24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
OP Offline
T
Anyone using these in 16 ga. Can't seem to find any SPECIFIC data for them except BPs which seem to very doubtful. Heard they are using computer data rather than tested data.

BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'm pretty sure Rio hulls are Cheddite hulls, so any Cheddite hull data you can find would work in them.

J
J
Rio hulls are NOT Cheddite hulls. They are fairly similar, but the primer pickets on Rios are larger. Is the data interchangeable? The standard answer is no. The difference in cx2000 and rio209 primers is probably a bigger deal than the basewad shape.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
If you go over to the 16 gauge society forums, join and do a search you will find some in history. I show 18 loads on my sheet that came from members there.

Last edited by Charlie16ga; 02/18/22. Reason: spelling
T
OP Offline
T
One can't get IN on the 16ga.com. Check it out yourself. Over 100 guys waiting to be "approved" Technically, NO administrator to just throw the switch and allow people to join. Applications for approval date back a couple of months.

IC B2

T
OP Offline
T
One can't get IN on the 16ga.com. Check it out yourself. Over 100 guys waiting to be "approved" Technically, NO administrator to just throw the switch and allow people to join. Applications for approval date back a couple of months.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Sorry to hear that. I’d heard of a couple but nowhere in those numbers. If you want to pm me your email I’ll shared my copy of data with you. The contact for admin is s_long these days, hard to criticize a guy doing the job purely out of the goodness of his heart for a lost friend.

T
OP Offline
T
Charlie... i'v e been talking to a few other guys about this issue. They tried to help by looking into the problem. I'm aware that the fellow works and may not have the time to check all the new applicants into the system, but that's the point. Someone else with more time might be able to step in. The system appears to be WAY backed up by a few pages with no end in sight and apparently there's no else who can just throw the switch and allow new applicants to officially join. Its over 2 mths now for me.

N
N
Hi all new to the campfire but I can verify I have been waiting a few weeks myself to be approved on 16ga. Thanks to all for the good info on here it is appreciated.

N
N
Charlie I would be interested in a copy of your data but the forum won’t let me pm yet for some reason. Maybe you could pm me and I’ll be able to respond that way.

IC B3

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Won’t let me either, are you on shotgun world or gobblernation by chance? I’m Charlie16ga on both those as well. Should allow me to contact you on those.

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Got authorization, pm incoming!

C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
To those of you waiting for access to the 16 gauge website we received news today that the admin had been backlogged due to real life and was in the process of catching up. So, look for your access to be granted in the coming week.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Still waiting on my 16ga forum access as well. Thanks..

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by towerladder
Anyone using these in 16 ga. Can't seem to find any SPECIFIC data for them except BPs which seem to very doubtful. Heard they are using computer data rather than tested data.

Someone said these are cheddite, and I believe that is correct. I agree with not trusting BPI loads, been there, and won’t again.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
The RIO white or clear primed are a dang good hull. The draw back is you got to use Rio primers]. The plastic is thicker and out last the cheddite 4 to 1. Don't know if their resupplying the vendors. But Rio mfg has a phone number to call. They can tell you where their dealers are that they've been shipping to.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
BP makes a tool for about $9.00 to resize hulls that have used RIO primer. It works quite well. The RIO blue hulled training hulls are virtually the same as Cheddite including the Star trademark. RIO primers are not interchangeable with any others without pressure testing to be sure. I use straight walled load data without changing the internal components and have had no problems

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
661 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17Fan, 09wingates, 72 invisible), 2,679 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,608
Posts18,398,386
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.