Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I’m needing guidance on a replacement stock for a NIB Remington Model 7 6mm.
I’m wanting a wood stock and I’ve looked at Stocky Stock’s and they look pretty nice in the low grade pictures on their website, and they say that they are made specifically for the Model’s they fit.
I’m looking for a forever stock and only want to do this once, are they as advertised by Stocky’s or are there other quality makers I should look at as well.
Or should I simply pay the Remington price for their wood stock and be done with it.
Appreciate any input.
John

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Don't know if Stocky's are any better than Boyds but you could always take a look. And, I'm gonna guess Remington does not make their own stocks.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Thank you Craig,
I have verified that Remington has indeed brought the Stock division in house, at least the wooden rifle stocks.
I’ll give Boyd’s a look, for some reason I thought they were Composite only.
Appreciate your input.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
2nd's on Boyds

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have 6 Boyds stocks in different configurations. Have another on the way, also satin.
5 with a satin finish, 1 with a gloss finish. Not impressed with their gloss finish. Nothing like a Remington, Browning, ect. . Looks thick.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ilion had a large stock making area for making stocks in the 60’s, I was there. Not sure what’s up now.
I am not too impressed with Boyd’s stocks, though I’d buy one if nothing better was available. The best stock I ever bought was from Herters - a “C” grade varmint stock.
Bishop and Fajon were just down the road from each other and there’s a new operation there now. I called to buy a stock from them. The guy who answered the phone didn’t know the answer to any of my questions. He finally got frustrated and yelled into the phone that they made the best stocks in the world. That was the end of the conversation and I didn’t buy any stocks from them.

Last edited by Bugger; 02/20/22.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Look at Richards micro fit fon stocks. I'm working on one for a Mauser right now.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Bugger
Ilion had a large stock making area for making stocks in the 60’s, I was there. Not sure what’s up now.
I am not too impressed with Boyd’s stocks, though I’d buy one if nothing better was available. The best stock I ever bought was from Herters - a “C” grade varmint stock.
Bishop and Fajon were just down the road from each other and there’s a new operation there now. I called to buy a stock from them. The guy who answered the phone didn’t know the answer to any of my questions. He finally got frustrated and yelled into the phone that they made the best stocks in the world. That was the end of the conversation and I didn’t buy any stocks from them.

What's the name of "the new operation" ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have one stockys laminated. It says Remington on the butt pad. Very nice stock. I’ve owned one Boyd’s and have another on order. The one I owned was decent, not super quality, but reasonably priced and very serviceable.

NRA Patron

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 53 invisible), 1,975 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.