Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tell your friends to do the same.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
pete53: Me thinks thou knowst NOT of what he speaketh!
REPUBLICAN Greg Gianforte IS the Governor of Montana - I know I worked long and hard and donated to him! I celebrated when he won.
We also have a Republican as our lone Montana United States Representative and one of our United States Senators is a Republican and a Republican is leading in the polls for our soon to be SECOND United States Congressional Representative which will be in effect come November!
Our state legislature is solid Republican in both houses and the populous in Montana will NOT re-elect jon "two fingers" (d) testor as United States Senator should that back stabbing son of a bitchin demonrat decide to run again!
President Donald J. Trump won Montana by 57% to 40% for china joe biden and his ho in 2,020.
So, IF... you are implying that Montana is a demonrat state you are ignorant of the facts!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Crossbows legal for everyone the last two weeks of archery season in NY. Legal for handicapped for the entire archery season. Should be legal for everyone for the entire archery season and would be if not for the whiny little bitches known as the NY bow hunters assn..They have fought it tooth and nail for years.

About the same here. Colorado Archery hunters seem to think no one should be in the woods except them for all of September and that includes all grazing permits.

I have a life time crossbow permit to use one in archery season due to a replaced right shoulder. I was all set to go in 2021. I had bought all I needed in terms of equipment . After all the whining I heard about it, I said the heck with it and sold the whole thing. I'd rather go out with my muzzle loader and pi$$ them off.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Legal in Georgia for everyone during Archery and regular season

Which surprised me when they changed the law. Georgia was the LAST state to allow compound bows and I didn't expect them to make crossbows legal. When I 1st started hunting longbows and recurves were the only option here. Compound bows weren't legal here until the early or mid 1980's. But they did allow handicapped hunters to use crossbows for several years before making them legal for everyone.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
REPUBLICAN Greg Gianforte IS the Governor of Montana - I know I worked long and hard and donated to him! I celebrated when he won.
We also have a Republican as our lone Montana United States Representative and one of our United States Senators is a Republican and a Republican is leading in the polls for our soon to be SECOND United States Congressional Representative which will be in effect come November!
Our state legislature is solid Republican in both houses and the populous in Montana will NOT re-elect jon "two fingers" (d) testor as United States Senator should that back stabbing son of a bitchin demonrat decide to run again!
President Donald J. Trump won Montana by 57% to 40% for china joe biden and his ho in 2,020.
So, IF... you are implying that Montana is a demonrat state you are ignorant of the facts!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

glad Montana finally did turn Red again ! they did in the past have a Liberal Governor.. so when is Montana going to overrule these Montana Archery Association selfish bowhunters so handi-cap bowhunters can hunt in Montana during all of the archery season ? still seems shameful that the handi-cap and disabled can still pay taxes but have no rights to hunt when its warm during the entire archery season ? maybe the political correct people can show a little effort and help us crippled young and old regular people , Montana show a little unselfish pride !

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Crossbows legal for everyone the last two weeks of archery season in NY. Legal for handicapped for the entire archery season. Should be legal for everyone for the entire archery season and would be if not for the whiny little bitches known as the NY bow hunters assn..They have fought it tooth and nail for years.

About the same here. Colorado Archery hunters seem to think no one should be in the woods except them for all of September and that includes all grazing permits.

I have a life time crossbow permit to use one in archery season due to a replaced right shoulder. I was all set to go in 2021. I had bought all I needed in terms of equipment . After all the whining I heard about it, I said the heck with it and sold the whole thing. I'd rather go out with my muzzle loader and pi$$ them off.

Have to agree, bow hunters are evil and should have seasons removed. lol

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by saddlesore

Have to agree, bow hunters are evil and should have seasons removed. lol

yes some are just very selfish some feel very elite above the rest of us peons

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

glad Montana finally did turn Red again ! they did in the past have a Liberal Governor.. so when is Montana going to overrule these Montana Archery Association selfish bowhunters so handi-cap bowhunters can hunt in Montana during all of the archery season ? still seems shameful that the handi-cap and disabled can still pay taxes but have no rights to hunt when its warm during the entire archery season ? maybe the political correct people can show a little effort and help us crippled young and old regular people , Montana show a little unselfish pride !

Boy you sure do want to hunt Montana really bad your way even though they have no deer or elk. I'm confused.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
at my age and health i don`t want to start learning a new state for elk and deer ,i know why , when ,what and where in Montana for deer and elk and don`t need to pay a outfitter / guide and i have some great friends in Montana.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Michigan does!!! I think that it should be deer season. Hunt with what you want. Done deal.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pete53
at my age and health i don`t want to start learning a new state for elk and deer ,i know why , when ,what and where in Montana for deer and elk and don`t need to pay a outfitter / guide and i have some great friends in Montana.

