Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Love to see Stick on an episode of hoarders.
Lol

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ReeferLady,

I've NO "doubt",that your Imagination and Pretend are "rewarding" to you,as I 'suffer" wares that simply exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps you Do NOTHING Kchunts can combine your "powers",if only to keep things "fair". HINT!

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Dammmn it, I went with "horned up" and you went with "think about me". I almost went 4 for 4 on the Boxer Bigstick Bingo card.

I'll try again.

Imagination
Now you've seen one
Congrats?
Laughing

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slums,

It's almost like you think about me 24/7,because being you is soooooo much less...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You keep filling out them Hurt Feller Reports. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks for the advice thus far fellas

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

Thanks for DREAMING aloud,because this schit is fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I like 6-24 or 8-32 at 1000+ I'm usually at 16x - 20xor so. I could make do with a 4 - 16X though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slums,

You suck a mean ass...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
What a weird homo-erotic thing to say.

Didn't mean to get you horned up!

Why don't you try to add to the conversation? Or is that all you do, put everyone down from your lonely "bachelor" pad? What a sad life.

I'm going to go shoot my new TSO.You should try shooting sometime, not building on your 50,000+ posts!

Let me guess,

Blah blah pretend
Blah blah imagine
Blah blah congrats
Blah blah laughing

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’d like to see tiny D*cks 1000 yard shots group….it’s probably with 6x scope and hack sawed barrel to 18”. Don’t forget to soak it in the creek for the photo opp. Then throw on the ground few times. As long as it had yellow or Red electrical tape on the scope caps with gold rust oleum paint job it’s the best of the best Of the best.
Come on you fat f*ck, post some pics of that 1000 yard target and I’m still waiting on that bear pic on your shoulders you photoshopped. Lots of cred!
Sorry in advance to detail the thread

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Or just post some pics from this decade.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CRYING Kchunts UNITE,in THE Twatly Trifecta and "brazenly" extoll your HILARIOUS Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Nothing to add?

What a sad POS.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slums,

Sorry for the delay,not "much" new here...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Big Stick must be a bot. It always has to post the last word, all the while adding nothing of value. It posts the same recycled 20 year old pictures or a few new ones showing very impressive envelopes!

Anyway, thanks for showing a hunting rifle in a thread about 1000 yard IBS competitions. You should do a little reading and learn the difference between sporter and benchrest and tactical rifles. It would serve you well. If you want, I can give you a lesson. We could start with rifles, then cover optics, and then cameras/lenses. With you starting from scratch, it would be tiresome for me, but I know I'd be doing the world a favor.

Oh, let me guess, a quick reply that says nothing about the thread's subject, just some poorly spelled insults, and the same repeated phrases, over and over and over.

blah blah imagination pretend
blah blah insecurity and couch
blah blah fixate and feelers
blah blah congrats?
blah blah laughing.

What a dolt.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slums,

I LOVE your Hurt Feeler Reports...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I WIN!!! I WIN!!! BINGO!!! BINGO!!!

I had Feelers, Congrats, and Laughing!!! 3 for 3 in Boxer Bigstick Bingo.

You're unnecessary. Its so easy to predict what you're going to say.

Let me know when you want that much needed lesson in shooting.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
slums,

It's almost like you think about me 24/7,because being you is soooooo much less...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You keep filling out them Hurt Feller Reports. Hint.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Trystan
Hey y'all, I'm screwing an unfired 6.5 creedmoor CTR barrel on my tikka action and adding a KRG Bravo chassis. I've played around at 1000 yds with my previous stock tikka T3 lite many times and had a bunch of fun. The biggest problem I encountered was my fixed 10 power SS scope I have was lacking in spotting hits at 1000 yds. Basically I was playing on the cheap and couldn't really justify spending the dollars for a more expensive scope. Since I'm making an upgrade I'm now ready to spend some money on some glass.

So, what scopes have you guys used that will spot hits with a 6.5 sized bullet at 1000 yds? What bullets have you had the best results with? I always liked the 147 eld. I'm looking to enter a few competitions just for fun so I am willing to spend whatever it takes to do so in a realistic way.

