Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I was hunting with suppressors 30 years ago and still have about 30 cans of various calibers and sizes.
For my type of hunting now, which is basically a one-and-done deal, I have no use for a suppressor and no reason to carry the added length and weight.

Unlike Mr. Burns, it was the cool kids using them 30 years ago, but now I'm an adult, and don't need to be cool anymore. For most of my hunting anyway.

There are still certain situations where I use one though.

Tony

Run it up, until you blow it up, then back it down a bit.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Okay can mavens, riddle me this: Are suppressors included under the NFA rule that requires you to notify the gummint or get permission before you cross state lines like SBRs?

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
you can cross any state line with a can as long as the state that you are entering allows suppressors, without notifying anyone.

Last edited by TRnCO; 03/31/23.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by tylerw02
Suppressors for hunting? Yes. Saves hearing, makes the rifle easier to shoot, and it provides a tactical advantage. For instance, I was on a big game hunt this past season. My rifle and my friend's rifle were both suppressed. We spotted two animals at the same time, a few hundred yards apart. We were both able to take animals. One on the spotter, one shooting then vice versa. Had we had unsuppressed rifles, only one of us would have been able to taken game that day.
Just saying if you needed a spotter, you didn't need the cans!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Okay can mavens, riddle me this: Are suppressors included under the NFA rule that requires you to notify the gummint or get permission before you cross state lines like SBRs?
No.

They just need to be legal where you go. No informing like with a SBR

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TRnCO
you cross any state line with a can as long as the state that you are entering allows suppressors, without notifying anyone.

Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by Pappy348
No.

They just need to be legal where you go. No informing like with a SBR

Thanks.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TonyRumore
I was hunting with suppressors 30 years ago and still have about 30 cans of various calibers and sizes.
For my type of hunting now, which is basically a one-and-done deal, I have no use for a suppressor and no reason to carry the added length and weight.

Unlike Mr. Burns, it was the cool kids using them 30 years ago, but now I'm an adult, and don't need to be cool anymore. For most of my hunting anyway.

Tony

Don't know much about being a cool kid.

I like and use em' for two main reasons,

1. Reduction in volume of report.

2. I am able to get off more than one shot when opportunity provides.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TonyRumore

Tony
Originally Posted by geedubya
Don't know much about being a cool kid.

I like and use em' for two main reasons,

1. Reduction in volume of report.

2. I am able to get off more than one shot when opportunity provides.

ya!

GWB

Your one of the cool kids.

I think Tony just a little envious.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I was going to start a new thread, and still may.

Has anyone got their mitts on the Rugged Alaska 360 Ti yet? 6.6 oz and 6.9" long as direct thread, rated up to .338 LM, and pretty decent db reduction with cartridges they listed. I was thinking Banish Backcountry until I stumbled across this one, I like the larger than .30 caliber option.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can't speak to the 360 Ti, but I have a std 360 in jail. Impression I got from reading was that the extra $4 didn't offset the weight/length savings to make it worth it.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Can't speak to the 360 Ti, but I have a std 360 in jail. Impression I got from reading was that the extra $4 didn't offset the weight/length savings to make it worth it.

I'm going out on a limb here and assuming you meant $400 not $4. My current suppressor is 14 oz direct thread. To me cutting weight by 7 ounces and the ability run 9mm and .338 bullets is an easy decision for me, there is absolutely no incentive for me to buy the standard Alaskan 360.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes, meant $400.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.