24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
OP Offline
I have no experience with any reloading software, but I am curious about what is available out there. I hear a lot of references to Quickload (which appears to be the gold standard), and not much else. How do other reloading softwares compare?

Cheers,
Frosty

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
There is one or two online programs but QL and Shooting software are the only ones I know of that you can purchase and load on your computer.

https://www.shootingsoftware.com/

https://www.neconos.com/

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Gordon's Reloading Tool is a free predictive package. I've grown to like it as a sanity check.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gordon's Reloading Tool is actually pretty darned good...looks a helluva lot like QuickLOAD to me, results-wise. It sure as hell can't be beat for the price.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Are you looking for predictive software along the lines of Quickload, or documentation?

IC B2

OP Offline
Thanks for the replies so far. I am mostly interested in predictive software, but I think I am still at the point where I don't know what I don't know. I load for some older rounds that don't have a lot of reloading data available (for modern powders). Ideally I am looking for something that will give me estimates for starting loads and let me relate powder charges and chronograph results with pressures.

I have looked at some Quickload videos on Youtube and had a look at the Quickload website, but I choked a bit at the price (especially the way our exchange rate is these days). Hopefully it follows the adage, you get what you pay for. I do have some concern about spending a chuck of money and ending up with something that is beyond my comprehension. Although I get the sense that it is as involved as you want to make it.

I have also looked at some Gordon's Reloading Tool videos after the suggestions above. That definitely looks like another option.

I would be interested in documentation as well, just to read up on what is out there and get a rough idea as to how involved the software is.

OP Offline
Just realized I may have misinterpreted what 'documentation' is. If that is reference to the algorithms, coding, or powder models, it would be over my head.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have Gordon's reloading tool installed in a couple of my linux computers. It's impressive!

It's doubtful that I will be using this program to it's capabilities, but it still has a lot of good info within a few clicks.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
I've recently been using GRT for a 9.3x62mm and it's been disappointing. It's predictions are 200+ fps off (fortunately higher) from what the chrony is telling me.

But hey - it's free.

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
F
F
I just left Gordon's website and his wife posted that he has passed away.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 53 invisible), 2,708 guests, and 1,093 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.