Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RickBin Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ladies and Gentlemen:

1] Firstly, the 24hourcampfire Classifieds run on the concept of CAVEAT EMPTOR (BUYER BEWARE), and also of individual responsibility.

24HOURCAMPFIRE DOES NOT GET INVOLVED IN DISPUTES BETWEEN THIRD PARTIES RESULTING FROM FREE CLASSIFIEDS TRANSACTIONS!

A] BUYER BEWARE - You as a buyer, and only you, are responsible to do all your due diligence before you agree to purchase anything, and MAKE SURE you do not get defrauded. When you enter into a transaction to purchase an item, you as the buyer ASSUME ALL RISKS. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

B] You are responsible for complying with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations which affect the sale and transfer of any and all items sold, purchased, or otherwise transferred from party to party, including firearms and ammunition. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE SURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL FFL REQUIREMENTS!

2] SUGGESTIONS:

A] CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD. Recent scammers have been able to access the account of longstanding members of websites across the Internet by hacking other databases/websites for login credentials. If a member is using the same username/password on multiple websites the scammers are able to utilize those credentials to login to ANY website where they are valid. They can run an Internet search for a username, and they are then able to login using that common password. Then, they impersonate a long-time member and try to make quick sales, OFTEN RESPONDING TO WTB ADS, or posting BELOW-MARKET PRICES on desireable items ... and demanding instant digital payment.

So ...

MAKE YOUR PASSWORD DIFFICULT: Use CAPITAL and lower case letters, numbers, AND SYMBOLS.

HAVE A UNIQUE, HIGHLY SECURE PASSWORD FOR EVERY WEBSITE! This is key.

B] VENMO, ZELLE, PAYPAL (especially F&F (friends and family)), and other instant payment methods offer NO or VERY LITTLE RECOURSE for buyers. Postal Money Orders are overrated and not much better. THINK TWICE before doing business with a seller who insists on one of these types of payments. Consider writing PERSONAL CHECKS or funding through a CREDIT CARD that offers you recourse as a buyer.

BUYER BEWARE!

FOLLOW ALL LAWS!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With regards to personal checks, how long does it take for them to clear these days?

I've started using a password manager, which is part of my antivirus software, to generate and save unique passwords that contain a crazy combination of characters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sad state we are in that it was necessary for you to post this Rick.......................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it’s a strange world now.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Yes

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personal checks only take three days, or less, these days…
Your bank can tell you once they’ve cleared. A phone call to them after three days and you’ll know.

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Where can we post a warning on a particular seller...one who i am 99% sure tried to rip me off today??
(He answered a ad of mine where I was looking for a Trijicon RMR)

Lots of BIG BORES...600 is my Favorite but have BIGGER!💥
Wondering - once the personal check clears , and the seller never sends the goods. How is the check writer protected ?

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Im trying to Pm some one interested in a few things and it wont let me pm says Im not at that level? am i doing somthing wrong?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fairlane289
Im trying to Pm some one interested in a few things and it wont let me pm says Im not at that level? am i doing somthing wrong?

Nope, you are just too new of a member to have PM privileges yet.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by fairlane289

Nope, you are just too new of a member to have PM privileges yet.
Specifically needs 50 posts.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
50 posts seems a bit excessive.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I think this forum needs to limit the number of posts you can have on a single page in the classifieds. I wont name names but there is someone recently who fills a entire page up with stuff that nobody wants and bumps it every single day sometimes more times. It's not fair to others as their posts are easy to overlook or not even get looked at.

Last edited by ktk120; 09/13/23.
S
S
Concur!

B
B
Thank you for the information.

L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
good info thank you

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
I would not send a personal check. USPS may lose it or if it is a scammer they will have your checking acct number and your address.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Originally Posted by 35__Whelen
Wondering - once the personal check clears, and the seller never sends the goods. How is the check writer protected ?

With a personal check, if you get scammed, you have a recourse to file a criminal report with LEO. Fraud, Interstate Wire Fraud, etc.... if in fact it was fraud.
But my problem with my personal check, is they'll have my account number.

I prefer PP and pay/add the fees to the seller, but a Credit Card is the best way. Most Card Companies give you a 30 day product refund/grace period,
including Not receiving the item you paid for.
On wire transfers, I "believe" there is a 3-day period to recoup any money back after being scammed. And after that, you can pretty much kiss that money goodbye.

I have on occasion, had the seller to take their firearm to an FFL in their hometown (to my choosing). I call that FFL 1st and ask if they can look over the gun, as for condition and the right/same gun I'm buying and if they'll do the transfer, once the seller takes it to them. I also tell the FFL I will pay x-amount of money for them to do this, or ask what would they charge to do it for me to avoid being scammed. And once they say they have the firearm in their physical possession to ship to my FFL, I pay the seller by PP (F&F) or credit card.
Other than that, I don't need a firearm that bad, cheap or not.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.