot of birds.

We have a regional airport nearby in my city and there are so many turkeys I see them in people's front yards. No hunting in the city. I guess they know that.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pullit

Don't care who are, you hunt long enough and you will see some crazy things both good and bad when hunting.

Carve THAT in a stone somewhere. Yep.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yoder,
I have to admit to one myself. First time I hunted a 20 ga in TX, I was hunting a field that had a step that ran the full length of the field. There was about an 8-10 foot difference in elevation between the upper field and the lower field. I was just over the edge of the field on the lower section. I had a camera mounted to my gun and was going to film the hunt. I had a hen and 4 long breads heading my way in the upper field. Everything was going great but all I could see were the heads as they got closer. I turned on the camera and all of a sudden one of the gobblers decided to look over the edge of the step in the field. He was no more than maybe 5 yards from me when I shot him. The rest of the birds went everywhere in the field and I found my next bird and shot him. After that everything was way too far. I felt something at my feet and looked, it was the camera, the velcro came loose on the first shot and it had fallen at my feet. I picked up my first bird and the camera and there laid my second bird out in the field so I walked over to it and looked back where I had been, it was 57 yards. I could not see the ground from over the lip of the step and only saw the head and upper part of his body. I was shocked that the TSS had killed him dead without a wiggle, and was pissed at myself for having shot that far. I would have never shot that far if I had known. Without something to gauge off of I could not tell.
I went back and looked at the video on the first bird and since the camera was mounted under the barrel and all that was over the bank was the turkeys head, all the video showed was me mounting the gun, the camera was looking at the dirt and at the shot, it falling off and me kicking the camera around as I was setting up to shoot the second bird. To say it would not have made Realtree Outdoors video list was an understatement.

I can tell you that TSS will kill one stone dead at 57 yards. Will it do it every time, I hope to never find out as I hope to never shoot one anywhere near that far again.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The only time I worry about shooting too far, is when I'm shooting my 12 gauge with lead shot! Lol!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just got my new 20 gauge "fairy dust spreader."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I think I'll name her Tinkerbell.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like it,
Is it just the picture or is the wood and metal matt finished? The only BPS I have ever seen have been high gloss wood and bright shiny blue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, that's not a very good picture. The sun was glaring directly at my camera so there's flare in the picture. Here's a better one. The finish is matte. Not rough matte like Remingtons. Just a nice, smooth matter. It's also my only shotgun with a metal front bead. I need to find the right sized HiViz or TruGlo front fiber optic.

It's also got a 28" barrel. It's a general purpose gun I intend to use for turkey and small game. I would have gotten a 26" or 24" barrel but this is what I could find.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Nice guns.

I bought one for my grandson last year in an auction for $425 plus shipping...mint unfired factory engraved made in 1997 22 inch barrel standard invector choked woman's/youth model. I thought I pretty much stole it.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You stole it all right. Good catch!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You did steal it.

This is my third BPS. I've owned a 90s vintage unengaved Stalker in 3" 12g, and a early 12g 3 1/2" engraved Stalker. This is the only BPS I own right now. They're really nice guns. This one is a little tight right now.

I had wanted a new manufacture Ithaca M37 in 20 gauge. It's my favorite pump shotgun. But I spoke to Ithaca a couple of days ago and they had no time frame on building 20s. And soince I have 3 M37s and no BPSs, I went with the BPS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice gun !!!

Just don't EVER disassemble the receiver !!!!! That bottom eject mechanism is..........well.........just don't do it. I have a second year production Stalker 10 gauge. I got the bright idea to tear the internals all down to clean and lube them. Closest I've come to crying in the last 40 years. If there's a secret to it....... I didn't find it.

But the BPS is a great gun and durable as all get out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The BPS is a breeze compared to the M37s. Those are doable, but not without some creative language.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've noticed BPS doesn't hold the used value like any 870, but that's because the masses don't know how well those BPS steel part guns are made.

Good score LFC.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
The BPS is a breeze compared to the M37s. Those are doable, but not without some creative language.

Good to know who to call if I ever have to take it apart again. grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
First shotgun I ever made into a dedicated turkey gun was a BPS.

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Back in the 1980s I had a full custom BPS by Tom Choke in Louisiana....shot okay but never as good as the SBE.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I guess you guys never heard of Tom Choke or Bansner turkey guns ?

