-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve long hankered after one, but know I probably wouldn’t be happy with the accuracy. It’s a work of art nonetheless.

What fresh Hell is this?
GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Pappy, come on. There's no amount of filing you can do to that rifle to make it right. Nice try though. Valliant effort in imaginary skills to say the least. The last SA22 I saw was so nice. I should have bought it!!!! It was all original and in perfect condition, and was only $400. That was last year. The rifle was at a pawn shop that I rarely frequent. When I saw I made a mistake by not buying it, I went back and it was gone. I severely kicked my azz for not buying it when I saw it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like it would handle about like a club.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've a few Belgian SA-22's and think highly of same. Balance looks like it'd transfer from mid-receiver,to fore of same,though shy of fore end stock retention fastener. That'd simply mean warmer hands,to me. Hint.

The "HUGE" weight difference betwixt it and the "typical" version,is less than 1.5 pounds. I like that the barrel is more "fixed" and the cantilever base,is a sound mechanical notion. Where it gets hurt,is in relative trigger quality,if only due to literal design. KIDD steals that show. Hint.

Were it S/S and Laminate,I'd flog on one,if only to see WTF. Mag changes are gonna hurt it and Ruger again STEALS that Show. The Loudener would be easy to toss offa cliff and one KNOWS going in,that there won't be ANY blowback in the blinkers. A raised comb ain't gonna hurt production either. Hint.

Though in fairness...I actually fhuqking shoot. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wrong. Just wrong.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Pappy, come on. There's no amount of filing you can do to that rifle to make it right. Nice try though. Valliant effort in imaginary skills to say the least. The last SA22 I saw was so nice. I should have bought it!!!! It was all original and in perfect condition, and was only $400. That was last year. The rifle was at a pawn shop that I rarely frequent. When I saw I made a mistake by not buying it, I went back and it was gone. I severely kicked my azz for not buying it when I saw it..

Some decades ago there was one featured in a magazine with a full bull barrel, but no forend, and maybe some trickery to tighten up the connection. Standard stock though, so better looking than this wretched mess. Might not be quite as oogly as those tactical lever actions with the AR stocks, but it’s close.

Some things should just be left as-is.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's almost like someone at Browning said "hey, we need something for people to use in comps"...without understanding how matches are run...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Actully they said; "愚かなアメリカ人が買うと思うものをデザインする" (Orokana amerikahito ga kau to omou mono o dezain suru)

Last edited by tmitch; 02/19/22.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I rather enjoy Sleepers and it'd be funnier than fhuqk,if the "new" barrel mounting system,shone brightly. Hint................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tmitch
Actully they said; "愚かなアメリカ人が買うと思うものをデザインする" (Orokana amerikahito ga kau to omou mono o dezain suru)

Well played sir...lol!

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I rather enjoy Sleepers and it'd be funnier than fhuqk,if the "new" barrel mounting system,shone brightly. Hint................

I'm betting it helps, but all of the comps that I'm aware of require a removable magazine and won't allow anything tube-fed.

I'm surprised they didn't go carbon like they did with the Buckmark rifle.

My Buckmark rifle isn't carbon barreled, but is a RIOT when shooting Steel Challenge.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My LAST thought was "Comp's",just a Giggles Play Toy. I've had/have lotsa' 241's/SA-22's and they are fhuqking RELIABLE and that ain't not ever a poor start. Blued/Walnut is lost upon me and I'll never savvy the intro of same Today. Hint.

"Tradition" makes less than zero fhuqks to me,but Mechanics assuredly do and I'd be curious to see how this offering does. Hint...............

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
If a 10/22 or a Marlin 60 can run with an aluminum receiver (AND be made in takedown versions), they SHOULD be able to make a sa-22 that does as well. That, and a lightweight barrel (steel liner/aluminum shrouded, with enough steel in the shank to attach that cantilever scope mount adequately), along with a LIGHTWEIGHT synthetic stock, would have been something.

I’m not sure WHAT a heavy bull barrel, adds to this package.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Increased mass,is easier to shoot,less fhuqking around and coming in second with proprietary bullschit. Hint................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Does anyone have the standard in stock? When I purchased mine in 2019 my local Bass Pro happened to have one left and everyone else it was OOS. I check periodically and have never found them in stock. I thought they quit manufacturing them.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by mp44; 02/20/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Too easy to grab Teutonic and bask in the sanctity of superiority,for less jingle. Hint..............

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (300_savage, 257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,189 guests, and 792 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.