Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
HA HA!

One thing I've been happy to do is answer questions asked by PM, because that often avoids dealing with the real dicks....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
HA HA!

One thing I've been happy to do is answer questions asked by PM, because that often avoids dealing with the real dicks....

Yep

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep, thanks for being here!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I often refer to previous conversations and load recommendations, to the point of having some saved in a file. The information on the load data for 9.3x62 was amazing when I first bought one, and bang on too. Thanks MD from the other side of the world.

Experience is something you get, just after you needed it.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
HA HA!

It's those Canadians Jordan and Dwayne again, isn't it?

LOL.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
... Yes... Thank You MD... I have always considered this place as "OZ".. and Mule Deer the "Wizard"...

Perhaps not.

The wizard of oz was a phony!

I did not know that as i never watched the the whole movie... Anyway, I meant it as the highest compliment!...

I knew how it was intended. Just that JB ain’t a phony.

Happy for your contributions John.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
John, it must have been around 30 years ago I read one of your articles in Rifle or Handloader, you commented that you had kept a detailed record of every game animal you had shot or seen shot. That made a big impression on me and I started watching for your articles and paying attention to them.

I greatly appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge here.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have always appreciated John's accessibility as well. Good guy, and a benefit to all of us.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yup. Agree.

The stuff John B has taught me through his articles and books... I just picked up some more info on an article about setting up dies for straighter case necks & better accuracy... Stuff I sure didn't know.

Thanks John, keep it up! You've got a loyal fan base here for sure.

Regards, Guy

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thanks JB, always solid info and gentlemanly delivery.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I have been a member of the Fire for many years but rarely post. MD/JB has shown time and time again over the years that he is a true gentleman and when he posts I pay attention. Many, many years ago I was looking to purchase some good quality binos on a tight budget and on his recommendation I bought some for Doug at Cameraland - I am still using them and I just got back from a trip during which I used the binos plenty and remain grateful for the good advice. Thank you JB and to the others that have and continue to share their knowledge and experience (Scenarshooter, Dogzapper, Mackay Sagebrush etc.).

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
DFQ's must make mule deer tired some days. I do not know how he does it ! He actually knows what he is talking about. Not just arm chair theory and BS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
JB always makes himself available to share his life long experience. I have benefited from his knowledge many times.

Thanks again JB

This. Thanks John!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
He is one of my favorite posters!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks again, guys!

Have learned many lessons from older gun writers over the years, including both Elmer Keith and Jack O'Connor. Both wrote from extensive personal experience, and while they disagreed about "adequate" cartridges, they also knew how to take the reader along on their hunts--which I suspect is at least as important as technical knowledge.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks as the others have said.

That was right around 30 years ago. Craig Boddington was still editing the magazine then, and hired me. We'd already known each other for a decade!

Just read in the newspaper today that my dads local gun club where we skeet shoot at is getting much of Craig Boddingtons trophies and other memorabilia for display as they convert an old downtown 3 story JC Penney store into a museum/store/indoor range. They’re excited about it. Not sure his connection to a Independence, KS but found it interesting to read today and then stumble in his mention in this thread.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Craig was born and raised in Kansas.

John Steinbeck
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I too wish to convey my appreciation for your contributions here. The amount of technical knowledge that JB shares here is only outshined by his practical knowledge and “real world” experience.

I also appreciate the decorum and patience he has with us. After answering the same questions a thousand times I’d expect a certain level of impatience or annoyance but he still politely answers the questions and freely shares his opinions and experience.

John….thank you! You are a great asset to this motley group. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not one to jump in on the usual "stroke the other campfire member" threads. However, I don't consider this one of those threads. It's not very often when someone in John's line of work takes the time to correspond regularly with the "regular guy". I for one, on a couple of occasions, have taken the opportunity to correspond with John. I can say that on each occurrence it was to my great benefit. What little I do know of John, he is a generally humble guy. I personally want to take the opportunity on this open public forum to say "Thank you John, you are a credit to your profession and to those of us who partake in our joint areas of interest".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Another BIG thanks to John (and Eileen). I have been a fan almost from the beginning.
By the way, Rifles and Recipes is the best $10.00 you will ever spend.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

554 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 257 roberts, 62 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,286
Posts18,448,851
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.