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Is Bansner the same guy that makes the incredibly fine rifles? If so, those must be pretty nice! I've not heard of Tom Choke, but sometimes I just don't pay attention. The SBE's I've used were great shotguns, I just always feel the need to try something else and rotate stock to try new to me stuff.

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Same guy.....not sure why he stopped doing turkey guns.

I only owned one and had an acquaintance that owned one neither shot very good might be why he stopped making them.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
No, but I have sent guns to Rob Roberts, now I do my own.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

No, but I have sent guns to Rob Roberts, now I do my own.

Not much to do when you roll a 5 or 600 plus pellets out the barrel....

Thats one of the points I was making earlier when you had your head up your own azz.

Any choke will shoot good patterns with a pile of fAiry dust sized shot....not so with the bigger shot.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think you are the one with your head up your butt.
If you actually shot something other than your mouth off, you would know that TSS is no different an any other type of shot. You still have to find the right choke to work with the shell.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
From what I hear choking isn't that critical with the dust.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Back when I set up that first BPS, the gunsmith helping me out was as excited about it as I was. There wasn't a whole lot of turkey hunting anything back then and setting up something just for turkey was pretty new. There was absolutely nothing on the rack specialized for this like there is now. We cut down the barrel and threaded it for tubes, I forget whose system, mounted a platform for the AimPoint I had, re-finished the glossy to a matte black, used steel wool to nock the sheen off the wood... ended up with a really nice turkey gun. But, me being me, after a couple years, something else caught my eye, or imagination, and down the road it went to fund the new thing. Don't even remember anymore what it was! Lol! Now that dedicated turkey hunting stuff is available, I'll assemble what I can do myself. I enjoy it...

NRA life member

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC

If you don't care about your pattern, it is not critical, I care and know what I want my pattern to be, so I shoot and change chokes, work the barrel over, get the trigger where I want it (lb wise) drill and tap for a red dot, etc. until I get my gun exactly the way I want it.
I have lathes and a mill and know how to use them in order get what I want.
After sending a gun to Rob Roberts and having it come back and not meet what he said it would do, I figured I would do it myself.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Well ain't you special.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yes I am

First hand experience beats guessing every time

Last edited by pullit; 02/02/22.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Call it a "guess" if you like.

I'm just going on what people told me about their fAiry dust experiences combined with what I saw posted on the internet about the various chokes people shoot and pictures of their hummingbird patterns....

I came to the conclusion that choking is not as critical with TSS as it is with larger lead shot......

Maybe your first hand fAiry dust experience has shown you different....we love to hear about it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Why would you want to hear about it, you don't want to shoot it, you believe what you read on the internet except form people that use it and know? You believe wife's tails with out first hand experience yourself and you have been told over and over again differently that what you believe. So once again why would you want to hear anything about first hand experience could tell you?

Last edited by pullit; 02/02/22.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Prove me wrong

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Your mind is made up so why would I try.

Last edited by pullit; 02/03/22.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Choking is not that critical with the Winchester Longbeards either......

I suspect I've done more testing with the Longbeard ammo than you have with the TSS....why because no one can afford to shoot a few hundred rounds of TSS

What I have noticed about TSS is that a lot of guys are shooting hummingbird patterns out of a vast array of choke tubes....

That's why I said "choking with TSS is not that critical".....the why is because of the shear number of little pellets.

Why is the choking with Winchester longeards not that critical.....I think it's because of the liquid buffer.

I'll never shoot #9 pellets because I value my meat and my teeth.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would suspect you are wrong on how much TSS I have shot and patterned over the years. Once again speaking about something you know nothing about.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

Prove me wrong

So you're saying its a disadvantage because it patterns easy? And you don't have to spend time and money chasing shells and chokes?

Jeez, seems like a win/win to me.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
It's a win win for ammo makers and choke tube manufacturers

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
It's a win win for ammo makers and choke tube manufacturers

You're literally contradicting your previous statement.

Buying less shells and less chokes is better for the end user, no?

-Matt

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
That's not what i meant.

What I meant was Federal couldn't compete with Winchester with large shot so they took the fairy dust dive....

Lots of choke tube manufactures would be long out of business if they had to make a choke tube that would pattern with conventional shot.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I would suspect you are wrong on how much TSS I have shot and patterned over the years. Once again speaking about something you know nothing about.

Hunting and patterning with Winchester longbeards I'd think it fair to say I've shot 200 to 250 rds maybe more....

You'd need to get a loan on your house to shoot that many rounds of TSS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

Hunting and patterning with Winchester longbeards I'd think it fair to say I've shot 200 to 250 rds maybe more.....

