Print Thread
Hop To
V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
My son really likes the Tikka 223 I have and wants to get a Tikka in 22-250. We are heading to KY in mid march and while there will check and see if anyone has the Tikka in 22-250.
I am not sure if the Tikka comes with rings/bases anymore so I am looking to order some.
What are you all using for Rings/bases?

I see someone mention Sportsmatch if I remember right. The scope I will use will be the Burris E 1 4.5 - 14x42mm so anything in the 40 to 42mm will work. And this is for a 1" scope too.
Just wanting to know what other options are available for the Tikka.

Thanks.

Last edited by valad; 02/13/22.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been happy with DNZ Game Reapers on the three Tikkas I have.

Yup.
Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My buddies and I run talley or dnz on our tikkas.
Only talley I had fail is on a 9.3x62.
The Talley’s on my 223, 6.5 and 06 had been solid for years.
I think the 06 has at least 500 rounds through it with out a hiccup

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have the talleys extra low on mine, in 308. Scope is a vortex razor HD lh 1.5-8x32.

Also have some sportsmatch rings not being used.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Every Tikka I have came with rings in the box. I haven't bought one I. Years and everyone that didn't toss the rings in a drawer replaced the mounting bolts as the supplies ones were weak. Hardware stores had the hardened ones so wasn't a big deal. I like the Talley lightweights (base and ring in one) on mine for small and medium calibers. Large ones I'm running Talley rail and rings.

IC B2

W
W
Valad,

I think I might have some tikka 1" rings/mouts stashed away somewhere that you can have for the cost of shipping?

Warrenoliver

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by valad
My son really likes the Tikka 223 I have and wants to get a Tikka in 22-250. We are heading to KY in mid march and while there will check and see if anyone has the Tikka in 22-250.
I am not sure if the Tikka comes with rings/bases anymore so I am looking to order some.
What are you all using for Rings/bases?

I see someone mention Sportsmatch if I remember right. The scope I will use will be the Burris E 1 4.5 - 14x42mm so anything in the 40 to 42mm will work. And this is for a 1" scope too.
Just wanting to know what other options are available for the Tikka.

Thanks.

Someone here sent me this picture of his rifle with the exact scope you mention. He's using Leupold Dual dovetails:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

After he sent me that picture, I decided I'd try them and they work well. Back then the only option for DD's was to buy 2 sets of standard bases and use the 2 dovetail mounts. Then buy the dovetail rings and you are good to go.
Yeah, it sounds weird, but it works very well.... Leupold sells Dual Dovetail mounts now, but one is longer than needed. Until Leupold gets their chidt together, I still just buy 2 sets of DD's or Standard mounts and use the ones I want. Here's a pic of my Superlite with DD's and the scope you are asking about:

Superlite with a few different scopes.
Zeiss Terra 3-9x42:

Superlite with Burris AR556 4.5-14x42 in medium rings:

To be honest, that size of scope was too big/bulky and heavy for the superlite, so I went with a much lighter Burris FFII 3-9X40 with ballistic plex reticle. It handles/balances much better and is a lot lighter feeling. Off the bench, the 4.5-14x42 was great, but for my type of hunting, too cumbersome... I have my T3x 7MM08 set up that way now:

And then my T3 308 is wearing steel warne mounts with Burris Zee rings with Bushnell elite 3200 3-9x40:
I had to remove the original Tikka rings because the scope was rotating in them as I shot. No matter how much I cranked down on the ring screws, the scope still rotated. Throwing shots diagonally. So there's more to bad Tikka rings than just the cross bolt. I bought that rifle used with the scope for $500.00. They must have sold it because it was not accurate and poi was shifting. Simple fix though..

You can also use vertical split Warne steel rings:

I'm not a huge fan of them personally. They are heavy and not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye IMHO..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Forget screwing around with screw mounted bases on Tikkas. Go straight to the rail with Sportsmatch, or Sako Opti lock that both have the recoil pin. They're bulletproof.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I use the Warnes that mount straight to the dovetail on the tikka. They work for me with an swfa 3-9x42 or a bushnell lrhs2 4.5-18x42

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tstorm1
Every Tikka I have came with rings in the box. I haven't bought one I. Years and everyone that didn't toss the rings in a drawer replaced the mounting bolts as the supplies ones were weak. Hardware stores had the hardened ones so wasn't a big deal. I like the Talley lightweights (base and ring in one) on mine for small and medium calibers. Large ones I'm running Talley rail and rings.

The new T3X line does not come with rings. The older T3 models did.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I use Talley bases and rings. I think I have a rail you can have if you want it. You pay to ship it. Use Burris signature rings.

Last edited by hanco; 02/13/22.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i use a warne 1 piece steel weaver base along with burris signature zee rings. i inadvertently "tested" it by dropping my rifle and had no shift when i checked zero.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never seen a Tikka Rifle,nor am I familiar with the OP's cited chamberings,but a coupla Mechanical Constants remain. Hint.

'Scopes are for steering bullets and it is funnier than fhuqk to watch Window Lickers clamor,to those which can't/won't Track,Hold Zero or Repeat. Further,everything below your zero range on the erector,is 100% fhuqking USELESS. You gals in The Bubble Wrap Gang,are simply fhuqking HILARIOUS! Be VERY careful,you don't scratch sumptin'! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your hearts,for doing your best.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I use the factory T3 rings, I did change out the screws which came to less than $2.00. I have never had an issue with them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have a rail on the rimfire and ctr. I have sports match on the others and like them a lot so far.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Forget screwing around with screw mounted bases on Tikkas. Go straight to the rail with Sportsmatch, or Sako Opti lock that both have the recoil pin. They're bulletproof.

If you want/need inclination, go rail. If you don't, go Sportsmatch.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,140
Posts18,464,847
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.