Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
LGS has a really clean Winchester Model 94 .375 Win Big Bore. (And a box of factory ammo smile ). I did a quick search on GB completed listings. Looks like they have sold recently everywhere from $800 to $2200. What are the differentiators for value on a 94 XTR Big Bore?

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Well, IMO, They're a good gun, and a great round.
The .375 Winchester Round needs no advertising in my book.
Last I saw the NIB ones were going for about $1200.00 Bucks.
As far as the Differentiators for Value, I am not sure really what your asking.
They're a good gun, and a good Round.
I guess Condition, and what people can ask for there's!
It does seem like everything else that they just keep going up in Value, like everything else!
What is your LGS asking?
The ammo is around $75.00-100.00 Bucks for 20 rds. 200- 250 grain

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I did the same search and other than condition (and one commemorative), it seems it's just the vagaries of an auction. Get a couple people bidding on the same rifle and sometimes common sense goes out the window.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
It does seem like everything else that they just keep going up in Value, like everything else!
What is your LGS asking?

Good post. As for "value", it is highly dependent on where and how it is listed and of course condition. Keep in mind that gunbroker has some exceptionally high prices. You might see one in the $2,000.00 range there. Locally, I'd expect to pay about half that or even less. That may just be me though. The last one I saw locally, was less than a year ago and it was the twin to mine. Even made in the same year:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It (the rifle at the gunshow, not the one pictured) was $800 at a small town gunshow and it came with 2 boxes of ammo. That's how I buy though. Many, it seems, don't roll the way I do. Probably why prices are so high on gunbroker. As a hobby, I roam the gunshows and small mom and pop shops. You guys would be amazed at the deals that can still be found, if you just get out and look around. Also, ammo and new brass can still be found. Ammo can be tricky though. Some/a lot have caught on and know its worth money. A couple years ago, I ran across a couple boxes for $25/box and just a few months ago, I ran across a small shop that had 500+ pieces of new starline brass for the 375 winchester. They were wanting too much money and I told them that. They asked what I'd be willing to pay. I told them that Starline sells it, so I would not pay more for it than what they charge. The store owner agreed and said he would sell it to me at starline's price. I didn't buy it because I saw some cheaper. That was at a gunshow for $15/50 pcs. Still kicking myself in the azz for not doing that and that was also last year at a small town gunshow that my club puts on every other month.. It is very nice that you can still find brass and shoot these rifles.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by tmitch
I did the same search and other than condition (and one commemorative), it seems it's just the vagaries of an auction. Get a couple people bidding on the same rifle and sometimes common sense goes out the window.

Yeah, its much better to find one in a little hole in the wall shop or small town gunshow.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Appreciate the input. This was a “ little hole in the wall” LGS. However, he has it listed at $1400. I’m sure he has some wiggle room to horse trade. But I wouldn’t see it getting down to $800-$1000.

I have less than zero need for the rifle. But it did make an impression. Don’t see many like that in these parts. 😀

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Appreciate the input. This was a “ little hole in the wall” LGS. However, he has it listed at $1400. I’m sure he has some wiggle room to horse trade. But I wouldn’t see it getting down to $800-$1000.

I have less than zero need for the rifle. But it did make an impression. Don’t see many like that in these parts. 😀

Some shops are getting smarter/wiser. It also depends on the area you live in. I passed on a damn Marlin 375 last summer for $600.00. Had I known what I know now, I would have ripped out my wallet so fast it would have made your head spin.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
What is your LGS asking?

Good post. As for "value", it is highly dependent on where and how it is listed and of course condition. Keep in mind that gunbroker has some exceptionally high prices. You might see one in the $2,000.00 range there. Locally, I'd expect to pay about half that or even less. That may just be me though. The last one I saw locally, was less than a year ago and it was the twin to mine. Even made in the same year:

It (the rifle at the gunshow, not the one pictured) was $800 at a small town gunshow and it came with 2 boxes of ammo. That's how I buy though. Many, it seems, don't roll the way I do. Probably why prices are so high on gunbroker. As a hobby, I roam the gunshows and small mom and pop shops. You guys would be amazed at the deals that can still be found, if you just get out and look around. Also, ammo and new brass can still be found. Ammo can be tricky though. Some/a lot have caught on and know its worth money. A couple years ago, I ran across a couple boxes for $25/box and just a few months ago, I ran across a small shop that had 500+ pieces of new starline brass for the 375 winchester. They were wanting too much money and I told them that. They asked what I'd be willing to pay. I told them that Starline sells it, so I would not pay more for it than what they charge. The store owner agreed and said he would sell it to me at starline's price. I didn't buy it because I saw some cheaper. That was at a gunshow for $15/50 pcs. Still kicking myself in the azz for not doing that and that was also last year at a small town gunshow that my club puts on every other month.. It is very nice that you can still find brass and shoot these rifles.