Makes sense. But we all have to give things up at some point too. Maybe its getting to be that time. Forcing folks to adapt to one persons desire isn't always smart.

Of course since they are so horrible at management there likely isn't anything left to shoot Grins.

Then again you never can rely on hunting the same place for life. You have to learn new areas as animals change, habitat changes etc... so thats no different than a new state. FWIW.

Flexible is a big thing in successful hunting.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As was said above cross bows are legal in PA during any Deer season BUT this is for any hunter not just handicapped. I have an acquaintance who is a former compound hunter who was drawn to the cross bow who regularly works out with 100 pound dumbbells and says he can't pull a compound smile

In my opinion , given the technological advances in cross bow tech and the use of optics, etc., there should be a limit to the season just like Flintlock season in PA. Flintlock is about 3 weeks long beginning the day after Christmas and optics, cap locks, inlines, etc. are not allowed .

My reasoning is the killing of big bucks. A lot of the best trophy sized bucks are taken by cross bow hunters during the peak of the rut. I'm not saying that big bucks are ever "easy" as we all know this is not the case but given the short ranges that most whitetail are taken in PA, the somewhat increased vulnerability and visibility of the bigger bucks at this time and the effectiveness of the modern cross bow, it just doesn't seem right.....

I'm not sure if this is fair to regular archery hunters or especially rifle hunters during the subsequent buck season.I'm not against cross bows but I think it should be regulated like flintlock.In PA, cross bows are allowed during the entire archery season which lasted from Oct 2 to Nov 19 and IMO, the technologically advanced cross bow can hardly be labled as archery.

How many times have you been bow hunting and on seeing a wall hanger just out of range, said to yourself "if it was only rifle season" or if a cross bow it would be an easy shot?

By the way Pope and Young does not recognize cross bow kills for their Archery record books.

"an armed society is a polite society"
C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

By the way Pope and Young does not recognize cross bow kills for their Archery record books.

Nope and there's a reason for it.......

Hunt...
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CBB

Nope and there's a reason for it.......

i could care less about P & Y or B. C.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There are 22 states that do not allow crossbows during regular archery season. I cannot imagine lugging a crossbow around on a mountain archery hunt.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
As was said above cross bows are legal in PA during any Deer season BUT this is for any hunter not just handicapped. I have an acquaintance who is a former compound hunter who was drawn to the cross bow who regularly works out with 100 pound dumbbells and says he can't pull a compound smile

In my opinion , given the technological advances in cross bow tech and the use of optics, etc., there should be a limit to the season just like Flintlock season in PA. Flintlock is about 3 weeks long beginning the day after Christmas and optics, cap locks, inlines, etc. are not allowed .

You have been watching or reading too many Ravin commercials or ads. If you are a proficient compound or recurve archer you can shoot at longer ranges then most people consider ethical, I have a self imposed 40 yard limit on my crossbows. I can hit a target every time at 80 yards but shooting at a target out in a backyard is a lot different then shooting in the woodlands and things like wind, unseen branches can result in a bad scenario.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pete thanks for the heads up. I joined the Montana Bowhunters Association. I had been a member in the past but let it expire. That won’t happen again.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
There are 22 states that do not allow crossbows during regular archery season. I cannot imagine lugging a crossbow around on a mountain archery hunt.

no if your handi cap as i am if you do the right paper work for each state ,you can get a handi -cap permit for 46 states in America and it should be for all 50 states a federal law for handi-cap, this is free nation in America . look how a Federal judge in America could rule on timber wolves in 3 states 1,000 miles away from California is that right ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I seem to recall, that a couple of years ago, you were fully supportive, of the fat bastard poacher (Ron Kluless - shartstains), rabid push to have crossbows banned, during archery season, in WI ??????????

Hypocrite much !!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
I seem to recall, that a couple of years ago, you were fully supportive, of the fat bastard poacher (Ron Kluless - shartstains), rabid push to have crossbows banned, during archery season, in WI ??????????

Hypocrite much !!

i have no problem with Ron but no i was not against x-bows myself > YOUR WRONG >> A PERSON WITH A DISABILITY SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE A X- BOW IN THE ENTIRE ARCHERY SEASON IS MY ANSWER in all 50 states

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (257wthbylover, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 21 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,506
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.