Hop To
R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Two things:

1. from now on, not a single truckload of anything goes to Ottawa - drivers refuse the load if it's headed there. Starve that little despot..

2. Make notes of every tow truck company that hauled them away - those should be their very LAST hookups forever... They don't make much hauling cars outta the ditch - the major money's on the semis.. The word gets out which towing company that did not get involved in this fiasco and I have a hunch they're gonna need more trucks and staff... I pray..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A worthy start...

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Redneck;
Good morning to you sir, it's been awhile since we've conversed and I trust you've been well as can be in the interim.

This isn't to contend with your thoughts exactly, merely to offer perhaps a tiny bit of insight but to clarify that is from someone who is further away physically than you and many of the US members are.

The citizens of Ottawa appear to be pretty evenly divided on support for the convoy. When I'd watch VivaFrie doing livestreams there were multiple occasions where Ottawa citizens were dragging kids wagons loaded with food, supplies, jerry cans of fuel - you name it. They'd set up BBQ's and cook for them, offer them the use of their homes. The same went for the citizens of the city of Gatineau across the river from Ottawa.

Those folks would suffer from an embargo just as much as the politicians and citizenry who wanted them gone.

As well, there is no way that the political elite don't have the funds and staffing available to purchase groceries from downtown anywhere and have them couriered in a van directly to their door on taxpayer funds.

The trucking companies would not tow the rigs - as in none of them Redneck. As far away as 5 hours from Ottawa nobody would...

The Emergency Measures Act enables the government to seize the trucks and compel the company to do it's bidding. Pretty cool stuff, no?

Failure to comply can result in loss of the equipment, imprisonment or fines for the drivers and seizure of their personal property or at least that was the understanding of the lawyer who made a video on this.

If all that sounds beyond frightening, that's exactly where we're at up here. Any Canadian who believes this is a wonderful way to deal with the problem has not been paying attention and apparently does not understand that the next folks in power can use it against them. As I wrote on a Canadian forum - imagine someone 3 steps to the right of your least favorite televangelist gets into power - can you imagine them using it?

My personal thoughts at present are that the more Canadians we have who become awakened to what the left - Liberals/NDP - have been doing, the better our chances are of beginning to push this in a better direction for us all without too, too much upheaval.

Thanks for reading/listening to my thoughts, again they are only mine and nothing more. If you're so inclined, we can surely use some prayers or positive thoughts up here as this is very far from over.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Under the Emergency Measures Act what prevents Herr Trudeau from arresting a few members of the Opposition Party and having them flogged—just a little bit?

R
Redneck Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Very good info - and I truly appreciate your reply... Very best wishes Dwayne...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If truck deliveries stop there, the city will be a ghost town in a week.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dwayne, We have not communicated before, but I do have a question about Canadian government - can the parliament overturn all of Trudeau's actions and take him out of office. I guess I would be talking about a vote of no confidence. I must admit that I am terribly ignorant on the parliamentary form of government.

Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think a smart way to clog it all up is to have the big rigs drive super slow blocking all lanes but keep moving. Have rotations so you stay legal with logs. If they stop you for driving slowly, it is their fault for creating a jam. I think American truckers would remember that tactic. Doing that through the city would be effective.

If that tactic was used next after all the clean-up the law is doing now it would be very frustrating for little justin. Freedom is at stake, and this cannot be the end.

I remember trucks doing that years ago on interstates. Created a real mess.

true-dope has put Canada through all this because he wants total power and ALL of Canada should be against him and his cohorts.

I pray for Canada.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Based on the structure of the Canadian government what is the next legal option? What is the next step in civil disobedience?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How come everyone is depending on truckers?

This started over mandates for truckers, everyone benefits from
the fight. It's is one with very wide implications.

I suggest across the board stay at home days.
Shut the economy down.
Police, fire, healthcare need to work. We arent sacrificing people yet.
No production, no consumption.

Diesel wants to block the roads with trucks.
1/2 a good idea.
Little hint, cars can block traffic just as effectively!

I've posted this before.
Never any interest.

Why?

So many want to support these truckers.
Verbally.

We have a convoy coming in the US shortly.
Canadians, NOW!

Live near a good sized city.
Is traffic on the through roads there a problem? Rush hour?

