Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I saw on the local news that People here are gathering military type gear and sending it to Ukraine....are you kidding me??
When I saw a huge pile of wool clothing, medical supplies being sent, I was wondering if maybe we might need the gear here at home.

One of the things that caught my eye was several pieces of body armour......I thought it was illegal to possess body armour without a permit. I checked into it and the regulation was passed that you can possess it without a permit in Quebec, Ontario, and Nova Scotia, but the law remains sketchy. This is BC, its a $10,000 fine and six months in jail to possess it without a permit, the MSM is so stupid.

People are willing to stand up for freedom in a far away place, but the same People won't stand up for their freedoms that we have lost here at home.
It reminded me of the United front sending all our PPE gear back to China when the Wuhan first made its appearance.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning my friend, I see your light is still on and hope the coffee is a good batch this morning and the sun is up there too.

I'll preface this with the thought that my heart and prayers go out to the citizens directly affected by all of this, particularly in the Ukraine where they're either forced to leave or are embroiled in the fighting. As an additional thought on that, I'd say that if one does careful research into the organization, there might be charities who are rendering meaningful aid to those citizens and that might be worthy of support if one is so inclined.

The more I dig into the past decade and a bit within Ukraine the more convinced I am that pretty much everyone is lying to us about it - everyone.

That all out of the way then my friend, I too share your incredulity at folks who support taking my restricted long guns away because they have no purpose in a modern society and at the same time fund raise to send actual combat ready tools to the citizenry of another country because they're now vital in their modern society.

When confronted about this, they are absolutely not aware at all of the diametrically opposed position they're taking either - will not admit it in fact. If I was younger and less jaded, it might actually blow my mind, but as it stands it just confirms my opinion that we're not going to change some people's minds regardless of the facts presented.

Sending surplus 1950's wool pants which in all probability will never, ever get anywhere other than a Canadian landfill is again virtue signaling in my view. I suppose there's possibly room for some people who aren't capable of critical thought within the moment so we could argue if they're capable of virtue signaling? I'd be open for that exchange too...

Finally my friend, it shows me that there still exists a segment of our society who are listening to the legacy media and not questioning who writes the scripts for them. That indicates we who see through that veneer still have our work cut out for us to continue to encourage our fellow citizens to question and then by doing so hopefully will also see the light. We can hope anyways.

It's ironic for me in that it's a wee bit like sharing one's faith with someone else. As the sharer, we don't know if the listener will accept or reject what's being shared - that's a fact. I've made my peace with the belief that it's up to God to change the hearts and minds, I am only able to show though example and respond intelligently if asked to defend my position on the matter, you know? So in that regard it's a place where I've existed for much of my adult life and to me again this is quite similar.

Hopefully that made some sense?

All the best to you all this week and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Excellent points 673 and BC30cal,

I feel great sympathy for the Ukrainian people. It’s a useful war if you want to change the topic from runaway inflation, high gas prices, Freedom Convoys, shortages of goods, sagging poll numbers, etc.. Let the legacy media chew that bone for now.

Nick

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nick1899;
Top of the morning to you my friend, I trust you're getting tolerable weather and the weekend was a fine one for you all.

Thanks for the reply and your take on this all, I appreciate it.

Indeed it seems like too much of an amazing coincidence in some ways does it not?

On the subject of support and organizations who may or may not deserve anyone's hard earned dollars.

In my email inbox this morning was an update from Samaritan's Purse who are setting up a field hospital in the Ukraine.

We got involved with them via their Operation Christmas Child shoebox campaign in our church, which we'd dug into a bit as church management - used to be on the church board - and they seemed to be a reasonably run charity.

When there was a major flood in Grand Forks which is two valleys east of me a couple or three springs ago there was a team from Samaritan's Purse on the ground helping locals before ANYONE else, including the provincial government. They helped people pack and move, had a field kitchen going and looked to be pretty effective to me. Never heard a word crosswise about them afterward either from anyone.

When the flood hit Abbotsford last fall they were some of the first organizations in on the ground again.

In no way am I saying I know who is benefitting from your donations there or anything else that might or might not be relevant, but they seem less top heavy than say the Red Cross as an example. No, I'm not suggesting anyone should or should not support the Red Cross either, again just attempting to articulate what I saw in two disasters which were local enough that I had some knowledge of.

Nothing more than that.

All the best and God bless.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The US has been stirring up the Ukraine for years. They are using her for bait......

Note the date of the video.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good morning
Besides tactical equipment and intelligence, the best thing we can do is to let them know we are behind them and prayer. Often, and oftener.
These days much of the world has drifted from a belief in God. Myself, it has only strengthened this resolve .
It might not get us what we think we want , it is much more mysterious and powerful than we imagine .
It will do great good.
God Bless you all

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe the feds will send all the recently prohibited semi-auto sporting rifles over.

