Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I see the gun is listed on gunbroker already for sale.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stang5021

AND......

guns to me are like legal crack
Teeder Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 303savage
Originally Posted by stang5021

AND......

?

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Maybe he was letting someone know that was interested in it on here that they will be able to bid and perhaps purchase at an inflated price.

Last edited by Berksbowman; 02/12/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Ramblin99 rolled the dice.
See how it works out.
Nice pictures and good description.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924262137

If OP (TEEDER) wants me to start a new thread I will; he is absolutely a top notch seller and great to deal with.

IC B2

Teeder Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Doesn't matter to me. We can keep it all here.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
LSS Mountain Rifles are in very high demand right now. Yes, I rolled the dice on that split in the stock. I decided I didn't want to keep the rifle. Happens all the time when I get a rifle in my hands. And as everyone who has looked at the GB listing can see I've listed the starting price at $200 + FFL fee less than I paid for it AND been honest about the split/crack in the stock. So my firearm ADD may cost me some money, or might make a few bucks. I've had it go both ways before. But I never intended to disrespect the OP and hope that is not the case.

Keith

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can do what you wish with a product you purchase, original seller got what he wanted, and purchaser then can decide to do what he wants with it, is no one elses business, as they could have done the same thing.

guns to me are like legal crack
Teeder Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
No issues here, Keith. 👍

I buy stuff all the time and decide to go a different route mid stream.

BTW, I hope you make a bunch on it!

Last edited by Teeder; 02/12/22.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
The Fire can be a very malicious environment and has become worse in the past year. My reputation is important to me. As such, here is an example of some recent behavior: Check out this sale: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cellent-condition-rare-sold#Post16786947

I lucked up and found that 700 Titanium 7mm-08 about 2 hours after the guy posted it on Guns International. I bought it for $1,700 plus shipping. So I had about $1,800 in the once it was in my hands. The rifle just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I absolutely could have taken the rifle to GB and probably made $400-500 bucks. But I knew it was a special rifle and I thought someone on the Fire would really appreciate it. So I listed it here for essentially what I had in it, at $1,900 shipped. Lubbuckdave grabbed it and he is very happy with the rifle. I don't mind making a few dollars when my ADD kicks in, but it's not always about making a profit.

Keith .

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Thanks, Teeder. I'm glad you are OK with everything.

Keith

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Ramblin99
The Fire can be a very malicious environment and has become worse in the past year. My reputation is important to me. As such, here is an example of some recent behavior: Check out this sale: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cellent-condition-rare-sold#Post16786947

I lucked up and found that 700 Titanium 7mm-08 about 2 hours after the guy posted it on Guns International. I bought it for $1,700 plus shipping. So I had about $1,800 in the once it was in my hands. The rifle just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I absolutely could have taken the rifle to GB and probably made $400-500 bucks. But I knew it was a special rifle and I thought someone on the Fire would really appreciate it. So I listed it here for essentially what I had in it, at $1,900 shipped. Lubbuckdave grabbed it and he is very happy with the rifle. I don't mind making a few dollars when my ADD kicks in, but it's not always about making a profit.

Keith .

well now I am not so happy! How dare you sell me a gun you just bought for more than you paid! I mean, this is not an open market/free society we live in! Imma need you to refund me something to make up for my hurt feelings. I'll take bit coin, enron stock, or a lifetime subscription to playgirl...your choice but I demand restitution!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
grin grin

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Here's my take. I have dealt with Dave, Teeder and Keith. I would do so again in a heartbeat. They have all been fine members to deal with. I hate to see the Campfire go downhill, but, unfortunately, it seems some more recent members seem to like to stir the schit. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Not stirring the pot, poking the hornets nest or whatever you want to call it. Rifle got a lot of action on here I was first to reach out to him to request pics. I was seriously considering buying the gun and I’m glad someone else did to save me some money. Purchaser had two options post it here again with all the action it had or take a shot on GB and see what the market will bear for such a specimen. If letting people know that a rifle they missed out on 9 days ago is back up for sale is not allowed please someone let me know. And at the very least the purchaser might get more attention on gunbroker now. Sorry for all of those that have hurt feelings over me bringing it back up to be a good person. Good luck everyone.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Keith is a good guy to deal with. Wish we had more guys like him on these forums. Plus he's got some nice rifles
( makes me jealous some times) 😃

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sometimes it's hell being a cowboy.. Flip 'em Cowboy!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Teeder
No issues here, Keith. 👍

I buy stuff all the time and decide to go a different route mid stream.

BTW, I hope you make a bunch on it!

Keith and Kevin are both good guys to deal with!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

657 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,925 guests, and 1,320 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,695
Posts18,456,662
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.