Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yeah, the UTG pro was US made but the screws were junk.
They sent me the new style quick ( exc customer service ) but the new screws also sucked.

Had to go outside the loop to get it right.
Think I spent 13 bucks total for the fix. Plus my time.

I like torx better anyway. The heads were a little smaller but hell theres 6 of em and they were close enough in dia.

May upgrade to an Aero. Its just a backup yote rifle so proly dont need to waste more money on it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by hookeye; 01/23/22.
ARIC

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by hookeye
They sent me the new style quick ( exc customer service ) but the new screws also sucked.

I like torx better anyway. The heads were a little smaller but hell theres 6 of em and they were close enough in dia.

May upgrade to an Aero. Its just a backup yote rifle so proly dont need to waste more money on it.

That's a nice looking handguard. I didn't have any issues with my screws.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

I got one of those km tactical float tubes you were talking about. I got the one you have to time. But the two shims the supplied worked perfect.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

I got one of those km tactical float tubes you were talking about. I got the one you have to time. But the two shims the supplied worked perfect.

Hey, I thought that looked familiar on your new build. That m lok looks great on that rifle. You'll have to keep us updated on how it holds up. What are your initial impressions of it? Price is very reasonable.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was impressed with fit and finish now how durable will
It be?? I don’t know I’m not one for hucking my rifle across the yard to test the durability. I truly don’t know what guys do on here to test the durability on such items?

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

IC B2

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 79S
It be?? I don’t know I’m not one for hucking my rifle across the yard to test the durability. I truly don’t know what guys do on here to test the durability on such items?

Well I rolled a 4 wheeler with one stuck in the rack on the handlebars. Figured that was a good test but one I don’t wish to repeat…

Last edited by TWR; 01/23/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah, me neither. I was hoping you are a little harder on your stuff than I am. At most, I use a bi-pod for shooting from the bench, or prone, but that is about it. I don't hang big heavy flashlights off the handguards or any other tacticool device on them. I'm a minimalist in that regard. I actually sold the NSR look alike and made a profit at one of my clubs gunshows. I decided to keep the one without the full rail. Both great handguards, as far as I could tell.. Damn hard to beat the price tag too. I know I posted this before in another thread, but a buddy and I were at an AR shop and saw some handguards for $270.00+. There wasn't a damn bit of difference between the one I paid $87 for and those, except for who made it. Both handguards made in the USA as well... Keep us posted buddy..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by 79S

Well I rolled a 4 wheeler with one stuck in the rack on the handlebars. Figured that was a good test but one I don’t wish to repeat…

That would have been a good thread. Pictures would have been great too.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by 79S

That was an unintentional check on durability.. my bud a several yrs ago just graduated AIT he reclassed. Anyhow takes leave before he has to report to ft hood. Heads home to Idaho goes deer hunting with friends. He’s putting along a road on a wheeler, somehow manages to roll wheeler. He had his Kimber rifle, he broke his leg and cracked the stock. He layed up their for few hours until his hunting partners found him. Sent the rifle back to Kimber and they put a new stock on it along with a new barrel. Another unintentional check on durability lol. Oh and he got out of hood assignment they sent him to Carson closest installation cause he ended up in Utah to surgery on his leg.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good luck that missing Hood I think. We used to shoot at Hood a lot. That was another damn hot and dry dusty place.. Did I mention it was hot.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

I don't see any weight listed on that rail.

Did either of you weigh the ones you've used before installing it?

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

MM

Dang, I did not. I will say it was very comparable to my Noveske rails. For a long time, those NSR's were the chidt and known for being very light. A 15" NSR weighed in around 11-12 ozs with the steel barrel nut. The knockoffs are so similar to the Noveske rails, it isn't even funny. I also believe they are made in the USA.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK, thanks.

MM

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

MM

I got 16 ounces on my scale. I ordered another a few days ago it showed up today. Remembered to weigh this time.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

MM

I got 16 ounces on my scale. I ordered another a few days ago it showed up today. Remembered to weigh this time.

You must like them if you ordered another one. I like mine as well... You should try the half rail next time..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I can't remember who was wanting $270 for the same exact thing.... ????? This one pictured was only $90. I went to this style because the ones that are timed, can be a biotch sometimes. That includes the $250 Noveske NSR's.. You guys already know that though..

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

MM

You must like them if you ordered another one. I like mine as well... You should try the half rail next time..
I can't remember who was wanting $270 for the same exact thing.... ????? This one pictured was only $90. I went to this style because the ones that are timed, can be a biotch sometimes. That includes the $250 Noveske NSR's.. You guys already know that though..

I prefer full rail keeps it service rifle legal. Can’t use half rails for service rifle setup.. Not my rules, CMP/NRA rules.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

79S & BSA,

MM

I prefer full rail keeps it service rifle legal. Can’t use half rails for service rifle setup.. Not my rules, CMP/NRA rules.

Ah, I see. Good thing they don't make you shooot old school schidt huh? ha ha..

This would be a fun one. Remember when they looked like this? You up late man. What you doing? Stoking the fire? Just put some coal on it and go back to sleep....

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s only midnight up here, some guys still use the ol A2 platforms, like you have. But majority now use optics with A2 hand guards on a float tubes. I just prefer the free float hand guards.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
It’s only midnight up here, some guys still use the ol A2 platforms, like you have. But majority now use optics with A2 hand guards on a float tubes. I just prefer the free float hand guards.

Yeah, I hear you on that. The freefloat handuards help with accuracy. This old Colt does pretty good though with its A2 handguard. I won't change it any time soon. How's the weather been down there? Figured you'd be showed in by now. Probably cold a fu ck there anyway. 19 deg. F here now.. Probably much colder where you live.

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Currently balmy 19 degrees and it snowed some yesterday not a whole lot though. Been a decent winter up here, we did go a week of of -15 type weather that sucked lol

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
693 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,707 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.