Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Anyone have one of these or another Conquest? I am looking at putting this on a Beretta 7mm Mag Mato. I have had a couple of the Zeiss Diavaris but never a Conquest but so like the price point better. What is the opinion of these?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No trying to be a douche, but there is a metric ton of past information about the Zeiss V4 scopes.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14444431/1

🦫

PS

Yes, I own several V4’s and had one V6. Good scopes!

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
No offense taken. I have searched but missed that one. I am at work and 911 was ringing so took the cheap way out. Thanks

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Guess I didn’t go back far enough

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No worries.

Holler if you don’t find the information you’re specifically looking for.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The best all around hunting scope for the money. Perfect tracking on both my 4-16’s

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pacecars
Anyone have one of these or another Conquest? I am looking at putting this on a Beretta 7mm Mag Mato. I have had a couple of the Zeiss Diavaris but never a Conquest but so like the price point better. What is the opinion of these?

I have one and agree with the above comments- great scope.

However I also have two of the 4-16x50mm V4’s and it’s a significantly better scope IMHO. They are the same scope, other than the objective size. The 50mm is very noticeably brighter in very dim light, as you’d expect; but the other thing is, it gives a much nicer sight picture (less edge distortion) and more stable eye box at 16x. Much easier to get behind at full power in other words.... not that the 44 is bad, just that the 50 is really good. And it still fits my Kimber and Remingtons in Talley low’s, and doesn’t cost much more... I think the 50mm is the way to go.

I got an unlit duplex in the 44, and it shows up really well. In the 50’s I got the #93 ZMOAi illuminated reticle and I love it. Gives me everything I need if I want it, such as windage hashes, but just looks like a crosshair when I throw the rifle up to my eye. The big messy reticles don’t do that for me. The illumination is well implemented.

About to pull the trigger on another of the 50’s. 👍 There’s not much I would change about the things. Optically and mechanically superb. The turret design rocks.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by pacecars

I have one and agree with the above comments- great scope.

However I also have two of the 4-16x50mm V4’s and it’s a significantly better scope IMHO. They are the same scope, other than the objective size. The 50mm is very noticeably brighter in very dim light, as you’d expect; but the other thing is, it gives a much nicer sight picture (less edge distortion) and more stable eye box at 16x. Much easier to get behind at full power in other words.... not that the 44 is bad, just that the 50 is really good. And it still fits my Kimber and Remingtons in Talley low’s, and doesn’t cost much more... I think the 50mm is the way to go.

I got an unlit duplex in the 44, and it shows up really well. In the 50’s I got the #93 ZMOAi illuminated reticle and I love it. Gives me everything I need if I want it, such as windage hashes, but just looks like a crosshair when I throw the rifle up to my eye. The big messy reticles don’t do that for me. The illumination is well implemented.

About to pull the trigger on another of the 50’s. 👍 There’s not much I would change about the things. Optically and mechanically superb. The turret design rocks.

I have always shied away from the 50mm just because they are so huge and has enough to be mounted higher. I would prefer a 40 or 42mm but the prices are good on these with a 44 and the 50mm

P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
I guess there ain’t a whole lot of difference with just 6mm between them. I might have to look at the 4-16x50 it is $100 more

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I have several and like them very much. I'm a fan of the 44mm OB over the 50 but won't cast shade on it. I'm in agreement with the other posters in that they are excellent quality glass and are an outstanding value for the dollar.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
great scope and great serivce department has been my experience

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have several and like them very much. I'm a fan of the 44mm OB over the 50 but won't cast shade on it. I'm in agreement with the other posters in that they are excellent quality glass and are an outstanding value for the dollar.

Have you tried them side by side?

Hey, I thought I was a fan of the 44 over the 50 too; I bought a 44mm first. Then what happened was, it was going on a rifle I built with a PT&G 1-piece bolt, and in Talley Low’s the ocular (not the objective) was the problem- it wouldn’t clear the custom bolt. However at that time I saw that the objective cleared the barrel by a bunch. The comb on the Manners stock I used is pretty high; it actually matches up well with Talley Med’s, so that worked out great.... so I thought what the heck, I’ll buy another one, in 50mm, and put the 44 on my 7 WSM Kimber.

Then I got the 50mm in hand, and saw what I’d call a pretty dramatic difference, so I bought a second 50mm for my Kimber. The 44 currently resides on my .223AI trainer.

