24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Production quality is getting better! I think it turned out pretty well!

https://youtu.be/lJBTaDUnoRg

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
BP-B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
That's a great video and the Billy ain't no slouch either. Well done sir!

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for watching! And yes, he's a very, VERY special billy for a lot of reasons!

"When the last deer disappears into the morning mist, When the last elk vanishes from the hills, When the last buffalo falls on the plains, I will hunt mice for I am a hunter and I must have my freedom." Chief Joseph
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Great Video! Thanks for sharing

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Glad you enjoyed it! Tell you friends wink

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I thought you said in the video that it was a nanny?

Originally Posted by Bulls_Bucks_Boars
Thanks for watching! And yes, he's a very, VERY special billy for a lot of reasons!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
That was a joke, after I the shot a couple of the guys tried to tell me it was a nanny. in the video you can hear me tell one of them to come kiss 'whatever it was I was looking' at if they were so sure it was still a nanny

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
That makes way more sense..... I was watching it on my phone with no wifi, so I skipped around a bunch.

Looked like a hell of an expedition. Congrats.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Ya it’s not that “nothing could ever top it “ but more that it was so unique nothing really will ever compare

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Nice Billy, good hunt. Being from Wallow a county, it's nice to see you enjoyed yourself. Not many know how steep and rough lot of the county really is, your film shows it well. Congratulations on your Goat!

IC B3

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks! Ya that's some crazy country! I'm from tillamook county. Coastie to the core lol! The only time I've ever even been over there before this was during bow season in '14 when I drew sled. I've hunted two continents, 4 western states and traveled and scuba dove at least a dozen more countries, nothing has ever felt more foreign to me than being up on those peaks!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Lovely video , congratulations. I have hunted in NW Oregon since the early 60's and still treasure my days I spend there. I love the high places, but I haven't many years more in them. You drove by my house getting there and ate at one of our favorite breakfast spots in the Dalles. I have friends in La Grande, My second elk came from the Chesnimnus Unit north of there and a couple from Hells Canyon. Your video brought back lots of memories. Again congratulations on your goat.

Last edited by elkmen1; 03/02/22.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Haha! Small world, my buddy always mentions Cousin’s every time we drive by. Usually though in the dead on night on a redeye-bonsai drive to Idaho. NEO is a special place, depending on the draw this year, we might be spending most of September in a near by unit again this year…

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hunted deer there last fall steep does not begin to describe that country!

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bulls Bucks Boars: Congratulations and well done on the dandy trophy Mt. Goat!
Good for you and thanks for the link to your video - it was well done also - except for the horrific, overbearing and disconcerting music!
As a veteran of numerous Mt. Goat Hunts in the Cascades as well as four Mt. Goat Hunts in SE Alaska and three in Montana, I "appreciate" the steepness of Mt. Goat country.
Glad you all were safe.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool hunt - thanks for bringing us along. And congrats!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
As I eluded to, being from the north Oregon coast, I THOUGHT I knew the meaning of "steep and deep..."

I do now lol that shale can kiss my @$$

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thank you! it was truly unforgettable in every sense! And I truly appreciate the support.

PS sorry about the music... its really the worst part of video producing. Staying kosher with all the copyright red tape and finding things music that fits/is appropriate is almost as much of a challenge as the hunt itself. Thankyou for bearing through it and watching!

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
thanks for watching!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
206 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 21 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.