-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Have you replaced accessory bulbs (backup, interior, puddle) etc?

Are they significantly brighter? Especially reverse?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Replaced back up bulbs with LED in my truck. Yes, they are significantly brighter.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I replaced the backups in my '08 Dodge Ram. It easily doubled the light output. They're actually somewhat useful now. Before they were totally worthless. A pair of them cost $18. That was very cheap considering how much brighter they are.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Good to know. Thanks.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I've done the interior LEDs and they are a lot more light. Sometimes too much, in that you pop on the dome light and there goes your night vision.

One of the best things I did on my truck was sink 2 flush mount LEDs in the rear bumper. I plow with that truck, so it spends plenty of time in reverse and it is awesome to have full visibility behind you.

I used some cheap ebay or amazon ones, and they have been flawless functionally. However, the finish is completely trashed and they look like cheap ebay LEDs now. Were I doing it again, I'd likely go with these or bide the bullet and go rigid.

https://www.blackoakled.com/product...-2-0?_pos=3&_sid=3647e67a2&_ss=r

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cwh2
I've done the interior LEDs and they are a lot more light. Sometimes too much, in that you pop on the dome light and there goes your night vision.

One of the best things I did on my truck was sink 2 flush mount LEDs in the rear bumper. I plow with that truck, so it spends plenty of time in reverse and it is awesome to have full visibility behind you.

I used some cheap ebay or amazon ones, and they have been flawless functionally. However, the finish is completely trashed and they look like cheap ebay LEDs now. Were I doing it again, I'd likely go with these or bide the bullet and go rigid.

https://www.blackoakled.com/product...-2-0?_pos=3&_sid=3647e67a2&_ss=r

I'm just looking to do a bulb swap. I won't need the light in the summer. wink

The blackoak look pretty skookum!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have found the cheaper bulbs put out less light. I guess you get what you pay for.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
These are the ones I put in my Dodge for backups. There are so many on the market that I just picked one with good reviews at random and got lucky. They're nice and bright.
LED BACKUPS

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
H4 LED bulbs have the most problems because of their more complex design. Half of them can be identified only after purchase. Here are some disadvantages that I have noticed. The light output goes down, the distance illuminated is reduced by 2 times; poor assembly, as a consequence of poor heat dissipation and overheating of the LED and its blinking; different light direction, there were samples in which the diodes are not installed evenly, during tests of the light and shadow line lamps shone differently; lamp overheating due to ill-thought cooling or because there is no fan. It is better to use LEDs as decoration inside the salon, such as Vont. Also, LEDs have inflated brightness. Chinese marketing writes huge numbers to buy a named LED, but not xenon.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I replaced them in my slide in camper. Significantly brighter and a heck of a lot less draw on my batteries

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Like rock Chuck above, I got THESE for my ‘11 Superduty. Seem to be significantly brighter in terms of lumens and the color difference from halogens (blue-white vs yellowish) is a big improvement.

THESE on the other hand only have the color difference and don’t seem to be significantly more lumens in my ‘95 Tacoma. Still an improvement, just not as much.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put led headlights in my jeep and they are way brighter but changed the tail lights and they weren't as bright. Still have to adjust my headlights or live with getting flashed. I did my complete camper to led and get way more light and battery holds up much longer.

Last edited by DANNYL; 04/06/22.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (160user, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,881 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,832
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.