Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Idk how impossible this pipedream is but if we didn't have to see threads from users we have on ignore, that would be awesome. Thanks for everything though, love the site. Appreciate you having it for everyone.

GB4 (EMPTY)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I think that’s a function of the forum software as well as if Ricky wants it set up that way. Even if he agreed, it might not be possible to set up.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
I think that’s a function of the forum software as well as if Ricky wants it set up that way. Even if he agreed, it might not be possible to set up.

Word. It would be nice if all of the ignored people's posts never showed, including when they're quoted though.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Does this site not have a moderator for forums? The behavior that we are seeing on the RPM topic is beyond anything we should be having to read past. I have used the ignore function but the topic is being killed by content that should be "moderated" I would think. If tolerated, it will be thus encouraged. Encouraged, it will metastasize and kill civil discourse.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fury01
Does this site not have a moderator for forums? The behavior that we are seeing on the RPM topic is beyond anything we should be having to read past. I have used the ignore function but the topic is being killed by content that should be "moderated" I would think. If tolerated, it will be thus encouraged. Encouraged, it will metastasize and kill civil discourse.

The great hallmark of the fire has always been it's VERY light hand when it comes to moderation.

Many much prefer a place where a person suffers the slings and arrows from time to time to have unfettered access to the truth. Much like "wherever there is fear in a business, you can't trust the numbers" - wherever there is fear in on-line discussion (of moderation) you can't trust the answers.

Me

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
What happened? Big Stick show up?

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Roger that. I can live with that.
Thanks for the answer.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How do you activate the "ignore" aspect of this forum?

Jack
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go to their profile and click on ignore.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Go to their profile and click on ignore.

Thank you.

Jack
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can’t say that I have anyone on ignore and can’t understand why so many are reliant on it, but whatever. There’s lots of folk’s posts that I pass on by if I don’t like how they behave. For a site full of so called conservatives, I am constantly amazed at how often people want big brother to step in and “regulate”, so their sensitive feelings don’t get hurt by having someone mean posting on threads.

Carry on I guess but the one reason why I visit this site and none others is the lack of moderation and the freedom to post what I want, in a general sense. For that, I thank you Rick.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Because they are puzzies, dats Y

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's just electrons folks.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I can’t say that I have anyone on ignore and can’t understand why so many are reliant on it, but whatever. There’s lots of folk’s posts that I pass on by if I don’t like how they behave. For a site full of so called conservatives, I am constantly amazed at how often people want big brother to step in and “regulate”, so their sensitive feelings don’t get hurt by having someone mean posting on threads.

Carry on I guess but the one reason why I visit this site and none others is the lack of moderation and the freedom to post what I want, in a general sense. For that, I thank you Rick.

This. I am a big boy and if I don't like it I just keep scrolling.

Pretty simple.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
yep

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 15 invisible), 1,678 guests, and 663 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,724
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

ROW 1
ROW 2
Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
ROW 3
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
TD RANDOM