Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Last Friday I got up about 6:30 and had a bowl of cereal and a couple cups of coffee. After the last of the winter storm subsided, I went outside for a 2 hour plow and shoveling session. Came inside and realized that I had forgotten to take my morning medicine. Grabbed a bottle of water, threw my head back and tossed the pills in my mouth. One of the smaller pills went right down my Windpipe. I coughed and hacked violently for about an hour before coughing up a partially dissolved pill. When I breathed, it was wheezy like it is when you have bronchitis. My wife made me go to the Emergency Room. The Doc did a chest x-ray to see if any of the pill had made it to my lung. He said that could kill you. Luckily, no lung obstruction. The wheezing is from damage done to my bronchial tubes from the violent coughing. Prescriptions for Albuterol and some stuff to coat my throat. I was telling my wife, all the dangerous shidt that I did in my life and get taken out by a prescription pill would be something. Isn't that some F'd up crap?

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm not a religious guy, but I'd say God has to be watching out for us. If not, I'm not sure we'd survive a day without Him.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Drugs are dangerous

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The problem I have is dropping the damned things on the floor. My dogs will eat anything that falls if I'm not careful. The other problem is when I do drop one, trying to find it before the dogs find it before me. Depending on the drug, one of those could kill a dog, especially a 12 pound rat dog.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ohio7x57
Last Friday I got up about 6:30 and had a bowl of cereal and a couple cups of coffee. After the last of the winter storm subsided, I went outside for a 2 hour plow and shoveling session. Came inside and realized that I had forgotten to take my morning medicine. Grabbed a bottle of water, threw my head back and tossed the pills in my mouth. One of the smaller pills went right down my Windpipe. I coughed and hacked violently for about an hour before coughing up a partially dissolved pill. When I breathed, it was wheezy like it is when you have bronchitis. My wife made me go to the Emergency Room. The Doc did a chest x-ray to see if any of the pill had made it to my lung. He said that could kill you. Luckily, no lung obstruction. The wheezing is from damage done to my bronchial tubes from the violent coughing. Prescriptions for Albuterol and some stuff to coat my throat. I was telling my wife, all the dangerous shidt that I did in my life and get taken out by a prescription pill would be something. Isn't that some F'd up crap?

Ron

20 years fighting bad guys all so you can (almost) get taken out by your morning vitamin.

Yea, that's pretty messed up. Funny, but messed up.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had that happen once with a vitamin pill. after a drink took a breath and felt in go in. Hung over a chair and started coughing after a minute that thing came out like it was shot. Otherwise, trip to ER

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad you're ok.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
good to hear as an overall you are ok or as well as you could expect

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad there’s no permanent damage! I never heard of a pill going down your windpipe. I damn near choked on a freakin lifesaver candy when I was out hunting one time! Luckily the sugar dissolved it enough to get it out. The irony of being killed by Candy called Lifesaver! grin
I had a go around with pneumonia/ Covid Back in September. Now Penny got me one of those pill caddies that she loads up with about a dozen vitamins and the blood thinner the docs still got me on. I’ll start exercising a little more caution now.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Ever since i was driving a rough road in NM mountains and hit a hole hard helping me suck some coke down my windpipe and with the bronchial spasm couldnt breathe for 3 or 4 min ive wondered if a person could die from that or if after passing out the spasm would relax and let a person breathe again.
Things were going gray before i was able to suck in air again. Didnt love that burn. I wonder how many crashes sucking something down the airway causes.

Its hard to throw yourself over a chair back if youre in thick freeway traffic or whipping down the hwy at 75 mph.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Y'all made me laugh.
Thanks!

The original Frito Bandito!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
The problem I have is dropping the damned things on the floor. My dogs will eat anything that falls if I'm not careful. The other problem is when I do drop one, trying to find it before the dogs find it before me. Depending on the drug, one of those could kill a dog, especially a 12 pound rat dog.

That's my life too. Crawling around on the floor with a headlamp looking for a tiny pill. Our dogs can find anything.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Years ago we had a chihuahua that ate a sudafed that I dropped on the floor, and that dog wigged out like a crackhead for about three or four hours.

V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
"had a bowl of cereal and a couple cups of coffee"

You trying to kill yourself?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I admit im kinda a retard about certain things so I have no shame in admitting that the only way I can take pills is to take a mouthful of water then put the pills in and swallow at the same time. Cant put pills in first then the water. Just wont work

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Ha,just this morning I droped my weekly pill container, about 10-12 pills spilled out, had to. Grab them quick before the dogs grabbed them. Getting old Sucks!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"...threw my head back and tossed the pills in my mouth."

That's just for whisky.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad you cam out the other side of that!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys! It was touch and go for a few. Still sounds like a Geiger counter when I'm breathing in bed. One of life's lessons learned the hard way!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Life will kill you.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.