-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Few things funnier,than a Retard Round Up and you Melting Snowflakes are a Fhuqking CLUELESS Riot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Few things funnier,than a Retard Round Up and you Melting Snowflakes are a Fhuqking CLUELESS Riot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

What's a clueless riot? Tell us the friend story 😂

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

Now you can say you've "seen" a 'Bravo...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Which makes this,yet another BIG Day for you! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Trystain,

Now you can say you've "seen" a 'Bravo...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

How high is the killing number on the Peter Pan Bullet?
😂😂😂

Last edited by Trystan; 02/21/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I thought you were asking about "budget" 1000 yards options. Sounds like you're looking at nicer options. I'd be looking at NF Competition, s&b 12-50, March, or Kahles 10-50.

I'm very happy with the NF Comp on my dasher.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Trystan
Hey y'all, I'm screwing an unfired 6.5 creedmoor CTR barrel on my tikka action and adding a KRG Bravo chassis. I've played around at 1000 yds with my previous stock tikka T3 lite many times and had a bunch of fun. The biggest problem I encountered was my fixed 10 power SS scope I have was lacking in spotting hits at 1000 yds. Basically I was playing on the cheap and couldn't really justify spending the dollars for a more expensive scope. Since I'm making an upgrade I'm now ready to spend some money on some glass.

So, what scopes have you guys used that will spot hits with a 6.5 sized bullet at 1000 yds? What bullets have you had the best results with? I always liked the 147 eld. I'm looking to enter a few competitions just for fun so I am willing to spend whatever it takes to do so in a realistic way.

Thank you kindly and your welcome in advance

Trystan

I’ve got a Bushnell DMR II Pro that has been outstanding. I’ve taken it out to a mile with no issues. In your shoes, I’d be looking hard at the Bushnell DMR III, which has replaced the DMR II Pro. If you’re a vet or LE, Bushnell has some hefty discounts.

https://www.bushnell.com/elite-tact...-riflescope-g4p-reticle/BU-ETDMR3G4.html

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'64,

That's purty mean,beings Trystain cashes her "pay check" at a Taco Bell Drive-Thru Window. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
‘Stick,
What’s up with the model 70?
Seen pics you’ve posted in a couple threads and know they are far from your favorite way to roll.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
8" RPM,3" box,147 Smooches and some laughs. Hint...............

IC B3

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
None of those pics are of a 1000 yard group. Just more useless pics of scopes and bullets that everybody has seen 1000s of times! SMH.
Post something productive and informative. You get the Hint?
BSA had the best reply yet. Thanks for that bud.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drool,

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Keep "living" vicariously,as you set astride your Couchbound Kchunt,glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel. Your High Pitched Nasal Whine,sure is soothin'! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by Trystan
Hey y'all, I'm screwing an unfired 6.5 creedmoor CTR barrel on my tikka action and adding a KRG Bravo chassis. I've played around at 1000 yds with my previous stock tikka T3 lite many times and had a bunch of fun. The biggest problem I encountered was my fixed 10 power SS scope I have was lacking in spotting hits at 1000 yds. Basically I was playing on the cheap and couldn't really justify spending the dollars for a more expensive scope. Since I'm making an upgrade I'm now ready to spend some money on some glass.

So, what scopes have you guys used that will spot hits with a 6.5 sized bullet at 1000 yds? What bullets have you had the best results with? I always liked the 147 eld. I'm looking to enter a few competitions just for fun so I am willing to spend whatever it takes to do so in a realistic way.

Thank you kindly and your welcome in advance

Trystan

I’ve got a Bushnell DMR II Pro that has been outstanding. I’ve taken it out to a mile with no issues. In your shoes, I’d be looking hard at the Bushnell DMR III, which has replaced the DMR II Pro. If you’re a vet or LE, Bushnell has some hefty discounts.

John

I ordered this scope today! The advice from all was much appreciated

A special thank you to Peter Pan and his encouragement to persue magical fantasies and 12 year old teenage antics! Keep up the good fight against Captian Hook you hard charger, we are all rooting for your safe return from wonderland

Trystan

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

Pardon wares that exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

Do you have to buy direct from them for the veteran discount?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If you actually want to compete in IBS sanctioned matches, start by learning the rules and attending matches and find out what is competitive. There are likely gear limitations and weight restrictions etc.

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Just thought I would give a quick update on this build! I have exactly 105 round down the tube now and the shooting system is showing some promise. We played around at 100 yds with RL 23 and 140 eldms with small rifle 6.5 creedmoor Lapua brass with CCI450 primers. I haven't had all that much time for playing so really haven't experimented with more powders, bullet combos like I want to but eventually will get to that point.

This is how reloads have gone so far............The rifle put shots 7,8,9 in one raged hole! I bumped around a bit to get an idea of where I was and than went back to the same load only a different seating depth that was landing on a better seating node and one ragged hole again. 26 rounds down the tube at this point and back yard load data was close enouph so I spent the next week going to the range and playing around at 500 yds. I don't figure a barrel is broke in until at least 100 rounds so I really don't get to excited about what's happening I just want rounds down the tube at this point! I started with a 3 shot group at 500 yds that looked to be an 1" and a quarterish. I than moved on to some 5 shot groups thru the week with frequent barrel cleaning and shooting in some windy conditions. Nothing was overly impressive although nothing was over 3" groups either. I really wasn't to worried since I was breaking the barrel in terms of getting it to settle in velocity wise. I made a small adjustment on my load dropping a 10th of a grain and proceeded to shoot a 10 shot group at 500yds with 8 rounds being inside a 2" circle and two flyers. I attributed the fliers to some exessive runout around 7 thou on a few rounds and it may have needed a good cleaning. I came home, cleaned the rifle, and loaded up 5 more rounds with another small adjustment in dies dropping runout the 2 thou or less. I shot 5 in about a .3 ish group. I haven't physically measured because well I guess I don't get hung up on exact measurements this early on. Not saying its right its just what I do. I loaded up 50 rounds and this morning will be headed out to stretch it out to 1000 yds on steel. We shoot a 12" square steel plate and the fellas I shoot with usually play a game where you basically see who can get the most hits in a row. The wind can blow pretty good where we shoot so at times it can be a challenge. I'm excited and hoping for a great session this morning. Should be fun

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Even birds know not to land downwind!
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Had some mixed results at 1015 yds today. I started by putting the first 5 rounds of the 6.5 creedmoor 140 elds on a 12X12 inch steel plate with 4 of the 5 rounds in a 5" group with one flier....ish. &&! My shooting partner put 4 out of 5 on steel with his 338 lapua improved however the wind started blowing by the time he started shooting and the sun peeked thru the clouds picking up mirage a bit! Not to mention he new his load was going to have a bit of verticle string because he didn't have time to load for the temps we were going to be shooting in so shot what he had. By my calculations he was outshooting me considering the wind and mirage he had to deal with. My next 5 shots were all misses!!! We finally came to the conclusion that my spotter had misspotted and was having me hold wind xxx&& incorrectly. I made my own adjustment, got on the plate again and put another 5 out of 5 on steel. Wind was starting to get with the program so packed up and went home. Fun day of shooting.

I thought about inviting Big Stick but we didn't have any 3' steel plates to set up at 1000 yds for him! Big Stick......Big Target goes hand in hand whilst building his false sense of acomplishments! I would not have mentioned Stick but I figured mentioning at least one famous character makes the shooting story that much better

Last edited by Trystan; 05/04/22.

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
BSA I’ve got the V4 in 6x24x50 and 4x16x44 and prefer the 4x16 more due to the reticle and both scopes track very well.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

681 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,663 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,235
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.