That's admirable and a lotta hard work and dedication. But I coulda saved you a WHOLE lotta time and money.

If any given 12 gauge won't pattern a Longbeard XR with an Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike, drive it into the ground and have a tomato stake.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC

Hunting and patterning with Winchester longbeards I'd think it fair to say I've shot 200 to 250 rds maybe more....

You'd need to get a loan on your house to shoot thar many rounds of TSS.

Only if you are buying factory shells, but yes I have shot a lot of TSS but not a single factory shell. I was shooting so much that I built a shot trap. I quit all that stuff, I have only 2 turkey guns now instead of a whole vault full. I know what my guns like and what chokes they like so I don't shoot but a shell or two before season starts to make sure everything is good, and then what I shoot hunting.

I have over 30 lbs of TSS sitting in my reloading room now.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

30 pounds of TSS...you're either rich or full of it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC
[quote=LFC][quote=pullit]

30 pounds of TSS...you're either rich or full of it.

Well forgive me for not having to guess what TSS will and will not do, but thank you for questioning me as it make me go dig the TSS out. In doing so, I found another 9 lbs that I had forgotten about, There is (2) 9# bottles and (2) 11# bottles so that is 40 lbs plus about a pound that did not make the photo shoot. I have a lifetime supply of hulls and wads as well.
Care to guess some more?

Last edited by pullit; 02/03/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's about $1300 worth of shot at today's prices. Not hard to accumulate that kind of stash over time. I suspect a lot of people have way more money tied up in their ammo stashes than that.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Snap snap pullit! Our local turkey hunting forum troll will be by shortly

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

All that shot and nair a picture of a pattern.

You got the little shot syndrome really bad....what you shoot with TSS #11 shot ?

Let me guess Horse flies. 🐎

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

Can you see that little feller sitting next to that #4 lead....

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LFC

All that shot and nair a picture of a pattern.

You got the little shot syndrome really bad....what you shoot with TSS #11 shot ?

Let me guess Horse flies. 🐎

That is 11 lbs not #11 shot, you really are grasping at straws.
Once I figured out what my guns like and wanted, I quit counting holes and quit taking pictures. That was several years back.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have to admit to spending hours shooting boring bees with my Daisey BB gun, I'm not sure the model but its a replica of a model 94 Winchester, In one of Capsticks books he talked of a fellow PH standing at Victoria falls shooting some sort of Storks with a large caliber double rifle, just for practice, he stated that the misses were few and far between.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Originally Posted by LFC

Can you see that little feller sitting next to that #4 lead....

Looks like a nickle standing next to a dime to me....

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Maybe should set a #2 steel pellet next in line so we can see how much better steel is than lead. Cause it's bigger.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
pullit, the picture of your TSS shot looks much better than the picture of the little 2 pound tin on the Ballistic Products web page. I got rid of so much stuff, might be time to re-invest in a 20ga press and start "hoarding" the components to go with it! Lol!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Thats about $2000 worth of the dust....about 400 rds ?

You don't need a shotgun reloading press to load TSS....you don't even need to know anything about handloading.

All you really need is a roll crimping tool an electrictic drill and a set of Lee powder dippers....if you want to get fancy you can buy a powder scale but it is not a requirement....a piece of dowel rod to push your wad in.

You buy new Priimed hulls like he pictured some Nitro cards, plastic wads, and fAiry dust, some Grex buffer....and over shot cards.

TSS can make a mOron into a custom handloader, ballistic X'spurt and physicist all rolled into one literally over night.

Fist Cardinal rule of handloading is don't do it in a cluttered up place like pullet pictured.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't reload there

Last edited by pullit; 02/04/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've accumulated 4 boxes of 20g Federal #9 TSS and 4 boxes of 20g #7 TSS. I also have a few new boxes of Winchester XX 3" #5s. Weather is supposed to be decent tomorrow. I'll post some target pics later tomorrow.

I suspect that BPS is going to shoot high so I'm going to run the XX through it first to see where it's hitting. I'm only going to sacrifice one box each of #9 and #7 if I can help it. Even in 20 gauge it's $50 a box for five rounds.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
100 yard #4 lead patterned target, 5 shots...

LOL! Sorry! Very cold, very slow morning! Happy Friday everyone and just wanted to show off my new targets. Never used anything this fancy before. It's the simple things sometimes...

