24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I attended the first night game in the history of WVU. They beat Doug Flutie and BC that night. Then I was at the 2nd one a few weeks later when WVU broke a 28 game losing streak against Penn State.

Don't know how a lot of the other stadiums stack up. And I won't be rude and insult them by trying. I just love the atmosphere. Night games and night races are just plain cool. I'm sure there are a lot of cool places to watch a game on saturday night. I wouldn't mind going to them and writing it all up if anyone is willing to pay my way. smile

Will

Last edited by Penguin; 09/22/07.

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
BP-B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've attended 2 night games at Tiger Stadium, it was pretty quiet both times....

Scott ... what games?

-WGM-
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chrome
Georgia is a very young team. Two of those offensive linemen were playing high school ball this time last year...
Their talented and well coached but they will loose a few for beginning so inexperienced.

Florida looked beatable... Ole Miss always plays them tough.

I'm not sure any SEC team will make it undefeated.

How many home games does LSU have ? 13.....

Looks to me like LSU/UF on Oct 6th wont mean much in the overall picture, cept to do what we always do...beat each other up...it will merely be game 1 of a 2 game series this season. Gotta say that I'll have to see it to believe it to believe Tebow can run as much as he did today and survive against LSU.

War Damn Eagle!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
LSU/FL 1991 & 1993. The 16-0 game in '91 was kinda quiet, the 58-3 game in '93 was STUPID quiet....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin
I attended the first night game in the history of WVU. They beat Doug Flutie and BC that night. Then I was at the 2nd one a few weeks later when WVU broke a 28 game losing streak against Penn State.

Don't know how a lot of the other stadiums stack up. And I won't be rude and insult them by trying. I just love the atmosphere. Night games and night races are just plain cool. I'm sure there are a lot of cool places to watch a game on saturday night. I wouldn't mind going to them and writing it all up if anyone is willing to pay my way. smile

Will

Will,

Come to the AU/Bama game in Nov...I'll feed ya, and may even have an extra ticket...they wont be tough to purchase I fear. But the atmosphere is always top notch regardless.

War Damn Eagle!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That explains it.

Steely, LSU didn't really discover the game of football until about 1995. Up until then they thought it was merely a poorly shaped basketball. No wonder it was quiet... nobody showed up. smile

WIll

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So far, none of the 4 teams LSU has played have had their starting quarterback make it all game long ... either due to LSU beating him up, or the coach pulling him due to lack of ability to get anything going ...

LSU has also knocked out quite a few players on each team in each game ... I think we 'injured' about 3 of South Carolina's players this evening, if not more ... Seemed like every time SC had the ball, there was at least one injury time out with an SC player lying of the field ...

Tebow can play, and he can run for sure ... but if he tries that junk all night against LSU, he may very well end up leaving the field with help ...

-WGM-
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by chrome

How many home games does LSU have ? 13.....

8 Why?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
LSU/FL 1991 & 1993. The 16-0 game in '91 was kinda quiet, the 58-3 game in '93 was STUPID quiet....

Yah ... I wasn't in town for the '91 game ... but was at the '93 game ... and I can't disagree with you about how quiet it was ... That game sucked pretty bad for us, in all respects...

Things are quite a bit different now though ... Haven't been to a game any less than 'rowdy' in many years here in the bayou ... Come on down anytime and party with us ... I'd like to leave you with a new look on our fans and our stadium etiquette ... (grin)

-WGM-
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
LSU guys...I saw something in that game that made me wonder a bit about Miles. He ran a flea-flicker late in that game with like a 28-10 lead. Now, while thats not a HUGE lead...its plenty of lead with that team, and that looked a little like trying to pile it on the "Ol ball coach"...that wont be forgotten. But maybe Miles don't plan on being around the SEC much longer? smile

War Damn Eagle!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Will

Will,

Come to the AU/Bama game in Nov...I'll feed ya, and may even have an extra ticket...they wont be tough to purchase I fear. But the atmosphere is always top notch regardless.

That would be one hell of a deal Jim. But that is the opening week of deer season. I probably won't be out of the woods until Thanksgiving.

Tell you what though, I would love to make a trip down to SEC country one day and see a game. Maybe we could work it out sometime. I would even leave my Wisconsin gear in the closet. smile

Will

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Will

Will,

That would be one hell of a deal Jim. But that is the opening week of deer season. I probably won't be out of the woods until Thanksgiving.

Tell you what though, I would love to make a trip down to SEC country one day and see a game. Maybe we could work it out sometime. I would even leave my Wisconsin gear in the closet. smile

Will

Yeah, its our opening week too...but my buddy has his lease just a 10 minute ride from the stadium...with a nice camper too...so we get to do both that weekend.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just wondering.....

I see they travel to Kentucky, that ought to be a shoot out.

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

We'll try to work something out sometime early seaons sometime then.

War Damn Eagle!

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by WGM
Tebow can play, and he can run for sure ... but if he tries that junk all night against LSU, he may very well end up leaving the field with help ...

Tebow can run for sure,but he didn't look too good today in the passing game..Make him stay in the pocket and throw it......

Last edited by jwp475; 09/22/07.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nobody has figured out, yet, how to contain Tebow to the pocket ...

LSU's defense is best in the SEC, if not in the NCAA ... but even still, I'm not sure he can be contained ...

He can, however, be hit hard and bruised up ... LSU's defensive boys are really, really good at doing that.

-WGM-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LSU guys...I saw something in that game that made me wonder a bit about Miles. He ran a flea-flicker late in that game with like a 28-10 lead. Now, while thats not a HUGE lead...its plenty of lead with that team, and that looked a little like trying to pile it on the "Ol ball coach"...that wont be forgotten. But maybe Miles don't plan on being around the SEC much longer? smile

The game was still in play....Spurrier was still passing the ball in that 58-3 game when time ran out, so I hardly think anybody would call what Miles did running up the score. LSU had the ball when time ran out and took a knee three times, IIRC.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still can't get over how bad Notre Dame is.......

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I still can't get over how bad Notre Dame is.......

Amen, brother ... (might be a pun in there) .... LOL

-WGM-
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can.......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
137 members (10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 12 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 836 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.