Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I've looked at Midway a few times when ordering and they were always higher priced than most places I found. I can't recall ever ordering from them because of it.

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I shop by total shipped price, wherever that takes me. Lately I’ve been buying .22s and shotshells from Rogers and Sportsmans Guide because they have free shipping on generally good prices, and have stuff others seem to struggle getting. Sometimes Larry is the only choice for tools I need, so he gets the nod. His policy of limiting ammo purchases to 3 boxes may be good for those who need hunting ammo, but I usually shoot that many every week at clays, and it would cost me a bundle on shipping and keep the UPS man pretty busy. I can get a case from Rogers, cheaper per box, and with free shipping.

I shop the same way! Living in Alaska, it’s hard to get some companies to even ship here. I got a good laugh on Saturday. I ordered a charging handle from DVOR.com and it arrived in a huge box all by itself. My son ordered a gas block and a buffer spring from BDU, you could have put three pairs of size 12 work boots in the box they shipped it in, good grief. Many times I do not order as the shipping on what I am trying to order is a lot more than the item I’m ordering. Mention flat rate boxes to some of these companies and they seem to get insulted. That tells me they make more money shipping the item than selling it. Too many times I’ve been charged x amount for shipping only to have it cost 2/3’s less, I’ve yet to have that difference ever refunded to me.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Proud as a Peacock…. Brenda must have a house full of high $ heels 👠

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 405wcf
of his reloading supplies. I needed some .264" 140 gr Sierra Match Kings. MidSouth has them for $44, I can order them direct from Sierra for $50, and Larry wants $53! Also needed a box of Lapua 260 Rem brass. In the past this cost me around $105, but we know prices have gone up. MidSouth has them for $119, Larry is asking $147!!!

It's his store and he can ask what he wants. Midway has often been a bit higher than others, a couple of bucks here and there. When he is asking more than the manufacturer? It does not put him in a very good light.

Kind of sad to see.

405wcf

Go find them cheaper

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Basco
Proud as a Peacock…. Brenda must have a house full of high $ heels 👠

Well he sure as hell isn't spending any of his money on orthodontia work.

My heart's in the mountains, my heart is not here.
My heart's in the mountains, chasing the deer.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I placed an order with Midsouth shooters supply on the 19th still processing. Don't think Larry would have been there.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Typed up a product review on MIdway site, then it told me I had to disable ad block.

Bad Midway!

No review!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I shop by total shipped price, wherever that takes me.

Me too. Bottom line is the price to my door. I don’t care who I buy from, but this fall Midway has been the cheapest most of the time for components and equipment.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by scottishkat
I placed an order with Midsouth shooters supply on the 19th still processing. Don't think Larry would have been there.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Took Midsouth 11 days before they shipped my order, but they were saying up to 10 days.

I want to know how Midway can ship in less then 24 hrs every time when Midsouth, Grafs, or Natchez can often take days before they ship……

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
It's the investment they made in their automated shipping process.
Should be a youtube video that shows it.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

637 members (06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 67 invisible), 2,043 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,917
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.