Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by FatCity67
No one here can go through their lives without consuming something that isn't from, made buy, sold, promoted and or sourced by some woke multinational conglomerate.
You’re ruining the cancel vibe, man.

It's my thing.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
BP-B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by pahick
For those that ordered......check your bank statements. I used paypal to purchase. I was charged 29.30. I was then credited 29.30. So not sure whats up.

My $27.00 was deducted today.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Mine got shipped this morning.
I check my CC account a couple times a week to watch for bad charges. I see that Dickies charged my card as ordered but then REFUNDED 95 cents the next day. I wonder what that was all about.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My actual charge was $28.96 and I got a "Shipped" email this morning. Oddly, the initial purchase showed a total of $30.24, which included Utah state sales tax.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More clearance deals FYI :

https://www.dickies.com/sale

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
ironically, Dickies are big with the lesbian crowd. Thought i'd throw that out there.

I buy their socks.

(Dickies, not Lesbians)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I put this on the 'alternative to Carhartt' thread but added it here in case anyone else is interested.

This is normally priced at $90. Clearance price on their website is $27, free shipping. Imported but supposedly not from China. Dickies is an old reputable brand found in many farm stores. It has odd looking cuffs, though.
DICKIES COAT

[Linked Image from dickies.com]

Nice looking coat by Dickies. They make quality coats and jackets. It might be my next pick when next I want to shop.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have always been a fan of Walls

Do I have to drop them?

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There used to be a Dickies and a Walls factory
outlet store not far from here where you could
pick up irregulars and uh-ohs for nearly nothing.
I still have a couple of barn/chore coats ( or
whatever they're called this week) that were less
than 10 dollars apiece, and a uniform type jacket
with a XXXXXL label sewn in ( damn who wears
one of those?) bought 2 of those for 5 dollars each.
Used to go buy insulated coveralls every year
from Walls at their outlet. Not quite as cheap,
but way less than the top shelf retail items.
Sometimes needed about 5 minutes worth of
sewing at home, but big woop. Save 30-40 dollars

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Raeford

Do I have to drop them?
Walls is owned by Dickies which is turn is owned by the VF Corp. VF owns a bunch of familiar stuff like Jansport and Northface among others.
Lets face it. Buying straight American is almost impossible these days. It's all owned by these multi-national mega-conglomerates. As soon as a quality small company makes good money, some mega-company will buy them out. Even America's rodeo and western brand, Wranglers, is now owned by an international company.

― George Orwell

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a Carhart insulated vest and a HD hoodie the mopwringer got me years ago. They're both warm and sturdy. Too sturdy.

They are THE most uncomfortable things I've ever tried to wear outdoors. Collar on the vest is like wearing a Conibear around your neck. Can't move my head/neck while plowing snow, with that damn jacket on. Too fookin' stiff. Tempted to take it down to my buddy's and running it through his corn drier, to see if it loosens up. But it'd probably catch afire and ruin hundreds of bushels of corn?

By comparison, borrowed a guy's baby schit brown Dickies insulated hoodie and it was no problem at all to move in comfortably. And less expensive. Got my son a set of Dickies insulated bibs when he worked in construction about ten years ago. Warmer than my camo insulated bibs and he still uses them. They're black, so the Urban League would approve.

No longer get too worked up over "boycotts". Don't buy Leatherman stuff, shop at Dick's, or spend money at the more obvious Libturd retailers. Never owned a pair of Levis. Buy Lee jeans at a local outlet and have for decades.

Here's a phrase RC might endorse as the proper response, if he was just a tad friskier? GFY.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We had a forklift driver at my old job that bought one of those stiff Carhart jackets. It was hilarious when he would sit down on the forklift, the jacket was so stiff that it would ride up to the top of his ears. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Wolverine, the boot company, claims that their boots are US made. They also have a line of outdoor clothing but I think it's all imported. I have a coat that's 8 or 10 years old and still has some years of wear left in it. Chinese of course. Its very similar to Carhartt and is about as stiff. It's has quite a few holes and my latest trick was wearing it while changing oil on my diesel pickup. As I pulled the plug, a gust of wind caught the oil and splattered it all over me. The coat is pretty black on 1 shoulder and it likely will never wear off.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raeford

Do I have to drop them?
Walls is owned by Dickies which is turn is owned by the VF Corp. VF owns a bunch of familiar stuff like Jansport and Northface among others.
Lets face it. Buying straight American is almost impossible these days. It's all owned by these multi-national mega-conglomerates. As soon as a quality small company makes good money, some mega-company will buy them out. Even America's rodeo and western brand, Wranglers, is now owned by an international company.

Wrangler/Lee were a part of VF until very recently.
My Walls stuff is old[very], guessing it's from when Walls was Walls...I hope.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
tube,

Throw your vest in the dryer, on cold fluff.
Let it churn for the max time.
That should soften things up.

If you were a Westerner,
you would wear it in
from the inside!😉

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by pahick
For those that ordered......check your bank statements. I used paypal to purchase. I was charged 29.30. I was then credited 29.30. So not sure whats up.

My $27.00 was deducted today.

Mine got shipped this morning.
I check my CC account a couple times a week to watch for bad charges. I see that Dickies charged my card as ordered but then REFUNDED 95 cents the next day. I wonder what that was all about.

Originally Posted by RockyRaab
My actual charge was $28.96 and I got a "Shipped" email this morning. Oddly, the initial purchase showed a total of $30.24, which included Utah state sales tax.

My account is still showing 29.30 charged, 29.30 credit. Maybe theyll charge me in a few days. Who knows?

And FedEx updated to Wednesday now.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Buying any kind of work or hunting boots that aren't made in China or Vietnam, is nigh impossible. Wore Carolina and Georgia work boots for years, they went ChiCom long ago. Bought a pair of Rocky 800 gram boots at least 20 years ago. China.

Have a pair of Wolverine pigskin light weight waterproof 200 gram boots, that got to be at least 30 years old? Vibrams are barely but a memory for depth. But the uppers are like new. US made. Every pair of Wolverines I've bought in the past 20 years, made in China. But they're all comfy and lasting well.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
sjc Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Boots made in the USA:
Nick’s Boots
West Coast Boots (WESCO)
White’s Boots
Russell Boots (great hunting boots with moccasin toes)
Hoffman Boots (most are made in the USA but not all)

None of these are cheap but they last forever and can be rebuilt because they are sewn and not glued together.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by dubePA
Buying any kind of work or hunting boots that aren't made in China or Vietnam, is nigh impossible. Wore Carolina and Georgia work boots for years, they went ChiCom long ago. Bought a pair of Rocky 800 gram boots at least 20 years ago. China.

Have a pair of Wolverine pigskin light weight waterproof 200 gram boots, that got to be at least 30 years old? Vibrams are barely but a memory for depth. But the uppers are like new. US made. Every pair of Wolverines I've bought in the past 20 years, made in China. But they're all comfy and lasting well.
Maybe 45 or 50 years ago the EPA outlawed the glue used in glue-on soles. It was one of their early regulations after they were created in 1970. There was nothing else that worked so all glue-on boots went offshore. With 1 mindless regulation, the EPA killed the entire US shoe making industry. A rep from Danner told me this. I don't know if anyone has invented a decent glue since then. I sure don't see many US made shoes in the stores.

― George Orwell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Back to Dickies. I ordered the coat Saturday. Since then I've had at least a dozen spam emails from them. As soon as the coat arrives I'm blocking their number. They aren't making any friends with their spam.

― George Orwell

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.