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hogeye
Maybe should set a #2 steel pellet next in line so we can see how much better steel is than lead. Cause it's bigger.

grin

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

LOL! Sorry! Very cold, very slow morning! Happy Friday everyone and just wanted to show off my new targets. Never used anything this fancy before. It's the simple things sometimes...

Funny man...lol

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
LOL! You can use the same target for several seasons that way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So what's the richotte danger with TSS? My club has a dedicated shotgun patterning range that I'll be using. There's a bunch of steel targets out there for various pusposes. Seems like I'll need to take extra precautions. Steel on steel bounces like crazy. I suspect TSS will be the same.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think you are ok unless the steel is real close

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I think you are ok unless the steel is real close

At my gun club only 7.5 "lead" or smaller shot is allowed on the steel pattern plate....same goes for shotguns on the Cowboy and the Action pistol range.

Like pullet says you'll probably be okay....

Guess he doesn't know it can ricochet straight back at you...it's about the right velocity to ricochet.

You'll be fine.....Worst case scenario it bounces back and glances off your hard boiled head and hits someone else.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yeah. That's GOOD !!!! grin

Maybe this could be the start of something................ A Turkey Forum 100 yard #4 challenge !!! I mean.........we KNOW who'd win. But there could be props given for 2nd and 3rd places, right ???

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Only guy stupid enough to shoot that far shoots TSS.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Only guy stupid enough to shoot that far shoots TSS.....

Nah !!!!

I'm stupid enough.

Weather breaks, I'll have to root around and see if I can find some #4 lead dinosaurs from the past and some of those spiffy turkey targets. Kinda got my curiosity up, now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

40 yards
Win Longbeard

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gunnut308

40 yards
Win Longbeard

What choke?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

40 yards
Win Longbeard

Yep. That's more of what I'm talkin' about. What shot size is that ??

True story.........the VERY FIRST time I shot a Longbeard XR was a #6 and it ended up being 44 yards (40 of my steps.......didn't laser it like usual). I walked to the target and all I could say was "HOLY SCHIDT !!!".......over and over. And I said it out loud...............and I was by myself. I honestly never even did a pellet count. Had never seen anything like it, not even close, not EVER.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The punishing returns of a 3-1/2" turkey shell?

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

40 yards
Win Longbeard

The punishing returns of a 3-1/2" turkey shell?

Clean your glasses Dean.

Looks like a 3" Benelli to me....first guess would be a 26" barrel.

I'm not seeing an aiming point....Could have been a 24" barrel they are notorious for shooting low if you aim flat down the rib.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Ha! Can't even get away with a flippant remark! Lol! I could tell it wasn't an 870!

NRA life member

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
At first glance I thought it was the magic fAiry dust....hell a hummingbird couldnt get through that.

Any guesses what choke tube he was using ?

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Yoder409

He's wearing your fAiry dust pattern out with that lead....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC

We all know what opinions are like and why.

Considering our 20's are averaging between 135 and 155 pellets from a 325 pellet payload into a 10" circle at 40 yards............. I'll take that EVERY DAY, ALL DAY LONG. And the armchair experts may take their opinions and bark them up a tree that values them more than does this one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Benelli M2 with 24” barrel
Indian Creek tube
3” Longbeard #6

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You done hurt them fAiry boys egoz.....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

We all know what opinions are like and why.

Considering our 20's are averaging between 135 and 155 pellets from a 325 pellet payload into a 10" circle at 40 yards............. I'll take that EVERY DAY, ALL DAY LONG. And the armchair experts may take their opinions and bark them up a tree that values them more than does this one.

I'm glad you're happy.....

Still looks pretty bad to me....a dang bull frOg could jump through the holes in that pattern.

Makes me happy as I sit back in my armchair and laugh my azz off....

When you said "considering our 20s" was that a call for help ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm totally happy.

Turkeys hate it.

Good thing I don't hunt bullfrogs, I guess.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Happy happy happy......

Your pattern still sucks hind teet

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
Happy happy happy......

Actually...........my patterns suck a pair of Royal Slams, and over a two decades of having paid positions in the turkey hunting and choke tube industries because I just mighta known a little bit about it.

Ya know.......... I think you MAY actually have some practical turkey hunting and shotgun knowledge that could be beneficial to others. But, dang, son..........Dollar General sells people skills somewhere around the Little Debbie aisle. Maybe start there. I'm starting to wonder if you are, in fact, Big Stick in disguise. Or at least, his red headed stepchild. Did your mother refuse to breastfeed you because she just wanted to be friends, or something ??