Predominantly chambered in 5.56 and 7.62x39

You turned in your unregistered Mini-14, and Min-30 ? Right !
I would’ve if mine weren’t lost kayaking ;-(

For the Ukraine, and Brave Ukrainian people. :

Confiscate Russian Oil, & Assets, Sell it, and make reparation payments to the Ukraine. Or, Maybe Justly Nuke Putin, Just a thought …

Last edited by 338Rules; 03/08/22. Reason: Sending Prayers for Peace

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Good post 673 and i couldnt agree more.

Dwayne was spot on too. Its so convoluted, and the elite class are so crooked I dont trust anything they say anymore.

Anyone see the headlines on the front page of every paper worldwide about the data Pfizer was forced to release ?? Didnt think so, but it confirmed a lot of things many suspected.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Just need another peaceful protest, that'll get Putin's attention.

Life is good live it while you can.
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Why is it that everytime I see this Zelensky fellow, (which is everyday),,,, he is begging for aid in the form of weapons and ammo, and foreign help to fight off the Russians? Then when he doesn't get his skies closed, he begins talking down to everyone he just asked for help.

Why is everyone making this guy out to be the biggest hero on the planet? I think he is a bullschitt artist and he is propped up by a series of bullschitt artists, not just the media.
I don't believe him.

IC B3

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like Putin has taken globalists to task, and has his azz covered while doing so.
https://csmtimes.com/china-urges-pentagon-to-open-up-about-biolabs-in-ukraine

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Putin says............
https://realrawnews.com/2022/03/put...eeing-ukraine-for-neighboring-countries/
I have been paying some attention to this happening in diverse places for about a year now.

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Where theres smoke, theres usually fire. I've been hearing reports about the biolabs for a few weeks now. No doubt Fauci knows all about them. Maybe thats why he has disappeared ?

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The diddy about airbourn rabies perked my interest. It is just a matter of time until one or more of these plagues is unleashed upon the World, we have been warned.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It should become obvious to the legacy media that they have lost the confidence of a very large segment of the population. It would certainly be nice to have a source of news which had no agenda and would let the facts speak for themselves. If only the truth was just the truth and not warped by the teller. GD

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Consider any information you get from Eastern Europe to be a lie. Considering the false information we get in our own countries you can bet information allowed out of Ukraine are lies on top of lies.

Hold on to your weapons and warm clothes. Your government and the media they control are not your friend.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by Hastings
Consider any information you get from Eastern Europe to be a lie. Considering the false information we get in our own countries you can bet information allowed out of Ukraine are lies on top of lies.

Hold on to your weapons and warm clothes. Your government and the media they control are not your friend.

Good advice right here. ^

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I certainly don't like people being killed one way or the other.

past that, I'm blunt. If you give away what you need for your own protection against your own government, you have done exactly that that government wants you to do.

I noted Dwaynes comment about long guns. And wondered why he stated it that way. Then I realized I still carry a handgun or two just about 24/7/365 and thats not the case up north. I recall in the 80s in BC at our family they had to go to the mounties office to pull a pistol to shoot it and then return it. Back then it was WTF. But what could they do I suppose.

Dont' let em have your food. Your clothes. Your money or your guns or your God. You will need all the above one day. And if you loose some, make sure you keep your God.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by rost495
I certainly don't like people being killed one way or the other.

past that, I'm blunt. If you give away what you need for your own protection against your own government, you have done exactly that that government wants you to do.

I noted Dwaynes comment about long guns. And wondered why he stated it that way. Then I realized I still carry a handgun or two just about 24/7/365 and thats not the case up north. I recall in the 80s in BC at our family they had to go to the mounties office to pull a pistol to shoot it and then return it. Back then it was WTF. But what could they do I suppose.

Dont' let em have your food. Your clothes. Your money or your guns or your God. You will need all the above one day. And if you loose some, make sure you keep your God.

More good advice. I had a muslim hunter last fall that was originally from Kazakhstan. He lives in Canada now and travels the world buying ore from mines. Anyway we were talking about the state of the world and he told me that one thing we should never do under any circumstances is give up our right to own and keep weapons. He said its the one single thing that sets us apart and keeps some of the evil at bay.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Look where all of the billions in aid money goes when it's sent to Ukraine. Zelensky's offshore accounts and shell corporations

https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...offshore-connections-volodymyr-zelenskiy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
827 members (1234, 12308300, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 86 invisible), 3,246 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,186
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.