Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I am tempted by Huffines. But am worried of either a planned double cross or unplanned Claytie Williams debacle.

Got a flyer today from a group calling themselves the Conservative Republicans of Texas. with a "sample ballot" of who to vote for.

I'm open to a discourse on who to vote for.

Please let's try to do no personal attacks. (I probably just wasted my time typing that)

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What did the sample ballot say about the Governorship?

Abbott is a political windsock rather than a conservative compass.

Huffines talks about eliminating property taxes and closing the border, but he better have a big pair to even try.

West... Isn't a Texan.

Prather has some common sense, but I think they'd chew him up in Austin.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
They picked Huffines.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If you vote for Huffines in the primary then you're a making a huge mistake. You need to think big picture and long term. The GOP needs to quit infighting and get solidly behind the candidate that can beat Bobby O'Dork who will be the DEM nominee. The GOP needs someone with statewide name recognition and not some dark horse which means Abbott (and I'm not an Abbott fan but I am a realist). There will be hundreds of millions of dollars in donations flooding TX from CA and NY to support O'Dork. Remember when he ran against Cruz for senate? He nearly won that seat and the DEMs know that! GOP voters will vote GOP. DEM voters will vote DEM. Neither of those 2 groups will choose the Gov. That will be chosen by the independents and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone with no statewide name recognition. The 2022 election is critical and it isn't the right hill to die on.

I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MAC
If you vote for Huffines in the primary then you're a making a huge mistake. You need to think big picture and long term. The GOP needs to quit infighting and get solidly behind the candidate that can beat Bobby O'Dork who will be the DEM nominee. The GOP needs someone with statewide name recognition and not some dark horse which means Abbott (and I'm not an Abbott fan but I am a realist). There will be hundreds of millions of dollars in donations flooding TX from CA and NY to support O'Dork. Remember when he ran against Cruz for senate? He nearly won that seat and the DEMs know that! GOP voters will vote GOP. DEM voters will vote DEM. Neither of those 2 groups will choose the Gov. That will be chosen by the independents and they ARE NOT going to vote for someone with no statewide name recognition. The 2022 election is critical and it isn't the right hill to die on.

I grew up in CO which was solidly RED and the GOP did the same thing there that I see TX doing. They fractured to party by going against the known candidates and nominating lesser known candidates. The DEMs capitalized on that and took the Gov mansion and then huge money came in from CA and more than a million people from CA moved to the state. It is now solidly Blue and that happened in 3 or 4 election cycles. If you vote unwisely in this election and let O'Dork win the Gov mansion in Austin then you can kiss TX goodbye!

Precisely my thoughts. I voted yesterday.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Me and the wife voted early and voted for Abbot.

Things just don't seem right to me about someone that i have never heard of running.

Besides the LT.Governor has the real power.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like Huffines, but the devil you know is better than the one you don't know. I know zip about Huffines. I like Prather, but he has no chance really.

What about other races?

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 1911a1
They picked Huffines.

Huffines or West.

I know too many who are close to Abbott and say hes a Rino. Closed our schools and churches and restaurants. Put many out of business permanently.

We need someone with balls. He has less than Noems in S Dakota.

Both the others will block the border.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
I like Huffines, but the devil you know is better than the one you don't know. I know zip about Huffines. I like Prather, but he has no chance really.

What about other races?

He worked for years as a state senator for no pay. Even paid his own way to meetings and hotel and travel. Self made business man knows the law and .... hes kinda unreal.

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Way back in ’67, William F. Buckley Jr. told interviewer Bill Barry how to pick among candidates in a Republican primary: “I’d be for the most right, viable candidate who could win.”

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm done with Abbott: he's waffled on everything: constitutional carry, child mutilation (medical transgendering), abortion, CRT, you name it.

I already voted early for Don Huffines, the RINO's in Austin hate him and see him as an outsider like Donald Trump.

Abbott has had his turn and he's found wanting, time to take out the trash.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...t-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...imary-election/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texas Right to Life Endorses Candidates—But Not Gov. Abbott—in March Primary Election

https://texasscorecard.com/state/co...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Most notably, the group selected former State Sen. Don Huffines as its pick for the gubernatorial race. Huffines is currently part of a field of Republican challengers facing incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in the hotly contested primary election.

“Don Huffines is a Christian, Constitutional conservative who will finish the border wall, ban all vaccine mandates, and secure our elections,” the group wrote. “He is a successful businessman who knows what it’s like to meet a payroll and have families depend on the decisions he makes. He is pro-free enterprise and strongly anti-communist. He will uphold our traditional family values.”

https://texasscorecard.com/state/re...al-race-theory/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Abbott has recently faced criticism for allowing Texas’ state agencies to teach CRT to public employees.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/go...-family-pledge/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

As Gov. Greg Abbott repeatedly refuses to act on several GOP priority child protection laws, Texas’ new pro-family organization continues to pressure him and top state lawmakers.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...r-2022-primary/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texans Uniting for Reform & Freedom (TURF) compiled its 2022 Primary Voter Guide to assess candidates’ positions on toll roads, transportation policy (including accountability and transparency), and property rights.