Mine has the same sling attachment lugs. I had assumed that they were add ons. Did they all come with them?

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

Some shops are getting smarter/wiser. It also depends on the area you live in. I passed on a damn Marlin 375 last summer for $600.00. Had I known what I know now, I would have ripped out my wallet so fast it would have made your head spin.

Yep. He is starting to use GB a bit for his more up scale pieces. And even the items that he does not list, I think he uses GB to figure out pricing.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I do remember you passing on that for the $600.00 Bucks!
Heck, we've all been there before on different items!
I stocked up on so much .375 Ammo, and components, Brass & Bullets, even had a friend reload some for me as he wanted to make a trade, of some kind a few yrs. back.
I think I've got 4 or 5 of the .375's now,in one of the Safe's, just because, they were still cheap, and believe it or not, I thought it was a secret, and nobody seemed to catch on!
Well as we all know now the Secret is out, and darn near everyone wants one!
HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yep. He is starting to use GB a bit for his more up scale pieces. And even the items that he does not list, I think he uses GB to figure out pricing.

I've been seeing more and more of that too. Its a shame really. Some great gunshops going down the drain. I guess they are in it for the money, but it was better even 5 years ago, when they were selling to locals instead of the internet bidders.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Even in today's market, the .375's are the "bargain buy" in 94's of the Big Bore and XTR era. They can still be "reasonably" had for under a grand.

Just recently a freakin' .30-30 XTR went for almost $2400 on GB !!!! The .444 Big Bores are $2k-ish and the Waters, .307 and .356 all start at $1k and go up considerably from there. Whether this is a bubble, a boom or the new normal............ I don't know. But, it seriously has me considering turning all my 94's from that era into cash, right now.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
NIB around 2000 plus
Nice ones 1500
I found a beat up truck xtr 375 and by the time I got to it they sold for 1000

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jim2914
NIB around 2000 plus
Nice ones 1500
I found a beat up truck xtr 375 and by the time I got to it they sold for 1000

And that is why gunbroker does so well. You got hillbillies in some areas wanting that much money for theirs. In other areas, like where I used to live, and even where I live now, you can find rifles like that for $800. Some damn near new with the original boxes. I'll be hitting up a few gunshops today and I know I will run into a money maker of some sort. The question is, will I buy it???

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Yoder409
Even in today's market, the .375's are the "bargain buy" in 94's of the Big Bore and XTR era. They can still be "reasonably" had for under a grand.

Just recently a freakin' .30-30 XTR went for almost $2400 on GB !!!! The .444 Big Bores are $2k-ish and the Waters, .307 and .356 all start at $1k and go up considerably from there. Whether this is a bubble, a boom or the new normal............ I don't know. But, it seriously has me considering turning all my 94's from that era into cash, right now.
2400.00 for an XTR .30-30 ? Holy crap ! I've got one in like new condition in my safe that I paid 550.00. for just 5 or 6 years ago.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Yoder409

2400.00 for an XTR .30-30 ? Holy crap ! I've got one in like new condition in my safe that I paid 550.00. for just 5 or 6 years ago.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/919222348

The question you gotta ask yourself, now, is................ are you a shooter or are you an investor ??

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I too, like the 375 Winchester. I have a pristine Winchester BB XTR in 375, three Marlin 375s, one 99 Savage in 375 and one Ruger No.3 in 375. I don't foresee selling any of them. The cartridge is effective and very easy to load, as are most straight wall cartridges.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've come so close to purchasing a 375 Winchester many times, but God and common sense stopped me because I have a 356 Winchester.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The 356 is in another class - a significant step up from the power of the 375 Winchester. I also have beautiful 94 AE in 356 Winchester. My only reservation with the 94 Big Bores is that they are so pretty, I am reluctant to take them in the field.

T.S.

NRA Endowment Member
Firearms Accumulator
Proud Trumpster!!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TexasShooter
The 356 is in another class - a significant step up from the power of the 375 Winchester. I also have beautiful 94 AE in 356 Winchester. My only reservation with the 94 Big Bores is that they are so pretty, I am reluctant to take them in the field.

T.S.

I'm far prettier, and worth more, and I take myself afield.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,462 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.