Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Originally Posted by 1minute
A recently retired Air Force neighbor says we're now out classed in the air by both the Chinese and Russians. One needs to control the airways before he can take the ground. Pilots in our training sessions against their technology are being shot down before even detecting the enemy.

The trained ability to make crucial decisions absent guidance and control does not exist.
Ditto on that. Every decision for our fighter pilots comes from ground command as well. Sort of like our police situations today. When seconds count, they can be here in minutes to hours.

I bet our threatened economic sanctions really carry some weight. When was the last time one purchased anything fabricated by the Russians?

You’ve got that backwards. Russian fighters are far more reliant on their GCI than our guys, Air Force or Navy. That’s one of the reasons so many countries send their student pilots here (US) for their training. They’ve seen how well our aviators have performed real world. It’s been the norm for decades.

Damn right.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please. That article is complete and utter bullshit.

I have neither the time nor inclination to pick apart an article fawned over by losers who sleep under the very blanket of security provided for by our forces.

That said, in my humble opinion, the US should in no way get involved in combat, neither ground nor air, in a European conflict.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TreeMutt
We would get are ass kicked royally.

What a pathetically, and profoundly, stupid statement.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
US Constitution, article 1, section 8 (in part)
1. Congress shall have the power to....
11. To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
12. To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
13. To provide and maintain a Navy;
14. To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

Every war we've had since WWII has been illegal because none have been declared by congress. Biden does not have the authority to send troops to the Ukraine. But will anyone take a stand to stop him? Highly unlikely.

RINOS approve this message..

Well.. maybe they would, if enough of them ever showed up to vote on anything.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Vladimir Putin is the Adolf Hitler of 2022 and if he is allowed to invade Ukraine it will be analogous to Hitler's invasion of Czechoslovakia in 1938.
And what does it matter to us? Why would we spend one dollar or lose one drop of blood? George Washington gave good advice "stay out of the affairs of Europe".

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Why should we go to war to defend a corrupt dictatorship like Ukraine?

Other than to protect Gibberish Joe's and Hunter's "investments" and keep the lid on their criminal douchebaggery? None. Zero. Nada. We have no favorable, compelling strategic reasons to do so.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I do not want a peer to peer fight again in my lifetime, Joe Biden needs to shut his demented mouth and let Eastern European countries settle it

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
ukraine is of zero relevance to us. the russians own the black sea. we would not own the airspace in a fight with russia (or china), it would be hotly contested. who in their right mind commits to a land war against russia on the steppes in winter? what rule states that a war fought on the russian border stays there? show me a conflict when the neocons have been correct. reinstate the draft, without student deferments, for all genders, with higher i.q. and income kids called first; sasha and malia obama can be #1 and #2.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not let the Russians have Europe?

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhhh....bullshit.

This smells like the Military Industrial complex fishing for a complement....and a Trillion dollars.

Have heard this for decades, almost every time it's later learned we had
abilities far beyond the Russians.

Military command has 2 desires,
more capability,
A wealth building gig with a defense contractor.

Pretty hard to get a flag officer to not play up the need for toys.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I learned as a kid playing football in school that you better be WAY ahead before you start letting the forth-string guys play and that you lose ground really, really fast when you do.

I also learned that the rest of the team doesn't matter when the quarterback is an idiot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
when you count the number of times that Americans have fought and how many Americans died fighting in Europe for Europe,
i'd say some reciprocity was due.

Alongside the united nations, nato isnt giving back much in the way of benefit

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
when you count the number of times that Americans have fought and how many Americans died fighting in Europe for Europe,

If we started letting the Europeans fight their own battles, we'd see how fast their attitudes would change.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Why should we go to war to defend a corrupt dictatorship like Ukraine?

This is what ive been saying. We have zero business getting involved. Fugg ukraine

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

If we started letting the Europeans fight their own battles, we'd see how fast their attitudes would change.

Outsourcing their Defense to the US has allowed them to pay for many of the progressive/social programs they "enjoy".

If they totes the bill in dollars and people - the entire political and economic make up of Europe would be vastly different.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And that article is crap. We already invest far too much into the corrupt military industrial complex. See that article and ones like it for what they are

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Outsourcing their Defense to the US has allowed them to pay for many of the progressive/social programs they "enjoy".

If they totes the bill in dollars and people - the entire political and economic make up of Europe would be vastly different.

Agree there too!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hopefully we’ll see soon

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spending one U.S. DOLLAR on Ukraine is crazy. The first shot fired would collapse our economy. We couldn't defeat the Afghans. They were almost stone age. Reckon Russia would mind bringing our power grid to a standstill?

What the hell does Ukraine matter to us?

I understand Joe Biden's interest in Ukraine. Millions of $$$ in bribes.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Russia doesn’t have to fight European nations. Just shutdown the natural gas pipelines to them in winter or any other time.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,861
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.