TURF’s affiliated PAC Texans for Toll-Free Highways used the surveys as the basis for their candidate endorsements.

TTH endorsed two statewide candidates: Don Huffines for governor and Louie Gohmert for attorney general.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/ab...y-voting-guide/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Early voting for the statewide March primary election began Monday, and Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) has just released their voting guide, consisting of candidates who pledged to end abortion in Texas.

The names of 73 candidates are included in the guide covering federal, statewide, and state races.

Gov. Greg Abbott’s name is notably absent from the list. However, two of his Republican primary challengers—Allen West and Don Huffines—have signed the AATX pledge.

AATX does note that while West has “promised to sign legislation without exceptions, his website still says he will not tell a woman who has been raped not to have an abortion.”

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If I lived there, I'd be voting for Chad Prather.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by BRISTECD

What about other races?

He worked for years as a state senator for no pay. Even paid his own way to meetings and hotel and travel. Self made business man knows the law and .... hes kinda unreal.

Just like Donald Trump.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Home school parents are voting for Don Huffines:

https://texasscorecard.com/state/fa...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Republican gubernatorial candidate Don Huffines received the endorsement of the Texas Home School Coalition.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HYMR6vNWtdQ&pp=QAFIAQ%3D%3D

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://texasscorecard.com/state/gov-abbott-booed-at-trump-rally/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Gov. Abbott ‘Booed’ at Trump Rally

After being booed at the trump rally, Abbott chants, "let's go Trump." It was interesting to watch Abbott use Trump's name non stop to prevent from being booed…funny because I stood at the convention in 2016 when Abbott REFUSED to use Trump's name!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
huffines is running mostly on closing the border which the governor has no authority to do. That's a federal issue.

RL Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I'm done with Abbott: he's waffled on everything: constitutional carry, child mutilation (medical transgendering), abortion, CRT, you name it.

I already voted early for Don Huffines, the RINO's in Austin hate him and see him as an outsider like Donald Trump.

Abbott has had his turn and he's found wanting, time to take out the trash.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...t-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...imary-election/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texas Right to Life Endorses Candidates—But Not Gov. Abbott—in March Primary Election

https://texasscorecard.com/state/co...s-for-governor/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Most notably, the group selected former State Sen. Don Huffines as its pick for the gubernatorial race. Huffines is currently part of a field of Republican challengers facing incumbent Gov. Greg Abbott in the hotly contested primary election.

“Don Huffines is a Christian, Constitutional conservative who will finish the border wall, ban all vaccine mandates, and secure our elections,” the group wrote. “He is a successful businessman who knows what it’s like to meet a payroll and have families depend on the decisions he makes. He is pro-free enterprise and strongly anti-communist. He will uphold our traditional family values.”

https://texasscorecard.com/state/re...al-race-theory/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Abbott has recently faced criticism for allowing Texas’ state agencies to teach CRT to public employees.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/go...-family-pledge/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

As Gov. Greg Abbott repeatedly refuses to act on several GOP priority child protection laws, Texas’ new pro-family organization continues to pressure him and top state lawmakers.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/te...r-2022-primary/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Texans Uniting for Reform & Freedom (TURF) compiled its 2022 Primary Voter Guide to assess candidates’ positions on toll roads, transportation policy (including accountability and transparency), and property rights.

TURF’s affiliated PAC Texans for Toll-Free Highways used the surveys as the basis for their candidate endorsements.

TTH endorsed two statewide candidates: Don Huffines for governor and Louie Gohmert for attorney general.

https://texasscorecard.com/state/ab...y-voting-guide/?highlight=Don%20Huffines

Early voting for the statewide March primary election began Monday, and Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) has just released their voting guide, consisting of candidates who pledged to end abortion in Texas.

The names of 73 candidates are included in the guide covering federal, statewide, and state races.

Gov. Greg Abbott’s name is notably absent from the list. However, two of his Republican primary challengers—Allen West and Don Huffines—have signed the AATX pledge.

AATX does note that while West has “promised to sign legislation without exceptions, his website still says he will not tell a woman who has been raped not to have an abortion.”

If I thought Huffines could deliver what he says, I would vote for him in a minute. I just don't think he can - just like President Trump had the desire and even attempted to do the things he promised, he was shut down and I think the same will happen with Huffines.

Even if Huffines can win, S Texas is the home of TX democrats and even though they may be "conservative" democrats (oxymoron there) they will oppose tooth and nail anything to do with walls or immigration.

Right or wrong we need someone who has experience with the political game, especially with Texas on the verge of blue anyway. That, whether you like him or not is Gov. Abbott. "Beto" may be a clown and loser, but he is real and TX better respect that challenge and act accordingly. I'm voting for Abbott.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 65 invisible), 3,040 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.