Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
Jim1611 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I feel for the people that live in the Ukraine but why should the United States get involved in another engagement that may end in American blood being spilled and nothing accomplished? biden will not commit to backing Putin down. No democrat and 99% of the republicans will either. I know of only one man that would or could at this point and he was cheated out of office. So why get involved?

GB1

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I really have been paying ZERO attention to it. So I'm sure some here will be along to holler at me...

My feeling is.... we are not the world police... we don't need to get involved in every playground scuffle to try and play the hero role..

Our country is run by tyrants and thieves and is already trillions in debt.

Our young soldiers should battle for OUR Country and not the interests of rich politicians.

What does America have to gain if we go in?
More dead Americans?
More debt?
More weakened national security?
More pork barrel spending?

The only reason. We would get involved is if some kocksmoking politician has something to gain or hide..

Hunt...
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Part of the reason for Putin's hostility is because the us Government has been courting Ukraine to join NATO. There are other reasons, but that don't help.

I'm all for friendship and trade with all nations, entangling alliances with none.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Ukraine can put up a heck of a fight,they have been preparing for this for a long time. Poland will ally with Ukraine and then NATO will jump in. Wonderful.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
One of the things that the warmongers in D.C. don't seem to comprehend is that war with Russia means EVERYBODY DIES. This is not Afghanistan. This is not Iraq. This is not some piddly schidt backwards hole in the wall country that you can just invade with no fear of them invading you or doing much of anything to our country. This is a major world power with bunches and bunches of nucular weapons. And they probably have a lot fewer qualms about using them than we do.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
NO!

Italy and France can handle this one.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by CBB
I really have been paying ZERO attention to it. So I'm sure some here will be along to holler at me...

My feeling is.... we are not the world police... we don't need to get involved in every playground scuffle to try and play the hero role..

Our country is run by tyrants and thieves and is already trillions in debt.

Our young soldiers should battle for OUR Country and not the interests of rich politicians.

What does America have to gain if we go in?
More dead Americans?
More debt?
More weakened national security?
More pork barrel spending?

The only reason. We would get involved is if some kocksmoking politician has something to gain or hide..

Think of all the jobs (for politicians’ kids) that could be created, if we did something BIG in Ukraine!!!

We could have built a border wall or sent 20 million Americans to college ($2 trillion/$100k= 20 million) for the $2 trillion we’ve wasted recently in foreign countries.

We could’ve put solar, wind, and even drilled for a helluva lot of natural gas for that kind of money, as well.

How does China avoid getting sucked into this kind of garbage??

How “successfully” did we improve “human rights” in Vietnam/Irag/Afghanistan/Somalia/etc????

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...stan-iraq-wars-debt-6-trillion-interest/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.debka.com/

Reported that the Russians had not included their medical teams and field hospitals in the big CinemaScope build up.
Busy elsewhere maybe, and not needed for chest pounding.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I pray that Ukraine becomes another Afghanistan for Putin. In regards to the plight of Ukraine, I care about them as much as I care about the Tutsi and Hutus.

Wishing both sides best wishes. Two grossly corrupt countries killing each other. Yawn.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Why worry about the Ukraine when most would be happy for them to take over California.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure are a lotta' hot Ukrainian chicks, seems like a good reason.

One thing's for sure though, I don't believe a damn thing .gov or the MSM is telling us.

Last edited by High_Noon; 02/07/22.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
From an historical viewpoint Ukraine regions have rarely been autonomous. Russia several times, Vikings, Hapsburg Dynasty, Moldavia, Polish kings...on and on. Pretty hard to make the case for defending a 'country', spilling blood and treasure, that has a language that is made from other countries, whose 'royal line' were from other royal families. To make the point, how would you feel about Minnesota asking the other states to go to war to defend it's autonomy? That it never had to begin with? Yeah, they talk funny, but it's based on English, they too are a little short on royalty. And above all, why does the Ukraine being ruled by whatever country...pose a clear and present danger to the US?
If you don't like that argument, how about, we haven't had a military victory since 1946...76 years, but who is counting? Vladimir and Joe (the man that put down Corn Pop) can go a few rounds...winner take all. But not my grandsons.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Getting involved directly with American troops, hell no!

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Im done with war. I want nothing to do with that, nor do i want to go to war with russia. We need to sit on the side lines for a while and let the rest of the world put up or shut up

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
No

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
I feel for the people that live in the Ukraine but why should the United States get involved in another engagement that may end in American blood being spilled and nothing accomplished? biden will not commit to backing Putin down. No democrat and 99% of the republicans will either. I know of only one man that would or could at this point and he was cheated out of office. So why get involved?

Trump wouldnt have faced the problem, because he has balls.

There is more to this than meets the eye. Zielinski has the goods on Biden and the money he and Hunter ripped off from Urhaine though kickbacks of US Foreign Aid proffered to save Ukraine from insolvency and line the pockets of people in the DNC.

Whats the chance of a US bomb taking Zelinski out in a FF event and the news being he was killed by Putin? whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/07/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
if I remember correctly.Back when USSR fell if I remember correctly that region contained lots of nuclear weapons and to get Ukraine to surrender these weapons the United States agreed to protect them per se don't remember all the exact details of such but there is that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Its about time for some woke soldiers to die under woke commander’s watch.

A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
If you're going to commit combatants to an action in Ukraine, you damn well better have a plan to provide bullets, beans and bandages to the troops. I don't believe for a minute that we could support and supply combat personnel in Ukraine. We have multi thousands of miles supply lines. Russia is right there. I can't imagine the losses we would take, just trying to get supplies to the troops, in a combat action against Russia in Ukraine.

Even if I wanted to engage the Russians in Ukraine, which I don't, I would be opposed for the reasons stated above.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,117 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.