Thank you kindly and your welcome in advance

Trystan

Did you get anything out of your OP? A lot of crap slinging, as per usual. I run Nightforce scopes and easily spot my hits when cranked up to 20x (5-20x56 SHV) and 22 on a NXS 5.5-22x56. I don't shoot big plates though. 12" diameter at 1,000 and 1,400 yards. Use a good backstop, so you can see your splash better. I can easily see hits on the hillside or rock this steel plate is attached to, then easily dial to the steel plate:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There are other great scopes that work well, just depends on how much you want to spend. I shot a varmint silhouette match yesterday. Targets went out to 714 yards with a cold bore shoot on a milk jug at 800 yards. Most guys there were using Nightforce (SHV, NXS, Atacr and Beast), Leupold VX6HD's, US Optics, Vortex, Leica and Tract Torics. No SWFA's there, unfortunately, and no Bushnells either:

I was actually considering a Zeiss V4 6-24x50 the other day, just to try out. I'm sure it would be easy to spot hits with that one as well, as the glass clarity is very good. You say you'll be shooting IBS 1,000 yard matches. I'm assuming light gun? You should check with your club and see what they prefer. You may be surprised to know that most guys shooting those events are using 20x-50x scopes... Just a FYI..

It may be easier to spot your shots after changing stocks and adding the CTR barrel, as your rifle will be a little heavier than your lite originally was. Is there a reason you didn't just buy a CTR or even a Tac A1? I shoot CTR's and have no complaints... Also, a little more magnification will allow you to spot hits easier. As for using the right bullet, let your rifle tell you what it prefers. Mine really like the 140 ELD match bullet. I have messed with the 147 a little bit in my CTR's, but haven't found the magic combo yet, just ho hum:
That's not good enough IMHO for shooting out to 1,000+ especially if you are going to shoot competition. Find a load that bugholes those groups and then try them at 400+ yards to confirm they are good. For that varmint silhouette match, I just used my 22-250 with 53gr Vmax and did well because wind was minimal. If it would have been windy, I would have pulled out the creedmoor. As it is, the 53gr Vmax shoots pretty good. During practice recently, I confirmed rifle and load for the distances I knew I'd be shooting on Saturday:

At those distances, I run my scope at 20X, which is maxed out on magnification. Works like a champ.. Good luck with your shooting and deciding on which scope you will use Trystan..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Bsa, I have a donor tikka so opted to get the new take off CTR barrel and KRG Bravo chassis with AICS mags. I think I'll like the KRG better than the CTR stock. One other reason is I prefer the earlier T3 action over the T3X due to the ejection port not being opened up. IMO removing metal from the action reduced the integrity to a small degree. I have a barrel vice and the tools to get the job done so no wait on a gunsmith. Tikkas are machined very precise so its almost 100% chance it will headspace when I screw on the CTR barrel. I will double check headspace to make sure.

The KRG Bravo is a light chassis, I think I'll be ok there. I will visit with the fellas more about that.

Nightforce and SWFA have both intrigued me. I haven't been keeping up on the newest and latest in the scope world which is the biggest reason for my post. Want to see whats all out there before I pull the trigger

As for the usual crap slinging, the man who has all the answers and knows more than anyone else was unable to come up with any correct answers. Instead you get, I've shot my mouth more than anyone else, longer than anyone else, and knowbody can outshoot a mouth the size of mine for an answer! Go figure

You posted a lot of useful information and its much appreciated. Thanks for the tip on the 140s vs 147s. I've seen the 140s work better in a number of rifles. I was fortunate in my swede that the 147s were the cats meow. Lately have been having some great results with 140 and 147s with RL 23. It likes to be compressed before ES SD numbers drop into single digits

On a side note the barrel, chassis have shown up and today according to tracking 200 pieces of lapua small primer brass and 2 AICS mags will be coming in the mail. I'm looking forward to moving forward on this project. Thanks for your time BSA its much appreciated along with some of the other fellas who posted on this thread

Last edited by Trystan; 02/21/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 51 invisible), 2,725 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.