Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Any flies on it for $750?

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 02/20/22.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Mine had to go back to Ruger. Magazines wouldn't seat into place. I have no idea what they did to it. Reasonably accurate and has been 100% reliable since I got it back. I don't know that it offers anything over a $500 Del-Ton, but I am far from an expert.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Depends on the intended use. It can be a pretty good distance shooter:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Exchipy
Depends on the intended use. It can be a pretty good distance shooter:

Upgraded trigger? My stock trigger is pretty bad.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Yessir. TriggerTech Adaptable.

The replacement Ultradyne Athena linear compensator tends to direct the noise forward, which seems a good idea.

Every day’s an adventure.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Mine is 100% stock. It's been very reliable.

I put a Leupold 2-7 on it and use it mostly for predator calling and plinking.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Exchipy

Yessir. TriggerTech Adaptable.

The replacement Ultradyne Athena linear compensator tends to direct the noise forward, which seems a good idea.

You have a very nice rifle buddy. Great shooter. Like we've talked about before, that ultradyne linear comp is a good one. The muzzle brake on the MPR is excessively noisy and directs the blast/concussion back to the shooter. I didn't want to bad mouth the MPR, but that was a huge complaint with my girlfriend with her MPR. I had to install a linear comp on hers as well. Made a huge difference. Yours looks great with that 3rd gen PRS and Burris on top.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Supposedly they have Ruger hammer forged barrels which aren't bad. Not name brand custom good but not shabby. Good news is if it shoots, it ought to last awhile. Bad news is if it doesn't shoot, it will last a while. smile

Politics is War by Other Means
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've had one for 3 years now. I might have 500 through it at this point. It shoots about everything into 3/4" or less at 100yds. I've yet to experience a malfunction of any kind. I did remove the favorite muzzle brake that was deafening and installed a standard birdcage. Other than that.....it's all stock.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
That's a good price nowadays. $889 at Sportsman's, about the same on Grab A Gun, last time I checked.

I was going to buy one but went a different route. Shot both MPR and standard AR 556 (coworkers' guns) and both shot good and had no issues. MPR trigger is much better, but both were surprisingly accurate. For $750 I might have gone the MPR route as an AR truck gun / various varmint getter. Best price I've seen since before the 'Rona.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Mine had to go back to Ruger. Magazines wouldn't seat into place. I have no idea what they did to it. Reasonably accurate and has been 100% reliable since I got it back. I don't know that it offers anything over a $500 Del-Ton, but I am far from an expert.

The trigger, the free-float handguard, and better furniture.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Not that I've noticed. I've owned 3 so far. First had the single best load but was fussy. The second wasn't particularly accurate but was no lemon. The third is the most accurate on average though it won't compete with that best load in the first gun. By on average, I mean I have 5-6 different loads that will do 3/4 MOA or better. The only mechanical / reliability issue I've had is the last one would sometimes misfire with Nosler factory ammo .. no problems with handloads in any of them.

#3 isn't going anywhere. The only maybe issue is it's a bit heavy for what it delivers so I'm pondering adding a 2nd rifle with a shorter barrel .. maybe iron sights, maybe not .. to keep it company.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Hmm let me think. Just off the top of my head......the 452 trigger, magpul furniture, full length hand guard, 18" barrel, a rifle length gas system....

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ky221
I've had one for 3 years now. I might have 500 through it at this point. It shoots about everything into 3/4" or less at 100yds. I've yet to experience a malfunction of any kind. I did remove the favorite muzzle brake that was deafening and installed a standard birdcage. Other than that.....it's all stock.

Looks good. That A2 flash hider probably helps a lot. The concussion of the factory MPR brake is excessive. Whoever designed that one had their heads in their azzes.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Looks good. That A2 flash hider probably helps a lot. The concussion of the factory MPR brake is excessive. Whoever designed that one had their heads in their azzes.

It ain't no barn burner, but it's a heck of a little rifle for the money.

The first time I shot it with the brake I thought something was wrong. I think I shot it 3 more times before putting the birdcage on it.

D
dla Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D

I must be deaf cause I shoot one with my usual foam ear plugs and don't find it any different from the carbine AR556.
Now maybe standing to the side of it is worse, but what the hell are you doing there in the first place?

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by dla

I must be deaf cause I shoot one with my usual foam ear plugs and don't find it any different from the carbine AR556.
Now maybe standing to the side of it is worse, but what the hell are you doing there in the first place?

Maybe an appt with your otolaryngologist should be in order.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

The trigger, the free-float handguard, and better furniture.

My trigger is bad. I am not overly picky about triggers, especially not weight, but mine is gritty, notchy, has a crapton of travel and is inconsistent.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I was reminded the other night of Bushmaster’s mini Y comp that they welded on back during the ban. It was obnoxiously loud to anyone around but had a special treat for the shooter, it would blow gas and powder right back in your face.

Brakes are bad but they’ve come a long way from that one.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by TWR
I was reminded the other night of Bushmaster’s mini Y comp that they welded on back during the ban. It was obnoxiously loud to anyone around but had a special treat for the shooter, it would blow gas and powder right back in your face.

Brakes are bad but they’ve come a long way from that one.

TWR, the brake on the MPR directs concussion right back in the shooters face. You would think they would have came a long ways, but that one was horrible. She begged me to fix it for her and the best thing I could think of was to install a linear comp. It helped big time. For those that aren't bothered by the concussion, my hat goes off to you. It gives me a headache..

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 59 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.