The 44mm is awesome. In my opinion, owning both, the 50mm is awesom-er. I’m currently locked in a self-debate (oh I’m good at that, haha) over a third 50mm to go on my M700 Mountain Rifle, or a second 3-10 NF SHV (but with a lit reticle) to replace the SHV currently on it. The compact SHV is a nice aesthetic match for the MR; my hangup is that the V4 curb-stomps the SHV optically at all power settings that they have in common. They weigh the same (22 oz give or take). The V4 is considerably longer. Do I care about that? IDK.

As a dark horse, the ‘44 goes on the MR and the AI gets something a little less “interesting” (Leupold with a turret) put back on it. But I’m one GOOD scope away from completing my 2021/22 re-scope-a-thon and by golly, I’m gonna try to keep the fires of obsession burning a bit longer. Then I can return to my regularly-scheduled spending all my money on my boat-a-thon. smile

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/12/22.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I haven't tried them side by side but it sounds like I should.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I’ve got a 6-24x50 on a 6.5 creedmoor that dials out to 1100 yards & back nicely great glass. Had a first time elk hunter use the 4-16x44 to take a beautiful buck at 200 & cow at 360. Not a natural marksman that scope really helped him get the job done.

I’m having an issue with my 7m RM and the 4-16 V4 will be the replacement if I need one.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here’s a pic... the rifle on the right is a M700 SPSS with the 44mm. Middle is a M700 with a 50mm- that’s the one in Talley Med’s due to the PTG bolt clearance issue. Left is a Kimber 8400 WSM with custom western oregon “freedom, finally!” camo pattern, haha... that’s also a 50mm in Talley Low’s.

I want to reiterate, I’m not knocking the 44mm. It’s a fantastic scope. I think it’s pretty self-evident that all else equal, a bigger objective makes for a better optic, if all one cares about is optical properties. Obviously with rifles there are other factors we are balancing.... Since Talley Low’s are my jam, I feel I lose nothing (except the $100) with the 50mm. But that’s me. I know some prefer to run their scopes lower yet. Anyway, if you opt for a 44mm, don’t let what I’m saying be a downer... it’s a killer scope. 👍

Here’s where I buy them. They aren’t used. That’s just a way for them to get by MAP pricing. Good folks.

https://redhawkrifles.com/used-zeiss-conquest-v4-4-16x50-rifle-scope/

I’m gonna try to get a pic of the #93 ZMOAi reticle. It’s even more of a “crosshair” than how it looks in the illustrations. I really like it. Against a messy background, or in really low light, it’s just a crosshair to my eye. I’ve really been disappointed with more complex reticles in that regard, BUT, having windage hashes is really nice, and if a guy wants it, there’s 20 MOA of elevation hashes there.

Pardon the skanky carpet. I track metal shavings from the shop side of the building into my man-cave side and, well, don’t vacuum very often.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by Jeff_O; 02/13/22.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Those are nice rigs, Jeff!

Yea, if you could post a photo of the reticle, I am sure a lot of folks here would appreciate it. The graphics used by the factories to illustrate reticle design often leave much to be desired -- and sometimes aren't anywhere close to reality.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok, I’ll try to get a pic.

Thanks, they are works in progress. smile Note the shiny barrels (not bead-blasted yet) on the right two- I’m a machinist, not a gunsmith, haha. That SPSS on the right is sneaky fun- .223AI with that little brake I made on the end. Makes it easy to call your shots! It needs a real stock obviously and a good trigger. I like the Timney CE... the middle one is a clone of the GAP Extreme Hunter in 6.5 GAP 4S (6.5 SAUM); it is GTG and just needs bead-blasted. The Kimber has a Pac-Nor that they installed.

The 4-16x50 V4 is slam dunk awesome on the 6.5 SAUM and I’m loving the setup. The 44mm is a BLAST on the AI. The Kimber is a handful, and I’m shooting it a bit erratically right now, so the scope’s potential is currently being wasted. I’m efforting towards fixing that. It’s at the edge of what I can handle apparently and still shoot with precision.... the rifle hasn’t changed, so that leaves ME... half tempted to order a 6.5 Lilja Kimber-contour tube for it and ream it to 6.5 SAUM...

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
That is where I was looking. They are out of several reticles now

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have one that is on a 6mm PRC and it has been spot on, but I have not run it super hard either

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i'd love to go with the 50mm but zeiss in their infinite wisdom don't offer the #60 reticle in the 50mm. i'm about to put one on my cz-527 american in 6.5 grendel.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.