Howzabout try being a addition to this room instead of a detractor. An ASSET rather than just an ass ??

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/08/22.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by LFC
Happy happy happy......

Actually...........my patterns suck a pair of Royal Slams, and over a two decades of having paid positions in the turkey hunting and choke tube industries because I just mighta known a little bit about it.

Ya know.......... I think you MAY actually have some practical turkey hunting and shotgun knowledge that could be beneficial to others. But, dang, son..........Dollar General sells people skills somewhere around the Little Debbie aisle. Maybe start there. I'm starting to wonder if you are, in fact, Big Stick in disguise. Or at least, his red headed stepchild. Did your mother refuse to breastfeed you because she just wanted to be friends, or something ??

Howzabout try being a addition to this room instead of a detractor. An ASSET rather than just an ass ??

Imo,..LFC has a very “steelhead” twang to “his” posts. Sock puppet for sure..

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
he has been just like (steelhead) from his first post

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well...........whoever is behind the mask..... Sure would be nice if he tallied more posts in the "benefit" column and fewer in the "detraction" column.

Forums suffer when it comes to civil, productive members putting folks on "ignore" lists.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I just call it like I see it...

Your pattern still sucks "Royal" hind teet.

I'd love to hear about these "paid positions in the turkey hunting and choke tube industries".....

You pay them or they pay you for these positions ?

Did I tell you about the 300 pound women I knew that could hardly get around that had some of them fancy Royal slams......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yoder can’t shoot fer chit but he’s got the nicest Kubota on the ‘campfire 👍👍

😃

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Ya think they pay him to drive a Kubota.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're sure doin' the great state of Tennessee proud.

My street cred, at this point, is none of the phuhking business of a non-contributing troll.

Hitting the "adult conversation" button, here. But, please....... you feel free to follow me for more turkey hunting education.

Best of luck this spring............if you really even do hunt turkeys. Hunt safely.

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/08/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yoder can’t shoot fer chit but he’s got the nicest Kubota on the ‘campfire 👍👍

😃

grin grin grin

The little one's a bit grimy after the last month or so of snow duty. But the other 3 are still pretty clean.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by YoderbOy

Ya know.......... I think you MAY actually have some practical turkey hunting and shotgun knowledge that could be beneficial to others.

Think so....

You wouldn't want to put your body count up against mine big bOy.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

My street cred, at this point, is none of the phuhking business of a non-contributing troll.

You're the one brAgging about your "paid positions in the turkey hunting and choke tube industry"....

I could call you a paid industry troll but I won't....because I'm a nice guy.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Ol' Yoder done stuck his head in a hOle.....

I guess his "paid job with the turkey hunting and choke industry" was like a tOp secret mission.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

You're the one brAgging about your "paid positions in the turkey hunting and choke tube industry"....

I could call you a paid industry troll but I won't....because I'm a nice guy.

Here ya go yoderbOy

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by LFC

I'll go first 12 ga. 3.5" 2 oz load of Winchester Longbeard #4's 25 yards

Same load of Winchester Longbeard #4's at 50 yards....I have to shoot it again and lower my scope some.

My pattern is similar to this at 40 yards. I consider this shooting a bit high. Do you guys like this or would you move it down to hit more center at 40? Only reason I am considering leaving it that way is for longer shots. What say you?

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I plan on lowering it a little like I said in the post....under 40 I aim base of the neck if I think he's 40 yards or more I aim at this eye/head.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Morale of this thread is don't pOke fun at a guy with fAiry dust balls.....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

I guess his "paid job with the turkey hunting and choke industry" was like a tOp secret mission.

Secret Agent man.....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

This was a great thread....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

Yeah. That's GOOD !!!! grin

Maybe this could be the start of something................ A Turkey Forum 100 yard #4 challenge !!! I mean.........we KNOW who'd win. But there could be props given for 2nd and 3rd places, right ???

We're still waiting YoderbOy.....

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
40 yards
Win Longbeard

Sheww you blew YoderbOys pattern out of the water....

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Have to be able to put one pellet in the head

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jason_Zukowski
Have to be able to put one pellet in the head

But, 2 or 3 or 50 or 100 is even mo' betta. wink grin

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
YoderbOy why not just tell who paid you in the turkey hunting and choke tube industry for over twO decades ?

The question is not going away Donnie Stark.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC
Originally Posted by LFC

This was a great thread....

I was thinking Donnie Stark....

You might just be the only prO staffer in the world that ever got paid a salary.

