Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sure, but what happens when the pipeline war in Ukraine leads to high wheat prices?

Everyone will just be happy as hell to pay the extra money or maybe they would want to import some wheat?

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm all for no imports of anything I raise, but I also love the export market.....lol

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sure, but what happens when the pipeline war in Ukraine leads to high wheat prices?

Everyone will just be happy as hell to pay the extra money or maybe they would want to import some wheat?

You probably aren't old enough to remember "A barrel of oil for a bushel of wheat."

It was a thing. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm all for no imports of anything I raise, but I also love the export market.....lol

No kidding!

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hey Conrad, did you install those windmills yet? The ones you're gonna use to charge your electric vehicles?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

You probably aren't old enough to remember "A barrel of oil for a bushel of wheat."

It was a thing. smile

I could be a thing again soon.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have no problem with oil imports as long as we’re allowed to produce enough domestically to not be reliant on other countries. Especially ones that hate us. Free markets have to be free, including politically motivated onerous regulations. I’m not saying protectionism, but trading with real partners on a level playing field.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Oil is a part, but it’s only a part…. 100 years ago, folks did just fine without it…. We still fought wars. It’s always easier to blame someone or something else for our own shortcomings….

A hundred years ago we were indeed fighting our wars using oil.

That fact aside, oil is nothing but a powerful poker chip in world power. Before the age of oil and combustion engines, other commodities were the powerful poker chip. It's always been that way. It'll always be that way.

He with the most poker chips wins. That's just the way it is.

So that would justify what we did under W Bush?

I haven't seen anywhere where he, or anyone else has ever said it was justified, BUT, it's just the way it is, and will always be. He with the most oil makes the rules.

Why do we allow OPEC to exist then?

Who owns BP and Shell?

The share holders of which I am one.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Along with equity firms.

Doesn't account for OPEC though.

I am MAGA.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Along with equity firms.

Doesn't account for OPEC though.

Huh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Apparently other countries also produce and export oil as well.

Why don't we have that oil too?

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner

Oil is a part, but it’s only a part…. 100 years ago, folks did just fine without it…. We still fought wars. It’s always easier to blame someone or something else for our own shortcomings….

A hundred years ago we were indeed fighting our wars using oil.

That fact aside, oil is nothing but a powerful poker chip in world power. Before the age of oil and combustion engines, other commodities were the powerful poker chip. It's always been that way. It'll always be that way.

He with the most poker chips wins. That's just the way it is.

So that would justify what we did under W Bush?

I haven't seen anywhere where he, or anyone else has ever said it was justified, BUT, it's just the way it is, and will always be. He with the most oil makes the rules.

Why do we allow OPEC to exist then?

Who owns BP and Shell?

The share holders of which I am one.

BP - British Petroleum based in London
Royal DUTCH Shell - now just Shell, plc is also based in London

Both are publicly traded.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I knew this thread would smoke out some closet liberals.

Calling Jim a liberal is BS, Pat.

Expand your knowledge base and maybe you'll figure out where he's coming from.

It's his go to.

For like, forever...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Oil is the answer to America's security, both fiscal and physical, in our lifetime.

The liberals war on it should make that obvious to all.

Their war is against everything. Marriage, education, family, medicine, hunting, fishing, religion, happiness and freedom, but mostly their war is against people.

That's because the left is controlled by Satan. Same war of good against evil that's always gone on. If your side is for killing babies and against families, religion, and freedom of speech and the right to self protection it should be pretty obvious to even you that you are evil and on Satan's side.

Bb

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Oil is the answer to America's security, both fiscal and physical, in our lifetime.

The liberals war on it should make that obvious to all.

with the crap going on in the Ukraine.... that ought to be more than obvious.. as I watch Peppermint Patty, Lets Go Brandon Administration's Chief Liar, claim that the XL Pipe Line has nothing to do with, or any ability to help out the Ukraine or the American Public, after Russia attacked the Ukraine...

well that is comforting news......

anyone???

anybody there???

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Clueless, just clueless.

Biden on oil

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that the U.S. needs to decrease its reliance on foreign oil by switching over to renewable energy, not increasing domestic production.

"We need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, on oil in general, and we need to look at other ways of having energy in our country and others," Psaki said during an interview with ABC This Week Sunday. "We've seen over the last week or so... a number of European countries are recognizing they need to reduce their own reliance on Russian oil."

Psaki's comments come as fears grow that energy prices could continue to rise amid Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine, with many NATO countries such as Germany dependent on Russian oil to fuel their countries.

That dependence has also limited the international response to Russia's invasion, with sanctions being specifically designed not to target Russian fuel exports amid fears such a move could send energy prices soaring in Europe.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why do we financially support communism? Look at all the business done in China. We buy oil from Russia? We buy oil from the rag head idiots that call us the great satan. We're financing the war on our own people. But we can't build a pipeline that would benefit both us and Canada? Canadians aren't flooding across our border for free stuff. We should be taking care of ourselves. Trump saw that and acted on it. No democrat or rino ever will.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Clueless, just clueless.

Biden on oil

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said that the U.S. needs to decrease its reliance on foreign oil by switching over to renewable energy, not increasing domestic production.

"We need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, on oil in general, and we need to look at other ways of having energy in our country and others," Psaki said during an interview with ABC This Week Sunday. "We've seen over the last week or so... a number of European countries are recognizing they need to reduce their own reliance on Russian oil."

Psaki's comments come as fears grow that energy prices could continue to rise amid Russia's ongoing war in Ukraine, with many NATO countries such as Germany dependent on Russian oil to fuel their countries.

That dependence has also limited the international response to Russia's invasion, with sanctions being specifically designed not to target Russian fuel exports amid fears such a move could send energy prices soaring in Europe.

and this from the people who are leading our nation.... unelected at that, no matter what they claim...... I bet people in the Ukraine could lecture us on how renewable energy could really be helping them out right now....imagine this : electric Tanks, electric missiles, electric AK 47s etc.....This isn't a Star Wars movie Peppermint Patty.....

Biden is about as helpful to the American public and economy, as Putin currently is to the Ukrainian public and their economy....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Mike78
Jim has always been a liberal. Hard for many to see, but it's there for all to see.

Certainly whines more than Sam...

Hahaha!

Thats good.

Blood sugar problem, fat ass?

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,574 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.