Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
being handi-cap even to carry 1 - x-bow is hard ,i sure in heck would not wanna carry 2 - x-bows , ido carry my 3 arrow quiver in my pack that is another problem to deal with. i di go too a Ravin just because that brand x- bow can decock farely easy and can be cocked in a stand ok but it is noisy when you shoot..

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ndh19
Wisconsin 2021, 38,147 deer killed by bow, 57,071 killed by crossbow

So...95,218 deer killed in Wisconsin with arrows. Hmmmm.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Montana should set its own rules.

I feel for someone that is to handicapped to hunt or anything else made more challenging for them. Hunting and many sports and outdoor activities come with the expectation of a certain physically capable expectation. The notion that everything needs to be made easier and diluted down or that everyone deserves a participation trophy. To the point that the Feds need to dictate to Montana crossbow laws for deer hunters is buffoonish.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

I feel for someone that is to handicapped to hunt or anything else made more challenging for them. Hunting and many sports and outdoor activities come with the expectation of a certain physically capable expectation. The notion that everything needs to be made easier and diluted down or that everyone deserves a participation trophy. To the point that the Feds need to dictate to Montana crossbow laws for deer hunters is buffoonish.

I couldn’t agree more.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Region6

I couldn’t agree more.

well then maybe all Federal land should have its own Federal rules including if your a legal American citizen and hunt only on Federal land we should be able to buy a resident license in all states in America and that money goes directly to the Federal government. . Montana makes a lot of money of non-resident license ,gas tax. motels ,cafes ,grocery stores ,butcher shops , sporting good stores and yes Federal government sends a lot of money to Montana too . so i think Montana needs to play by federal rules better not Montana Bowhunter Association . just maybe someone will read what has been posted and be able talk to the right Federal judge and this rule will be change for the good of all Americans not just the selfish bowhunters of Montana Bowhunter Association. here is a good example of true America hero who truthfully can not use a drawn bow anymore , he is Viet Nam frontline wounded Marine got hit with a mortar and lived but has a horrible shoulder that can not be used with a bow and lives in Montana but he could use a x-bow some , but he is also denied and this is shameful .

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pete53
i have been told 46 states allow x-bows during archery season for Handi-cap hunters i feel that is wonderful ,some of us are now handi - cap because of age or health maybe both too. not sure but i think there are some Federal provision to help handi-cap hunters . i also have been following the law suit in Montana about not allowing x-bows during archery season for true handi-cap hunters . Montana Bowhunter Association is totally against handi - cap bowhunters in archery season this sure seems selfish and shameful . i do hope the Federal government steps in and changes this rule / law , there is a lot of Federal land in Montana that could have a different rule / law on this ? maybe the Feds could also take some funds away from Montana tell they change this x-bow rule / law ? SHAME ON MONTANA !

Good for Montana!

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

I couldn’t agree more.

well then maybe all Federal land should have its own Federal rules including if your a legal American citizen and hunt only on Federal land we should be able to buy a resident license in all states in America and that money goes directly to the Federal government. . Montana makes a lot of money of non-resident license ,gas tax. motels ,cafes ,grocery stores ,butcher shops , sporting good stores and yes Federal government sends a lot of money to Montana too . so i think Montana needs to play by federal rules better not Montana Bowhunter Association . just maybe someone will read what has been posted and be able talk to the right Federal judge and this rule will be change for the good of all Americans not just the selfish bowhunters of Montana Bowhunter Association. here is a good example of true America hero who truthfully can not use a drawn bow anymore , he is Viet Nam frontline wounded Marine got hit with a mortar and lived but has a horrible shoulder that can not be used with a bow and lives in Montana but he could use a x-bow some , but he is also denied and this is shameful .

If it's not mentioned in the Constitution it is a States right issue.If you don't like the rules of Montana stay the [bleep] home!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I couldn’t agree more.

Pete your telling half the story or you haven’t read the Montana hunting regulations. A crossbow can be used during general season. It also can be used in weapon reaction areas during general season. As to your time of year complaint, the are three units that general season starts September 15th. These three units are predominantly federal land.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yeah, states get to make their regulations for hunting the wildlife held in trust for their residents, it's been litigated.
Funny how many complain about our rights being eroded but yet some want the fed. gov't involved in states issues.

Crossbows are legal in Wyoming for archery or rifle seasons.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You can buy one that's a double.

https://excaliburcrossbow.com/bows/twinstrike/

IC B3

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

I couldn’t agree more.

Pete your telling half the story or you haven’t read the Montana hunting regulations. A crossbow can be used during general season. It also can be used in weapon reaction areas during general season. As to your time of year complaint, the are three units that general season starts September 15th. These three units are predominantly federal land.

those are small areas with no elk i have hunted one of them .the big problem is still no x-bows for handi-cap in Montana during the archery season in the nicer weather.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

I couldn’t agree more.

those are small areas with no elk i have hunted one of them .the big problem is still no x-bows for handi-cap in Montana during the archery season in the nicer weather.

Small areas with no elk 😂🤣😂. That sums it pup. Pete53 is a clueless moron!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Around here everyone has a crossbow.

Always hear the same story too. It was sited in for 40 yards, but I took a shot at 60. So they either wing it or miss completely.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

I agree totally. Permit to Hunt From a Vehicle certification had to be overhauled due to the number of people abusing the system. I can see the same thing happening if crossbows are ever allowed in the archery season.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
was said the same thing kinda when they allowed compounds,release aids ,80 % letoff and probably more like lighted nocks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was said the same thing kinda when they allowed compounds,release aids ,80 % letoff and probably more like lighted nocks

Two minutes to Wapner. Definitely two minutes.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wapner's on at 6:00 PM. Gotta go!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I couldn’t agree more.

well then maybe all Federal land should have its own Federal rules.........

Yeah, that's exactly what we need--the federal government regulating hunting.

Double sheesh.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
let`s put it this way why are non-resident licenses so high compared to residents in this these western states ? either all legal American citizens on Federal land pay resident license fees or everyone no mater what state you live in pay a Federal license fee to hunt Federal land and fed`s set the rules and laws . western states are abusing legal American citizens on Federal land with these high prices . someone has got to make it fare on Federal lands of America . if your a resident of Colorado when you get your large population of wolves established from your new legal liberal residents from California let me know how that`s working you better hope someone in Washington like Trump agrees to hunt wolves ,that`s when you will need the fed`s. sheesh back maybe try to quit smoke`n so much weed and think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When half a state is untaxed federal land that throws all the tax burden on the remaining land owners.

I wish they would charge 10x for people hunting out of COUNTY. Stay home and throw your trash in YOUR OWN back yard. Shoot up your own trees and buildings and rip roar down the street in front of you OWN house. Trespass on your OWN neighbors.

""Mute the Greeniacs. Open the pipeline. Bury the Russians." - JPR - 2022
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.