We're you like a CEO of prO staffers ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You wanna be me SOOOOO BAD it makes your nipples hard just to say my name.

Don't it, buddy ???

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Tell us who paid you and all this bull chit can end.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Act like a [bleep] human being for an extended period of time and I just MIGHT consider it.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR........................ Come to Unicoi and ask me in person. 😁

[quote=Little Luther]Tell us who paid you and all this bull chit can end.[/b]

P.S. It ain't "US". It's YOU. EVERYONE who's asked me like an adult ALREADY KNOWS. And I'm quite enjoying your "bull chit"..........as well as a WHOLE LOT of other folks. Why you think people keep sending me stuff to toss in your face, CornbOy ??? 🤔

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
When you're at the top of the heap there's a lot of people that hate you Donnie bOy....

Just tell and let this end....you scared I'll make fun of you ain't you Donnie ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
When you're at the top of the heap there's a lot of people that hate you Donnie bOy....

I know !!! Right ???

That's why YOU be hatin' on ME.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always thought Old Yella was the highest piled heap on the forum.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I got to admit you're trailer trash call holsters are the cAts meow....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does one even need a call when they are shooting birds over corn?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does one even need a call when they are shooting birds over corn?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Yella gets on me for killing turkeys with buckshot. (I've killed them with slugs, too. :)) Maybe I just don't agree with using #4 fairy dust on turkeys. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
I got to admit you're trailer trash call holsters are the cAts meow....

Only made & sold several hundred of them..........

Not EVERYONE is like your little flock of fanboys............willing to over-pay out the a$$ for average goods.

Holsters and cases we make are everything a guy needs and nothing he doesn't need. And the buyer better figure out who he's gonna leave it to in his will. they'll outlive most every owner.

Beyond that.............don't give the smallest $hit WHAT your opinion is of them.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
You shot turkeys with slugs off a deer stand....shewww

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. But I never attacked one with a stick.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 12/31/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I may.......however........design a corn holster. JUST for you.

What should I make the capacity of that for you ?? How much do you usually carry ??

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I need a pecker warmer...you already make those

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Yoder you ever shot a turkey with a slug or buckshot ?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Yella, don't stand too close to your lathe. I hear tell they can rip your labia right off.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Old Yella, don't stand too close to your lathe. I hear tell they can rip your labia right off.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Two retards....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There's two of you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
🤡 🤡

👍🤣👍

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

No answer....you guys must have more in common than I thought.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never killed one with a stick.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Well to be correct, it started out as what looked to be an old fence post, but later it turned into a stick.

Lead #4's must not penetrate well at 10 yards. I know pixie dust will work at longer yardages, just saying

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
They do if you hit them...

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I never killed one with a stick.

Buck shot and slugs for a mOron

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
They do if you hit them...

Thought you were some kinda of master hunter. I guess 10 yards is too far for you. Jesus, what a frigging tool you are.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Maybe I need to use buckshot like you do...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe you do. #4 is fairy dust.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
🤣🤣🤣

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LFC

Why you avoiding the question YoderheAd....all you have to do is lie.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He's probably never beaten one to death with a stick, either.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I had missed at 10 yards, I would be too embarrassed to post that.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Do you even turkey hunt ?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do.

I find it very fun and relaxing.

No corn, stands, or sticks involved.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
🤣🤣🤣

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by tater74
I do.

I find it very fun and relaxing.

No corn, stands, or sticks involved.

that's funny I don't care who you are

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Sounds like a blind sitter to me....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No bait? LFC should be taking notes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by LFC
Sounds like a blind sitter to me....

Sounds like a troll to me.
So, did you steal those signs?
Disturbing behavior from the honest man that you profess to be.

L
LFC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
They sell them on ebay check them out....

C
CFL Offline
C
Originally Posted by LFC
They sell them on ebay check them out....
Probably your dumbAss is the one that's selling them. Gotta supplement the bottle spending budget somehow. Mamie probably cut you off and why you've been peddling those goose calls to fuggin retards for $2500. Why keep going down your trumpet list at $475 a pop when you got half wits willing to dump the trust fund for an "investment" call. When you die the market will be flooded trying to cash in, maybe you can haunt the profiteers in your afterlife. I'd say you'd probably become an opossum in your next life but that might be giving you too much credit, you've drank all your brain cells away so you'll be lucky to be a sea cucumber. Lord knows you're toxic enough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1_deuce, 22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 41 invisible), 1,986 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,067
Posts18,463,501
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.