24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
China is not stupid enough to be drawn into this. If they isolate themselves from the rest of the world economically, they are toast. They need the rest of the world buying their cheap schidt.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
what words? you're telling me I'm gonna be eating out of a trash can while you'll be eating the high dollar spam when China forces the world off the petrol dollar.

what am I supposed to do with that? I know, I'll uproot my family, move into the wilderness, get a wood stove, dig a well ,grow an ass load of tomatoes and raise goats, and sell everything I own to buy gold and crypto because a guy named irfurbar on the internet is telling me my world is going to end in a few months.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/13/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
what words? you're telling me I'm gonna be eating out of a trash can while you'll be eating the high dollar spam when China forces the world off the petrol dollar.

what am I supposed to do with that? I know, I'll uproot my family, move into the wilderness, get a wood stove, dig a well ,grow an ass load of tomatoes and raise goats, and sell everything I own to buy gold and crypto because a guy named irfurbar on the internet is telling me my world is going to end in a few months.

If I came across that way I apologize, you seem like a nice normie... I am just a little jaded due to current events. I would like to help you and have given advice to you in the past and , well you took it as combative. It is probably my presentation.
I wish you the best, just a little tough love is all I got

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
China is not stupid enough to be drawn into this. If they isolate themselves from the rest of the world economically, they are toast. They need the rest of the world buying their cheap schidt.

They will do whatever they perceive as being advantageous to China.

And Consider that the rest of the world needs and wants their cheap stuff ongoing.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

LOL.

You seem very ungrateful for his wise words of doom and gloom and your inadequte preps for the coming apocalypse.

You silly "normies". grin

I am waiting for him the explain what exact currency is going to replace the Dollar? China's RMB or Russian Rubles?

They have been trying to do this for years but everybody knows China is litterally the worlds worst currency manipulator and who would be willing to get paid in Rubles?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John,
Obviously I don't know, if I claimed I did , I would be full of schit... but I can guess... very risky for me, kinda like predictions... but here we go smile a digital , block chain currency, like bit coin.. but backed by gold.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And they wouldn't need the worlds approval, they could simply sell their energy , fertilizer etc... to other countries through this blockchain and eliminate western bankers

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
John,
Obviously I don't know, if I claimed I did , I would be full of schit... but I can guess... very risky for me, kinda like predictions... but here we go smile a digital , block chain currency, like bit coin.. but backed by gold.

Infubar,

A blockchain currency can't be backed by gold or any physical commodity.

The backing is the time it takes to digitally mine and the security of the blockchain.

It's still fiat currency.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Biden and his crazy administration have destroyed the stock market. it won't be long before a lot of people will be up in arms against the lunacy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
John,

Infubar,

The backing is the time it takes to digitally mine and the security of the blockchain.

John,
By no means am I an expert on blockchain or anything to do with Tech... but my understanding is blockchain is a fancy word for ledger. A ledger than records and displays every transaction ever made.
So forgive me if I use the wrong techno babble....
Point being a system that uses a ledger based on computing power backed by gold. Seems it could be done?
Again these things are like predictions, little upside for me and a ton of downside as in campfire fashion if I am wrong a dozen guys will jump my schit. I do appreciate the discussion though

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If they really wanted to unleash economic Hell on the US, they could coordinate dumping their US treasuries on the open market and cause our interest rates to skyrocket.

They have already started that with short term treasuries, not as easy with long term, but they aren't buying anymore. The fed is, it's called monetizing your debt, causes inflation... gee who'd a thunk
The real money play is when Russia starts selling energy and only accept gold as payment.... then the USD collapses .... coming soon I believe

The Fed announced last week they're not doing any more quantitative easing.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Good, at least we will know where they stand, they like to stand in the shadows and play the long game, good to force them to pick a side.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they really wanted to unleash economic Hell on the US, they could coordinate dumping their US treasuries on the open market and cause our interest rates to skyrocket.

They have already started that with short term treasuries, not as easy with long term, but they aren't buying anymore. The fed is, it's called monetizing your debt, causes inflation... gee who'd a thunk
The real money play is when Russia starts selling energy and only accept gold as payment.... then the USD collapses .... coming soon I believe

Oh yeah.... and they are going to raise interest rates also.... uh huh
They better raise rates above the rate of inflation, otherwise a waste of time..
The debt payment on 30 trillion will be debilitating

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Yep and further said that any rate increases that needed to be done to slow inflation would be done slowly and incrementally to avoid a recession.

All of the above yet to be seen.

It appears that the FED does have some wiggle room with rates as low as they’ve been and historically speaking, still are.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John,

Infubar,

Also John the one and only think that separates bit coin from fiat is the the supply is capped at , I think 23 million bitcoins?
Fiat is unlimited.... big distinction

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Yep and further said that any rate increases that needed to be done to slow inflation would be done slowly and incrementally to avoid a recession.

All of the above yet to be seen.

It appears that the FED does have some wiggle room with rates as low as they’ve been and historically speaking, still are.

Evert time they start creeping the rates up the equity market tanks.... they have painted themselves into a corner

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
What’s a “normie”?

Someone with less than 100k rounds of ammo stashed away?

Here’s a clue for all you normies out there. Your block chain currency, your bar of gold and your annuities can suck a lead dyck at anywhere from 700-3500 fps.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Audit the fed reserve.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Infubar,

John,
By no means am I an expert on blockchain or anything to do with Tech... but my understanding is blockchain is a fancy word for ledger. A ledger than records and displays every transaction ever made.
So forgive me if I use the wrong techno babble....
Point being a system that uses a ledger based on computing power backed by gold. Seems it could be done?
Again these things are like predictions, little upside for me and a ton of downside as in campfire fashion if I am wrong a dozen guys will jump my schit. I do appreciate the discussion though

The reason for the blockchain (ledger so to speak) is that it validates the coin as having been properly "mined". As in it's always traceable through all transactions back to the origin of the coin.

Think about that for a bit, always traceable back to the origin because every transaction is recorded in the blockchain.

Commodities backed money require a trusted organization always willing to redeem the money for the commodity.

If you tie it to gold you had better always have enough gold and that can limit the growth of an economy.

Much like Ukraine there are no simple anwers and pretty much everyone is playing an angle.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We've given Russia every reason to align itself with China even if they are reluctant to do so.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
198 members (257 mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 01Foreman400, 17 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 863 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.