Call a few like minded buddies, schedule a meeting point.
Early rush hour time.
Drive 45mph, blocking all lanes. Pass each other, sllooooowwly.
Go eat breakfast on the other side of town.
Drive home, same way.

Got buddies on the other side of town.
Get them to do the same.
You can pfuggg things up good.

Right now, it's about pushing buttons, making a stand and getting
attention.

Learn from how our enemies have campaigned for decades.

Things are progressing in Ottawa.
Plan A was to get it easy.
The government capitulated.
Didn't happen. They raised the stakes.

Plan B is much tougher.
It requires fortitude. Risk. Sacrifice.
Some who stand, are going to suffer.

We need to push buttons.
And respond to their attempts to back us down.
By meeting their tactics with more resistance.

Canadians,
Get your money out of the banks.
Drain the ATMs.
They have made money the new front.
Fine, cause a run on the banks and crash the economy.
This isn't chicken crap time. It's man up time.
We are in a fight, and this is our last/best fight.

Lose this one, and the future will be bleak.
Or violent.
And don't get twitterpated on violent.
Armed revolutions are rarely successful, quick, clean.
Nothing like 1776, eventually turned out.
After only 8 years.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
When the Tennessee legislature was considering passing an income tax several years ago, in violation of our state constitution, a local talk radio host organized a rolling protest of horn-honking motorists that totally gridlocked traffic for several blocks around the Capitol building. It took a couple of weeks, but the legislators got the message. More than a few big rigs ignored the "no semi trucks downtown" traffic rules and joined in!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Arm yourself...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
THE ultimate truck protest!
😉

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/attention-u-s-truckers-how-to-starve-out-nyc-in-4-days/

You got it, it's gonna cause some innocent folks* to be uncomfortable for awhile, but aren't the mask and vaccination mandates uncomfortable.
Being under the bootheel of a petty tyrant is even more uncomfortable.

* - folks in the know will understand and cinch up their belts. They know.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deltakid
Dwayne, We have not communicated before, but I do have a question about Canadian government - can the parliament overturn all of Trudeau's actions and take him out of office. I guess I would be talking about a vote of no confidence. I must admit that I am terribly ignorant on the parliamentary form of government.

Jim

Jim;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope you're getting decent weather down in eastern Washington today. Prior to the world descending into whatever it's become, we used to love heading down to Spokane for a long weekend so the portion of eastern Washington between the Okanagan and there we know reasonably well.

I'm equally uninformed about US law making and governmental procedure sir, so in that regard we're in the same boat. grin

You are correct in that we don't have a recall option per se, but any bill or piece of legislature which is deemed a confidence motion piece then requires a majority of support in parliament for the current government to stand. Typically it's something like budgetary or more important pieces, but not always.

At present, the Liberals have 159 seats, the Conservatives 119, the Bloc Quebecois 32, the New Democratic Party - really, really left - 25, the Green 2 and one Independent.

If an MP breaks from party line and votes for their constituents for instance instead of following party edict, they're booted and will not be able to run again in that party - as the party leader has to sign off each MP running in each riding for the entire country.

Currently the far left NDP as well as the 2 Greens have been steadfast in their support of the Liberals regardless of how negative the impact on their constituents is.

I would opine that it doesn't help that the legacy media up here is solidly left in it's viewpoints, some like the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation are typically to the left of even the NDP in the viewpoints they espouse.

That all said sir, it's my hope that sufficient numbers of Canadians have awakened to the thought that it might not be a grand thing for any Federal government to be used to pulling an option this drastic out of the drawer. Again that example of some charismaniac sort of televangelist somehow coming to power seems to work on some of my left leaning acquaintances, but admittedly only some.

Hopefully that made sense and was useful and as always if any Canucks have amendments or corrections to my explanations, PLEASE do so! grin

Again I appreciate the interest sincerely and not the last time I'll ask for prayer if that's a thing or whatever is a thing we'll gratefully accept that too.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dwayne,
Thank you for your explanation. I am beginning to believe that all politics are designed to be incomprehensible to almost anyone of a thinking mind. I will keep Canada in my prayers, along with America. FYI, Spokane is slowly starting to go the direction of Seattle - the first ex-Seattlite was elected to the City Council. He hasn't started crying about all the leftist issues that need to be addressed, but I think it is just a matter of time.

Jim

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Would serve them right if all the tow trucks were done for "maintenance"!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

238 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,233 guests, and 1,109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.