Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I need a new net, the cable ties holding the bag together on the old one are getting worn and the gorilla tape over the cracks in the handle is pulling away. Otherwise a small amount of spinner components and maybe some bottom bouncers is all. I figure I got enough rods to get me through this year. How about you?

GB2

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Need a new wire reel. Always buying new spoons/flashers/flies

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I actually bought a Bass Tracker Classic XL today. I needed something smaller to get into the strip pits I normally fish. Some are tight enough I have to use my Gator to launch the boat. Boat inventory is in a bad way around here….

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I may pick up a spare prop for the outboard soon. Mine is already fairly chewed up, so a few more good whacks on the river and it'll be about shot.

Other than that, I'm already pretty well set for this year.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I'm planning on buying a new triton 18 footer with a 150 merc this year. Ofcorse, I've had the same plan for the last 5 years too though lol.

IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Thinking about a little 12 foot vbottom. I have a 6hp
sitting in the shop that looks lonely

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Have a Minn Kota Terrova on order and looking at an addition to the Garmin df

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the factory outlet store good luck on that.... you be 5 months out that's what happened to me

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wanted a smaller boat so I have a Polarcraft 178 Frontier on order putting a 115 Merc Pro XS

I sold my 1625 Lund Rebel
Ironically wanted something larger than my small boat but also something smaller than my large boat

I also ordered a Merc 20hp efi for my duck boat
These new 20s are only 99lbs and I hear they run very well

Hank

Last edited by boatboy; 03/11/22.

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Boat boy what was the tag price on the 20hp merc?
Was out to Fleet & Farm the other day they marked down some Berkley, Daiwa and Shimano rods pretty cheap. When I can buy a new fishing rod for $7.50/12 each I get right after it. Bought 7 for $71.36 . I keep some fishing rods in my camper as well as both trucks. It's nice to keep several in each boat that way you don't have to move alot a stuff around to go....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by atvalaska
From the factory outlet store good luck on that.... you be 5 months out that's what happened to me
Reeds in MN

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well. I sold my LT10
Gheenoe. Used the funds to pay for a new 13' model and a 12'9 square stern GoldenHawk canoe. The extra size and weight of the LT10 made creek fishing more of a headache than it should have. Happy to be going back to a 13' model and the golden hawk will let me tap into some really off the path places.

Nothing new as far as tackle, rods, etc though.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Boat boy what was the tag price on the 20hp merc?
mb

I don’t recall exact but I bought a 14ft used Grizzly and I like the little boat it has a 9.9 Merc 4 stoke and it moves it but just ain’t enough for me, if I was on a frog pond it would be fine but I am on a small river off the Saginaw Bay Lake Huron and I can run a ways. What caught me is the 99lbs but I blew that by a couple I added power trim and tilt. The 411 I am getting is these run very well

So efi /power to weight ratio
I think and hope it will be a winner
I have a mud motor for this boat also so at times I will want the Go Devil and spring etc the outboard
Hank

MB when is enough ammo or Rods enough
I have no idea that’s why I also seem to keep adding

When I post I think it’s worthy to note
I think Merc,Yamaha and Suzuki make GREAT outboards
But I work for Merc

Last edited by boatboy; 03/13/22.

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks for the info. On the what is enough ammo? The answer is you have enough after you die or your trying to swim to shore. But fishing rods and reels wgf it's only your business. My 73 Evinrude is 49 years old I want newer 25hp with electric start and 4 stroke . A alternator for battery charging and my partially torn rotator cuff says electric start
Trying to find a new small motor is a bitch...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Bob it sure is tough finding OBs today

There is a bunch of factors but man when you find your 25 4 stroke you will love it

But ironically I don’t follow the small ones that much and before I ordered the 20 I was talking to a dealer friend and I didn’t realize how common tilt and trim is currently on the tiller motors and it makes sense guys of my age and more mature twisting around and tilting the motor is just a pain
If your going to have a battery for electric start may as just use it for the trim
Hank

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Boat boy I got ruined back in 1980 I bought a 16' Alumacraft with a 20" transom and a 40hp tiller Merc. I didn't get the electric start so no alternator or trim and tilt. 2nd notch up on the trim and gas tank as far forward as I could get it. It would run on the last 4.5' of hull at 37-38 mph. Paid 2150 for it new. That won't buy a 9.9 merc these days never mind the boat or trailer. Yeah I just like the ease and portability of 14-16' v hull aluminum fishing boats, don't get any simpler. Mb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What the [bleep] are you talking about

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by blanket
What the [bleep] are you talking about

Well blanket the topic of the thread is new.purchases and boat boy and I were talking about getting new smaller outboards that allright with you?...mb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not really planned. Old VHF radio on the groupa slaya kicked the bucket. Replaced it with a new standard horizon.

A person who's happy will make others happy. Anne Frank
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Re-inventing my old boat this year. Every 20 yrs I give it a makeover. Around the turn of the millennium I decked it over, this time it will be just pods on the back, a shooting deck(removeable) for archery carp and I'm building a surface drive motor from a kit.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 03/14/22.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
721 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 11point, 12344mag, 160user, 91 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.