-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where did they get the idea that they had the authority to vote away the second?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
FJB FRP

Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one.

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

When in the Course of human events......
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Something I thought I'd toss in here since we're cussing the US Senate. It's high time we did away with direct election of US Senators and restore the state legislatures' powers to elect them. That's the way it was originally set up and that's the way it should have remained. Direct election has just about completely decimated the power of the States and it's not good.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Something I thought I'd toss in here since we're cussing the US Senate. It's high time we did away with direct election of US Senators and restore the state legislatures' powers to elect them. That's the way it was originally set up and that's the way it should have remained. Direct election has just about completely decimated the power of the States and it's not good.

Right. The Senate was supposed to represent the interests of the States as government entities, not individual state residents. For the latter, folks had US House Representatives. It was a balance of legitimate interests that the Founders carefully worked out. The Seventeenth Amendment thew that delicate balance completely out of whack, and we've been seeing the consequences.

PS The same folks who pushed for the Federal Reserve and the Income Tax were the ones pushing for the Seventeenth Amendment, i.e., big money.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Right. The Senate was supposed to represent the interests of the States as government entities, not individual state residents. For the latter, folks had US House Representatives. It was a balance of legitimate interests that the Founders carefully worked out. The Seventeenth Amendment thew that delicate balance completely out of whack, and we've been seeing the consequences.

PS The same folks who pushed for the Federal Reserve and the Income Tax were the ones pushing for the Seventeenth Amendment, i.e., big money.

The problem is, if we try to go after the 17th at this point, the dems will want to redress several others, including the 2nd.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Blunt from my home state. He's retiring. I wish he'd have never gotten into any office.

He has been a long term POS ... Talks out the side of his mouth all the time ..

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Grassley and Ernst from Iowa, two more rhinos from Iowa that will never get my vote again

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Barrasso trying to be like Mitch, he is disappointing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fahqin' kuhnt Murkowski.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Meanwhile another 30,000 illegals just crossed the border..
More money for Sexual Augmentations ..
And those Sanctuary Cities still Exist..
14 billion for Traffic Cameras..
The ink is running dry at the Mint..
Lions, Tigers and Bears…

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ENorton
Barrasso trying to be like Mitch, he is disappointing.

What the hell was Barrasshole thinking when he voted for this? We had Liz Cheney turning into a Democrat/Traitor and now this. I thought McConnell was born with two heads, but it was just Barrasshole peering over Mitch's right shoulder to get his face in the camera.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Where did they get the idea that they had the authority to vote away the second?

Question of the ages right there.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Remember your enemies.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Tuberville (R-AL)
It didn’t take long for this guy to show his spots!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have been thinking that for years. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It’s threads like this that should remind us all, just how big a problem we have. I cringe when I hear people talking about the red wave coming in November, or how much better off the country will become once “we” take back the Senate and the House. I really like the idea of The Great Reset, just not the one the globalists have in mind.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I agree. Direct election of senators made it too easy to purchase votes. Look at Beijing Mitch. His personal wealth and that of his in-laws makes him beholden to the CCP.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Blunt from my home state. He's retiring. I wish he'd have never gotten into any office.

He has been a long term POS ... Talks out the side of his mouth all the time ..

He sure does. I used to call his office about issues that were in the works to express my thoughts and his people were some of the most rude I've ever encountered. He comes from a family of self serving RONOs.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It's time to realize, the nation was toppled in a bloodless coup decades ago.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by kwg020
No matter what law gets passed anything 2nd Amendment has to pass through the Supreme Court. It's too sensitive for any law to just be accepted and implemented without some kind of Supreme court action. There must of been something else in that bill for Grassley and Ernst to vote for it. Since we don't really know what is in the bill none of us know why they voted that way. There has to be something in it that got their "yes" vote.

kwg

Ernst was on TV pushing for US military action in Ukraine. Now we know shes on the take.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

682 members (16Racing, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,042
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.